Rumour Grand Final entertainment 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Since when has the money a band makes an indicator of music quality? I'd much rather see Paul Kelly than Kiss who would probably be Meatloaf MkII.

Since common sense was applied?

If I wanted to go see Paul Kelly id pay the 20 bucks to go watch him at the local pub. He probably comes twice a year. If I wanted to go see Kiss play im probably not going to be able too. Its too pricey and quite a rare event, hence its greater value

Supply and demand exists in a few ways you will find :)

Not about that entirely. This is about Gil trying to save a buck at the expense of the fans so he can earn a bigger bonus at years end. You are kidding if you think its for any other reason
I was reacting to all the musical big-noting going on between members in this thread. Who are you to tell me I need to make it about Gil or his bonus? Jeez, not feeling important in your life?

Since common sense was applied?

If I wanted to go see Paul Kelly id pay the 20 bucks to go watch him at the local pub. He probably comes twice a year. If I wanted to go see Kiss play im probably not going to be able too. Its too pricey and quite a rare event, hence its greater value

Supply and demand exists in a few ways you will find :)

Kiss would put on a better visual show with the costumes, fireworks etc but I can't see them going to all that trouble for a short set at an AFL GF.

It's not like they need the money either if they have already made $200m from touring this year and they don't need to promote themselves.

I must be the only one who really enjoyed the Ed Sheeran / Tom Jones combo in 2014, never see it mentioned in the best of lists.
Are people really complaining that the entertainment is always old has-beens, then suggesting KISS would be good?

'Member when Kath & Kim did it? Those were the days.

And Paul Kelly did 2012? That's pretty recent for a repeat. I was at that GF too, but have no memory of him playing. Probably reasons....

Kiss has earned 200 million this year from touring. I dont think Paul Kelly would have earned 200 dollars from touring this year :D

I think its clear as day who people prefer to see
Kiss is a gimmick band, not about music.
Have not released any new material in years.

Paul Kelly , real music and has released an album a year for the last five years. Still a musician!!!
What has Kiss in common with an Australian footy crowd?? Nothing, zip, zero!!

Paul Kelly writes about Australia , Australians and caters to a large demographic of the population.
Not just some aging pop fan caught up in the seventies. They were corny back then and don’t now how you expect a non fan base crowd at an Australian sports event to appreciate them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just realised who these flogs are.
Even my young kids think it's a steaming pile of s**t of a song.

Apparently Gil's kids likes them so that's enough reason to give them a gig, like Vlad hiring Meatloaf because he was a fan of his back in the 70s.

That Dance Monkey song is bad even by today's s**t music standards, it sounds like an offcut from one of The Wiggles albums, one they rejected.

Apparently Gil's kids likes them so that's enough reason to give them a gig, like Vlad hiring Meatloaf because he was a fan of his back in the 70s.

That Dance Monkey song is bad even by today's s**t music standards, it sounds like an offcut from one of The Wiggles albums, one they rejected.
Each to their own, but Dance Monkey is a cut above every other hit single released in the last couple months. It deserves those weeks at #1. 2019 has been a poor year for chart music, so it stands out.

She has been breaking longstanding local records, and might get a lot of viewers, so it is a sensible business decision imo.

Each to their own, but Dance Monkey is a cut above every other hit single released in the last couple months. It deserves those weeks at #1. 2019 has been a poor year for chart music, so it stands out.

She has been breaking longstanding local records, and might get a lot of viewers, so it is a sensible business decision imo.

Not sure Dance Monkey is a sensible choice of song though when the AFL are trying to stamp out racism.

Lucky Eddie Betts and Adam Goodes aren't playing in this GF.

Meatloaf is way better than this tones and I person. Seriously AFL, what an embarrassment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back