Good on ya Nat!

Remove this Banner Ad

He's actually a smart commentator, but he get buried because his voice doesn't command airtime like obnoxious BT.

Knowledgeable commentators are slowly getting the airtime. Hopefully in a few years we have the likes of Bennett and Lloyd taking over from the current crop

Edit* still think he was a shitcampaigner of a player who loved to dish out hits, but went to water when it was returned
My enduring memory of him as a player was a game where he was punching players off the ball, he hit Campbell Brown, so Brown ragdolled him. Gave up a free, but Lloyd wasn't seen for the rest of the game e

Hated him as a player when I was growing up (helped by that putrid jumper) as he was very dirty yet seemed Teflon coated by the media and tribunal, but my opinion on himself a commentator is a complete 180. Very insightful.

* Barret rude and turns his back on Nat...

"Lloydy, Llloydy, you agree with me, right? Right, Lloydy?"

Matty Lloyd throughout the video:

No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

The days of Nat boundary riding for 3WBC at Box Hill City Oval. Well that as a while ago now!

Nat works hard, she’s smart and not afraid to offer constructive criticism and ask the hard questions when deserved.
Great stuff, Nat!

He was also incredibly patronising towards her. She shouldn’t have to remind him she’s a professional journalist, a description only the most generous minded would use for him.

but the card he got in his wheet bix was quite complementary, when it told him he was a journalist… I believe it said “Best Reporter ever Champ”

That seems to have been his defence for the last month. That people don't understand what he meant by "form of tanking".

He meant the club, specifically through the direction of Sam Mitchell and Sleepy Mark, cut back the list to the point where they thought it would be impossible for the remaining players to win games and as a result we'd get a high draft pick despite trying to win each week.

Except he's ignoring the fact that our midfield has vastly improved in the absence of O'Meara and Mitchell. Gunston hasn't performed well at Brisbane. And the loss of experience of Shiels and Howe has not impacted us, nor helped North Melbourne do better than us with them on their list.

He's wrong any way he wants to spin it. He's just too gutless to own it.

And the most hypocritical part is that he's been advocating for West Coast to essentially go do what we've done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The irony is that there's no shame in holding your hands up and admitting that you got a call wrong. It's inevitable; as a pundit, you're not going to get every prediction right - and he wasn't the only pundit to suggest it.

But he is now the only one doubling down - and he can't see that he's looking increasingly foolish by doing so.

To call her out on air as a Hawks member is just such poor form as his only way of trying to credit his opinion and discredit hers. That breaks the code of journos. We know they all support someone but it doesn't get discussed. What a *******. That is just not on.

To call her out on air as a Hawks member is just such poor form as his only way of trying to credit his opinion and discredit hers. That breaks the code of journos. We know they all support someone but it doesn't get discussed. What a *******. That is just not on.

You could tell she’d gotten right under his skin when he ran with that. Even she was in disbelief hahaha

I don't have to watch his crap to understand what the very tiny purple grub is up to. It's in his little beady rat like eyes that display his disingenuous nature.
He is to be ignored and avoided.

The irony is that there's no shame in holding your hands up and admitting that you got a call wrong. It's inevitable; as a pundit, you're not going to get every prediction right - and he wasn't the only pundit to suggest it.

But he is now the only one doubling down - and he can't see that he's looking increasingly foolish by doing so.

The thing is Barrett is presenting himself as the top journalist in the industry, which would only be enhanced if he was able to admit when he got something wrong and do an analytical deep dive into the reasons.

It's not like Kane Cornes, who despite possessing a good football mind, actively plays the heel role as his schtick. If Barrett wants to be the AFL's top journalist he needs to be capable of acting objectively, which doesn't mean "backpedalling"; it means having the ability to identify trends and analyse why they change over time, what factors influence this, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back