Review Good bad ugly vs Port Adelaide R8 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

That shot by Boak at the end of the 1st 1/4. No one at the ground would have thought that missed except for an eagle-eyed goal umpire and snicko. So funny.

Last edited:
Lots of errors. Nicks has made many many errors - but he did admit when he made a ridiculous error.

My response was to the below.

Yes. And I can repeat the reasoning (that I know you disagree with) for the 250th time.

Young Player. Injured during preseason and misses a month of footy. Misses a trial match vs Port and gets limited time against West Coast due to fitness. Week leading to the game Nicks mentions concerns over his fitness. Its RD 1 and we are playing in the sapping conditions and have a 6 day break + travel before round 2. He took the long term conservative approach and managed the player. Think he listened to the fitness staff and made a logical decision.

Although - I am sure someone will bring up his amazing game against Melbourne a month later which shows how fit he was in rd 1.
You’re like Louie the fly buzzing around waiting to be able to bump posts.

So I should have said more than once. Shoot me Louie.

And if you think he wouldn’t have played Soligo knowing how valuable he is now you’re deluded. He would have played and if he didn’t cope he gets subbed. Soligo plays that game and we win.

Soligo had a decent game on the wing against Geelong, would have been better if he was playing in the middle but Nicks made another mistake there as well.

And if you think he wouldn’t have played Soligo knowing how valuable he is now you’re deluded. He would have played and if he didn’t cope he gets subbed. Soligo plays that game and we win.

Soligo had a decent game on the wing against Geelong, would have been better if he was playing in the middle but Nicks made another mistake there as well.

Van Berlo should be in the gun for those calls too. I know people say that it is Nicks call but he'd be relying on feedback from his line coaches.

You get bad feedback - Van Berlo with his multiple terrible calls and you get good feedback - Hombsch "Get ****ed, Himmelberg isn't a defenders a-hole, he can go back to the forward line thanks, I have my hands full defending all the unpressured kicks into 50 because of Van Berlos bullshit"

Its fascinating. You take random shots at me and then complain when I do the same.

I love the back and forth mate and happy to keep going. Just remember though - If ya dish it out - ya gotta take it.

And if you think he wouldn’t have played Soligo knowing how valuable he is you’re deluded. He would have played and if he didn’t cope he gets subbed. Soligo plays that game and we win.

Sorry mate - the bolded doesn't really make sense.

I can keep repeating it. When its round 1 and you have a young player with who has missed a month of footy due to an ankle injury I think thats a logical decision. Especially when the game is in grueling conditions and you only have a 6 day break. Not to mention its round 1. Especially when you have the best fitness guy in the world (supposedly).

Soligo just continued to get better over a 3 week period. Its almost like his match fitness returned after an injury.

Van Berlo should be in the gun for those calls too. I know people say that it is Nicks call but he'd be relying on feedback from his line coaches.

You get bad feedback - Van Berlo with his multiple terrible calls and you get good feedback - Hombsch "Get ****ed, Himmelberg isn't a defenders a-hole, he can go back to the forward line thanks, I have my hands full defending all the unpressured kicks into 50 because of Van Berlos bullshit"

Whats your link to Hombsch? Your posting history suggests you either know him or are a super fan.

What is with people praising Ken's presser, and taking the blame for the decision to play Rozee?

'Oh, Ken is so brave, he's taking responsibility.'

Every man and his dog knew that Rozee shouldn't play. Everyone knew he'd be a liability and have a risk of injuring his hamstring further.

'I saw him running and kicking the ball far!'

Ah yes, that should be enough to allow him to play despite a 'nick' in the hamstring, and a high pressure night Showdown match in cool weather after a six day break.

It's not brave. It is trying to get ahead of criticism.

If anything, the decision to play him was negligent, and saying he 'owns the decision' after the match should not let him off the hook.
It is brave to own your mistakes as you don’t know the consequences of the admission. Nicks is a coward and never will own it .

Owning your mistakes doesn’t have anything to do with being let off the hook though. You can admit a mistake and still get punished ( it’s definitely a mark against Hinkley ) . It shows your players that you are prepared to walk the talk. Nicks is a hypocrite

3 goals in 5 games against 4 goals in 16 games, 4 in 11 and 3 in 19 over the past 3 years. So 1 goal per 4 games has now improved to 1 in 2 (over a small sample)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

1 goal every 2 games does not mean he hits the scoreboard or impacts the scoreboard.

It just means that he is slightly less s**t than he used to be. Going from averaging 5.5 goals in a season to averaging 11 goals in a season is still not a good result (despite the 100% increase).

Its fascinating. You take random shots at me and then complain when I do the same.

I love the back and forth mate and happy to keep going. Just remember though - If ya dish it out - ya gotta take it.

Sorry mate - the bolded doesn't really make sense.

I can keep repeating it. When its round 1 and you have a young player with who has missed a month of footy due to an ankle injury I think thats a logical decision. Especially when the game is in grueling conditions and you only have a 6 day break. Not to mention its round 1. Especially when you have the best fitness guy in the world (supposedly).

Soligo just continued to get better over a 3 week period. Its almost like his match fitness returned after an injury.
Mate you go searching for old posts and it’s just not with me, it’s a tad weird.

In this case, so I exaggerated a little by saying never, he’s done it once. It’s hardly some gotcha post like you’re making it out to be.

As for taking random shots, that’s hardly a regular occurrence.

We will have to agree to disagree, but you may be right as Nicks is an idiot and Soligos form improved as he was moved to the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you go searching for old posts and it’s just not with me, it’s a tad weird.

There is a pretty easy to use search function. For someone who routinely calls out other posters - I thought you would celebrate it not call it weird.

In this case, so I exaggerated a little by saying never, he’s done it once. It’s hardly some gotcha post like you’re making it out to be.

Love it! Now thats closer to you admitting you were wrong than creating a fake source! Well done.

As for taking random shots, that’s hardly a regular occurrence.

I am here for it. Give em, but dont bitch when others do it.

We will have to agree to disagree, but you may be right as Nicks is an idiot and Soligos form improved as he was moved to the midfield.

Agree to disagree. Happy with this. Although I have a feeling you will bring it up again and we will have this same discussion (you have brought it up about 5 separate times in different threads).

Maybe Soligo had been injured for several weeks and they didn’t think he could run out a full game so they played him as sub.

Maybe Soligo had been injured for several weeks and they didn’t think he could run out a full game so they played him as sub.
He ran out a full game 6 days later just fine.

If you’re concerned with one of your top 5 players running out the game, you start him and sub him if he doesn’t last and if we copped an injury in the first 5 mins he would have played a full game.

Facts are they didn’t seem him as a top 5 player at the time or a centre mid let alone our best one.

Yeah once in a list of how many errors? How about this year with his changed game plan and vanilla midfield mix, instead it was the players.

And whilst we are discussing errors, if Soligo had finished the season in the form he’s showing now in the middle, do you think he would have been sub rd 1?
Oh George .....try & do some research B4 you sprout off .....I swear, you just run off with any thought that runs down the Club

Soligo had a late PS injury, which impacted his running

Oh George .....try & do some research B4 you sprout off .....I swear, you just run off with any thought that runs down the Club

Soligo had a late PS injury, which impacted his running
Oh Wayne…..I knew that, he was back running Feb 14, a month before our first game.

And Wayne, what if we copped an injury in the first 5 minutes? He was either fit to play or he wasn’t.

Oh Wayne…..I knew that, he was back running Feb 14, a month before our first game.

And Wayne, what if we copped an injury in the first 5 minutes? He was either fit to play or he wasn’t.
I think Nicks premeditates the sub role and can’t read a game, certainly was his thinking against Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back