• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo (sub)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You have got to be kidding me

He was actually on par if not worse than Himmelberg and that’s saying something

First quarter he fumbles without pressure when we had numbers and they rebound and goal

He has 4 frees against with undisciplined acts

He trails in behind multiple times and they rebound and get I50s when we could have scored or at leas they’d it in

He doesn’t present at kicker ( Himmelberg had 3-4 marks presenting at kicker )

He’s the exactl sort of player I’d hate to play with , makes everything harder for everyone else

He will be a delist and no other club will come for him … unless something drastically changes

I was happy with him last week and he had 7 possessions , shows where he’s at

To be up in arms with Himmelberg and not with Fog is wrong . Fog has more talent by a huge stretch and effectiveness on game was similar if not less
Fogarty actually looks like has has an idea of what the **** to do on the field, Berg has 0.

If we do delist him, I'd guarentee he gets picked up by another club.

It's hard to know what's still a true deficiency.

Do we have a second key defender long-term, with McAsey/Murray? Do we have two midfield pieces in Schoenberg and Pedlar? What about Soligo/Taylor/Berry? Is Gollant the third tall forward, because he has a lot of promise. Can Fogarty amount to anything? Can Jones return to the midfield, because his disposal shows a lot of talent.

I guess this year we find out a lot.

The game is won and lost in the midfield, yet we continue to ignore this draft after draft.

It’s fair to be more disappointed in fog but not to say he’s been worse. Sone of the frees against fog were a joke.

The last quarter had a great example the difference between the 2. Himmelberg sky bombs a kick to Fog when he’s wide open, couple minutes later Fog delivers a bullet pass to Berg but he drops it anyway.
Himmelberg was awful but took 2 I50 marks and got hit up on lead a few times at half forward

Fog barely got in position and then whacked guys while ball came in air giving frees up, 3 of the 4 frees were definitely there . One was 50/50

And given he’s supposed to be skilful he fumbled and gave up scoring chances as well as trailed in multiple times allowing easy rebound ( where they got I50 opportunity )

The problem is he’s not a lead up forward but he’s also no good in marking contests , he doesn’t hold his ground and gets knocked off the aerial contest easily

And outside of that he’s a liability when ball hits deck

He’s played 2 trials and 2 games and his best game by far was a 7 possession , 2 goal game

Himmelberg is one of the worst players in the comp and had 13 possessions

How did Luke Brown gain only 33 metres? Only Collingwood’s injury sub gained less.

He actually does, laced out a pass to Himmelberg from 50m out, off one step in the last quarter. Who then basically allowed the ball rebound off his head.
And how many times did our lead up forward lead up and take a mark ?

Compare that to Himmelberg ( I’m not saying ‘berg is any good he’s not , maybe the worst listed player in the comp )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He actually does, laced out a pass to Himmelberg from 50m out, off one step in the last quarter. Who then basically allowed the ball rebound off his head.

Good forwards who have an idea of what to do don’t generally trail their direct opponent to every contest and in the process give away 4 free kicks. But hey it was all the umps fault this week.

Good
  • Last year everyone outside the Crows said Dawson would immediately be our best player because our team was so bad (and therefore we should've given more). They were right. He is clearly our best player and the only player you can trust to kick it (it was sublime watching his kicks). Smithers and Scholl are also good kicks, but are prone to making the direct turnover on their kick every now and then.
  • Doedee stood out as one of our best on ground
  • Smithers was good (except for his turnover in the back 50)
  • Scholl was alright
  • Hinge was alright
  • Keays manages to get in the contest and get possessions, but his kicking is still atrocious. That nothing high kick in the forward 50 favoured no one.
  • Rachele was alright. That was a great goal in the first quarter. Played up the ground a lot and got involved due to the ball not getting forward.
  • Gollant and Cook showed good signs. I'd persist with them.

Bad
  • The team. The future. The game plan.
  • Crouch. I've never thought it was possible that someone who has high 20s possessions was less impactful than Crouch was today.
  • Fog. Atrocious game. Forward delivery was terrible, but he had a few opportunities. Gave away plenty of frees out of frustration.
  • McHenry. One of his absolute worst games in a while. Just did nothing.
  • Nick Murray. He has a few good moments each game, like a nice mark or a nice tackle, but it doesn't make up for the rest. He was horrible today.
  • Schoenberg. All this hype in the off season and he's proven us wrong so far. We know he's talented, but he's going backwards.
  • Himmelberg - never should've been playing.
  • ROB - his rucking is nothing to talk about. He can't kick for goal to save his life. Took one uncontested mark all day. Strachan is not that much better and ROB will never be dropped because he's part of leadership group and he gets a lot of taps (not sure if any are really to advantage).
  • Rowe can't kick a set shot
  • Pedlar playing deep forward. Why?
  • Starting the game with short kicking game plan. Why?
  • Not taking the game on when it was well over.

Ugly
  • Turnovers
  • Collingwood scores from free kicks (was 5 goals or more)
  • Crows tackling
  • Crows midfield is terrible
  • Crows forwardline
  • Umpiring. They said pre-season that umpires would be calling HTB when players took too long to dispose of it while tackled. Seems like they only played it against the Crows today.
  • Collingwood should've been double penalised with a delay of game for breaking 6-6-6 rule and taking too long to setup

Good forwards who have an idea of what to do don’t generally trail their direct opponent to every contest and in the process give away 4 free kicks. But hey it was all the umps fault this week.
The 4 free kicks were from trailing his opposition.

He did compete at ground level and did chase out of our forward line H couldn’t beat his shadow
That’s extremely lenient , he trailed in behind on multiple occassions ( when he wasn’t giving away free kicks ) and he allows easy exits

The fumble I50 in first quarter where we looked like scoring and then they did on rebound was one of our biggest momentum killers

Himmelberg was awful but took 2 I50 marks and got hit up on lead a few times at half forward

Fog barely got in position and then whacked guys while ball came in air giving frees up, 3 of the 4 frees were definitely there . One was 50/50

And given he’s supposed to be skilful he fumbled and gave up scoring chances as well as trailed in multiple times allowing easy rebound ( where they got I50 opportunity )

The problem is he’s not a lead up forward but he’s also no good in marking contests , he doesn’t hold his ground and gets knocked off the aerial contest easily

And outside of that he’s a liability when ball hits deck

He’s played 2 trials and 2 games and his best game by far was a 7 possession , 2 goal game

Himmelberg is one of the worst players in the comp and had 13 possessions

You said berg had 3-4 lead up marks, I remember at least 3 from Fog. Berg also played in the ruck giving him more opportunity to get the ball.

1 free was there.

Not sure what game you watched today but Fogarty chased a lot harder looked more dangerous at ground level than Berg. At least Fogarty can use the ball when gets it.

That’s extremely lenient , he trailed in behind on multiple occassions ( when he wasn’t giving away free kicks ) and he allows easy exits

The fumble I50 in first quarter where we looked like scoring and then they did on rebound was one of our biggest momentum killers
Me Fog over Himmelberg every time

He said berg had 3-4 lead up marks, I remember at least 3 from Fog. Berg also played in the ruck giving him more opportunity to get the ball.

1 free was there.

Not sure what game you watched today but Fogarty chased a lot harder looked more dangerous at ground level than Berg. At least Fogarty can use the ball when gets it.
Fogarty and Himmelberg were equally disastrous

Fog was chasing because he was playing from behind , trailing in then needing to chase his opponent out

Himmelberg might have had 2 possession in ruck . Most were forward . If he had Fog’s skill and talent he may have actually helped us because he got the ball enough

But in the end both were net negative

AFL Player ratings were too optimistic on Himmelbergs game and about right on Fogs

Back