Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

GSW be un-backable Favourites next year.

They could win more then 73 Games next year
They wont even get close to 73. There will be alot of meshing to be done before they work out how to play together. They have definitely improved and clear cut favourite for the title but basketball is a funny that way, assemble the best 5 players in the league doesnt neccisarily make the best fit

So still a bit of work to do in rounding out the squad. One thing is for certain is the front office won't be bringing in just any warm body to fill a role. They don't seem to settle for much less than the best case scenario. Taking that approach -

Definitely need a back up big to come in behind Zaza. Maybe 10-12 minutes. I'm all in on bringing back Larry Sanders. He wants back in, and he is the rim protector/shot blocker that Zaza isn't. Plus with his athleticism he'd get a s**t tonne of lobs. I think with our steady environment, and the relatively low pressure he would have to perform, it could work. It is doesn't, well, not a lot lost. Failing that I think Dedmon from Orlando or Miles Plumlee are the best fit for need. Plan C, or is it D, might be to bring Varejao back.

Also need a backup 4. Mo was looking like a pretty handy stretch four by seasons end and I think he'll get paid well for it. That said I think we need inside scoring more than another perimeter threat. David West might still want a ring. David Lee might want another one. Both would fit like a glove. West might want to re-coup some of the 10 million or so he left on the table to go to SA and Lee had a nice cameo in Dallas so could probably still secure 8-9 million if he wasn't too picky about where he played, and it's a big step down from there. Brandon Bass would be serviceable - no alarms, no surprises. The other I like is Terrence Jones. He stank it up this year along with the rest of the Rockets squad but looked promising before that.

And an off guard who can get to the rim. With all that shooting the lanes are going to be wide open all night, every night. Barbosa may come back for the vet min, Kevin Martin would be an excellent alternative. I don't like much beyond that...I really want Barbosa back as I think we need his wheels. Clark may still be a shot too but he would understandably be looking for a bigger payday.

Don't Blame Kevin Durant for the move

Blame the system which was created which allows it

He wants to win it ...don't we all

I agree it's bad but he's going to have to accept less shots and work on his defense and rebounding

Hoops is one of those games where a champion team will always beat a team of champions ......

Getting Kevin durant doesn't guarantee golden state the ring

Chemistry will play its part

OKC had harden, durant and Westbrook and couldn't get it done .....probably Gsw is more talented with green also

But it's not guaranteed ......Cleveland and San Antonio will have its say I'm sure

OKC had harden, durant and Westbrook and couldn't get it done .....probably Gsw is more talented with green also

But it's not guaranteed ......Cleveland and San Antonio will have its say I'm sure
How on earth do you stop all 3 of curry ,thompson and durant getting hot in any game. The worst part for the rest of the league, its not like either of them are streaky shooters, all 3 can get hot in a blink of an eye and are never out of the game.

Its going to fun to watch, but it will take something catatstrophic for them not to win the chip as the league stands now

How on earth do you stop all 3 of curry ,thompson and durant getting hot in any game. The worst part for the rest of the league, its not like either of them are streaky shooters, all 3 can get hot in a blink of an eye and are never out of the game.

Its going to fun to watch, but it will take something catatstrophic for them not to win the chip as the league stands now

Pressure

One injury and they are back to the field

We all thought swans would win the next three flags when they got buddy Franklin

They might also find thier depth behind the starting five is thin

They lost Festus Azeli and Livingston ...they are big losses in terms of team chemistry

Yes it looks great on paper and they should win it but no I wouldn't put my house on it ....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harden and Westbrook are two pretty boneheaded players though despite their ability, and Harden back then wasn't nearly the superstar that he is today.

I get your point though. I feel like chemistry will be pretty easy to build here though - no real selfish egos on the team.

Pressure

One injury and they are back to the field

We all thought swans would win the next three flags when they got buddy Franklin

They might also find thier depth behind the starting five is thin

They lost Festus Azeli and Livingston ...they are big losses in terms of team chemistry

Yes it looks great on paper and they should win it but no I wouldn't put my house on it ....
Agree that injuries can bring us back to the pack. And the team will need time to gel.

Though the second unit is currently Iguodala, Livingston and West with Barbosa likely and a big to come. Thin?

Agree that injuries can bring us back to the pack. And the team will need time to gel.

Though the second unit is currently Iguodala, Livingston and West with Barbosa likely and a big to come. Thin?

I though Livingston was traded ...my bad

I also think Boguts presence will be missed a lot

10f9a2c4106bd393957a4dbfeb3c6f5e.png

I hope Green spends the whole off-season practicing 3s. He's gonna get a lot of open looks this season.

For sure. He'll be taking less shots overall but the ones he does get will be higher quality looks. If he's knocking them down it's goodnight.

Nah - we'll be right! Speights may stick around. Plus we've still got a lot of young talent like Looney, Clarke, McAdoo, Jones & McCaw.

Rush has just been traded to Wolves - sad to see him go.

Varejao and his serial flopping and rubbish ball handling can GTFO.

Ezeli has to be gone due to cap space but i haven't heard anything on that front yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back