Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Slightly off topic but has NBA league pass reduced their package options this year or will they release them in a few weeks. If I recall correctly there was an option to buy all of a particular teams games for $169, NBA League pass for about $36 per month, NBA League pass premium for more and just the NBA TV option. At the moment it only looks like NBA League pass premium is available.

Practice game or otherwise that was a pretty impressive first half against the Clippers.

I'm not too sure that ego's will be too much of a problem, but it will be interesting to see how they gel together. I'd be more concerned about their rim protection/defensive structure without Ezeli/Bogut

Get use to it,down side to having the three best perimeter shooters in the game, got hammered on the rebounds. Everyone will go straight at the paint from this point on, getting rid of Bogut was a big mistake..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not much better in Game 2. Offense looks stagnant, but I think that will take care of itself. Also 3 point shooting will get better.

Defense on the other hand, I'm not convinced is going to magically get better. Looks terrible.

And just as importantly it looks like it's mid March in regards to energy and happiness level. Looks like they are already laboring.

Im not sure I like the rotations they're running at the moment

I get Kerr wants 2 of the stars on at the same time but at the moment it seems kind of all over the place?

And yeah of defense is worrying. I watched Zaza closely last game and his rim protection is awful

Im not sure I like the rotations they're running at the moment

I get Kerr wants 2 of the stars on at the same time but at the moment it seems kind of all over the place?

And yeah of defense is worrying. I watched Zaza closely last game and his rim protection is awful

agree the rotations are weird. 2 minutes rest? Strange.

Warriors 2016 = Collingwood 2011

- Reigning champions from last year, coming off an already impressive season
- Put together one of the greatest regular seasons of all time (73 wins, 20-2 and 168% respectively)
- Staged an improbable fightback to reach the grand final/finals series
- Proceeded to lose said final/series.
Only difference is that they lost not to San Antonio (the NBA's 2011 Cats), but to the Cleveland Cavaliers (=West Coast Eagles?)

I really hope they keep it up in 2016-17, and don't go the way Collingwood has since 2012. They've already tripped out of the gate with a blowout loss to the Cats, er, Spurs but I feel like they'll right themselves soon. They're still the Warriors after all.

Last edited:
Clark had a negative PER before the game. Now up to 15.5!

Much better movement offensively, but still a way to go.

Something that happened a lot last year, but not much this year is Curry/Green pick and roll. Also don't see that little 360 thing Steph and Klay use to do in the middle of the key before running out to the 3 point line around screens.

Warriors 2016 = Collingwood 2011

- Reigning champions from last year, coming off an already impressive season
- Put together one of the greatest regular seasons of all time (73 wins, 20-2 and 168% respectively)
- Staged an improbable fightback to reach the grand final/finals series
- Proceeded to lose said final/series.
Only difference is that they lost not to San Antonio (the NBA's 2011 Cats), but to the Cleveland Cavaliers (=West Coast Eagles?)

I really hope they keep it up in 2016-17, and don't go the way Collingwood has since 2012. They've already tripped out of the gate with a blowout loss to the Cats, er, Spurs but I feel like they'll right themselves soon. They're still the Warriors after all.
The difference being the warriors didn't sack their coach at the end of last season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back