GoSaints12’s Phantom Draft Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Some interesting selections there. You didn't go for any of the Port NGS/FS options (indeed didn't match Taj Schofield) or think about stealing any of the Crows options?
I really like Schofield but getting bid on at 23 felt a bit rough and was just out of my range that I would have matched in (Pick 30 onward would have been a good area to match). Lachlan Jones is one I'm a fan of, but I wasn't interested in drafting a general defender, and if I was going to, Jones was a bit down the pecking order.

If Callow wasn't on the board at 15 I probably would have bid on Edwards, don't know quite enough about Borlase to consider a bid

I had one guy I was really considering at 48, it was very borderline between him and Jenkins. Still lots of talent on the board.

Adelaide - Mego Red
Brisbane - briztoon
Carlton - LemmingMaster / Coona Blues
Collingwood - Pie 4 Life
Essendon - eDPS
Fremantle - eastfreo75
Geelong - andleanback
GC - fightingfury_88
GWS - PMBangers
Hawthorn - Davo-27
Melbourne - bone2468
North - dollarscost
Port - Bastyy
Richmond - TheSmythe
St Kilda - Gosaints12
Sydney - Membling
WCE - getgaff
WB - weltschmerz
Fan - RedmanWasHere

Round 1:
1. Gold Coast - Will Phillips
2 North Melbourne - Elijah Holland
3 (WB) - Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
4. Carlton - Riley Thilthorpe
5. Sydney - Reef McInnes
6. (SYD) - Braeden Campbell
7. St Kilda - Zane Trew
8. North Melbourne - Denver Grangier-Barras
9. Adelaide - Kaine Baldwin
10 Fremantle, (Liam Henry) - Nathan O’Driscoll
11 Brisbane Lions - Archie Perkins
12 Hawthorn - Tanner Bruhn
13 Geelong - Oliver Henry
14 Essendon - Logan McDonald
15 Port - Jackson Callow
16 Geelong - Finlay McCrae
17 Hawthorn - Eddie Ford
18 Collingwood - Nik Cox
19 (ADEL) - Luke Edwards
20. Geelong - Sam Berry
21 Richmond - Oliver Davis

Round 2:
22 Gold Coast - Zach Reid
23 Fremantle - Taj Schofield
24 Carlton - Jack Ginnivan
25 Adelaide - Wil Parker
26 Richmond - Heath Chapman
27 Brisbane - Harry Sharp
28 Adelaide - Zac Dumesny
29 Melbourne - Logan Foley
30 North Melbourne - Sam Collins
31 West Coast - Cole Gerloff
32 (Freo) - Brandon Walker
33 Gold Coast - Erroll Gulden
34. Port Adelaide - Chad Pearson
35 (Bris) - Blake Coleman
36 Adelaide - Corey Durdin
37. (Haw) - Connor Downie
38 Collingwood - Carter Micheal

Round 3:
39 Essendon - Zavier Maher
40 (Freo) - Joel Western
41 Melbourne - Pass
42 Carlton - Henry Walsh
43 Port Adelaide - Bailey Chamberlain
44 Collingwood - Charlie Lazzaro
45 Port Adelaide - Isiah Winder
46 Hawthorn - Jack Carrol
47 Hawthorn - Bailey Laurie
48 Western Bulldogs - Lochlan Jenkins
49 West Coast - Dyson Hilder
50 Greater Western Sydney, (Tom Green) - Connor Stone
51 Geelong - Liam McMahon
52 West Coast - Josh Green
53. (ESS) - Cody Brand, (still gotta take of points)
54. Greater Western Sydney - Charlie Byrne
55. Richmond - Angus Baker

Round 4:
56 Geelong
57 North Melbourne
58. St Kilda
59 Collingwood
60 North Melbourne
61. Essendon
62. Hawthorn
63 Adelaide
64 Western Bulldogs
65 Hawthorn
66 Hawthorn
67 Essendon
68 Sydney
69 Gold Coast
70 Greater Western Sydney
71 Essendon
72 Richmond

Draft starts 8am tomorrow. Live trading starts at 4pm today. Victorian time. Only until the end of the fourth round as previously discussed. Thank you all for participating and best of luck.

Live trade;
1. Dogs have traded pick 13 to Port for Picks 25 and 28.
2. Sydney have traded pick 32 to Adelaide for picks 31 and 42.
3. St Kilda trade pick 59 to WB for future 4th
4. Hawthorn have traded a future 1st and pick 27 to Brisbane for pick 17 and pick 39.
5. Adelaide trade pick 50 and 55 to Geelong for pick 36.

2021 Picks to change hands;
Hawthorn 1st - Brisbane
Western Bulldogs 4th - St Kilda

And that’s round 3. Well done everyone. One to go.

You think h'll play back flank in the AFL?
Kicked 29 goals from 13 games in NTFL this year.

Would love him on the Suns. He and Lukosius seem like they could be swing players to some degree.
Jeffrey has played both forward and back in the past and could conceivably play in either role, but it's the backline where I see most scope for him at AFL level. His size, run and marking ability should make him a prime candidate for an intercept and rebound role and he's definitely no slouch once the ball hits the deck. I'm excited about what he can bring to the table.

Why do you think Collingwood not match the Pick for Reef McGinnis used by Swans?

Suppose each person has how they rate him.

The way I view it, the drafter did not rate Mcinnes as a talent in which to burn first, second and possibly third picks. Also, is a phantom and is more fun if have more picks in 20s to play with IMO.

With Mcinnes, a fair chunk of my rating is on potential which may scare off a few people. His performances to dat say top 15 to me, maybe around pick 10ish. I viewed this as the year he would be able to show his midfield wares. Has a very Bont/Fyfe feel to their junior days being used across the park.

Collingwood would likely match most bids as lomg as not a huge impact on 2021

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suppose each person has how they rate him.

The way I view it, the drafter did not rate Mcinnes as a talent in which to burn first, second and possibly third picks. Also, is a phantom and is more fun if have more picks in 20s to play with IMO.

With Mcinnes, a fair chunk of my rating is on potential which may scare off a few people. His performances to dat say top 15 to me, maybe around pick 10ish. I viewed this as the year he would be able to show his midfield wares. Has a very Bont/Fyfe feel to their junior days being used across the park.

Collingwood would likely match most bids as lomg as not a huge impact on 2021

Well with Lot of Players coming out of Contract and Moore and De Goey wanting a Good Size Contract I can see us trading some Players for Picks which would mean we have more Currency for both 2020 and 2021 Drafts.

Yeah I be shocked IF we pass on McGinnis unless price is really stupid but I doubt that

Well with Lot of Players coming out of Contract and Moore and De Goey wanting a Good Size Contract I can see us trading some Players for Picks which would mean we have more Currency for both 2020 and 2021 Drafts.

Yeah I be shocked IF we pass on McGinnis unless price is really stupid but I doubt that

Well pick 6 would take first and second picks. So not a stretch to say pick 3/4 would be doable. Unlikely to get a bid there however

I'm really hoping Jamarra does a Nick Blakey/Tom Green and slides. There are a few other high quality key forwards which might work in our favour. We'd probably match any bid on him though, and I suspect we'll be trading a player or two for picks.

I'm really hoping Jamarra does a Nick Blakey/Tom Green and slides. There are a few other high quality key forwards which might work in our favour. We'd probably match any bid on him though, and I suspect we'll be trading a player or two for picks.

It really is interesting with bids.

From memory Mills has been highest at 3 by Melb.

Cannot see JUH falling out of the top 5 though

Well pick 6 would take first and second picks. So not a stretch to say pick 3/4 would be doable. Unlikely to get a bid there however

Well the Draft be very Different then it ever has so not sure what might happen

Quite a few of these Father/Son Academies players since the Bidding System on Draft Night started have gone lower then they Probably should.

Is that because don't put time into these Players OR because they think they do the right thing for the Club with that Prospect so they do the Same to them when Situation is Reversed?

Heeney at 2, but matched with 18 under the old system.

Do not really count system as was more of shennigans than anything with matching system. Same with FS prior to points matching.

Well the Draft be very Different then it ever has so not sure what might happen

Yeah, going to be hard. There will be some bigger than normal "steals" and "busts" this year if no footy is played

Yeah, going to be hard. There will be some bigger than normal "steals" and "busts" this year if no footy is played

That is very true with the Little Teams will see this year and even none at all.

With the look of lists Dropping you have lot more Mature Age Players in the Draft Pool too. Not Sure what Effect they will have

Do not really count system as was more of shennigans than anything with matching system. Same with FS prior to points matching.

If last year’s draft had been done without a top age season, Emerson Jeka would have been top 10 and Kozzie Pickett might not have been drafted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back