Game Day Grand Final Thread GWS Vs Tigers MCG 2.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Average decade for the AFL in a national competition where 8 of the ten flags have been won by Vic teams. MCG tenants have won 6 of them.

Hard to win a premiership but Melbourne teams have the odds in their favour.
While the voting power to control the league stands with the vic clubs..... it will never change.

Richmond were the better team by a mile..... it did make a difference to the result.

It still matters, as the integrity of the game continues to die...

Lets be frank, between the last minute of the 1st quarter and the end of the second quarter the umpiring cost them about 5 goals at minimum......
Its not just the number of frees paid, it's also when they're paid. In the first quarter there were numerous frees against Richmond, many of them holding the man, that were ignored.

Ah fair enough.
Same applies here though, people complaining about umpiring when Adelaide 2017, Swans 2014, GWS 2019 just got completely murdered by better teams

Richmond were the better team by a mile..... it did make a difference to the result.

It still matters, as the integrity of the game continues to die...

Lets be frank, between the last minute of the 1st quarter and the end of the second quarter the umpiring cost them about 5 goals at minimum......
5+ goals and a mountain of confidence.

Sam applies here though, people complaining about umpiring when Adelaide 2017, Swans 2014, GWS 2019 just got completely murdered by better teams
I'd argue umpiring only effected one of those games. Which is the 2019 one. Adelaide in 17 didn't fire a shot and got completely out played. Same with 2014.

Tigers were the best team and deserved the win but it feels like interstate teams are just their to make up the numbers and are a long shot to win.

interstate have to be better than a good vic side to win imo

but the whinging about academies is more annoying, becuase the grand final location is way more of an advantage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interstate have to be better than a good vic side to win imo

but the whinging about academies is more annoying, becuase the grand final location is way more of an advantage
Pretty sure Richmond didn't leave the MCG for like the past 7 or so weeks?

I'd argue umpiring only effected one of those games. Which is the 2019 one. Adelaide in 17 didn't fire a shot and got completely out played. Same with 2014.
We had a few rough decision early in the 2014 GF. That wasn't the cause over half the team to quit on the biggest stage in September.
The hawks just smashed us that day... both physically and mentally. Its the only game, I have walked from before the final siren. Very bad day...

I thought Shaw was really good today. Tried his heart out.

We had a few rough decision early in the 2014 GF. That wasn't the cause over half the team to quit on the biggest stage in September.
The hawks just smashed us that day... both physically and mentally. Its the only game, I have walked from before the final siren. Very bad day...
I don't even remember umpiring that day. I just remember only like 3 players turning up

I would have like to have left early but was catching up with some Hawks supporters after the game. Drowned my sorrows that night in Swan St.

Who took the handcuffs offPickett? Bloody filthy crook.

I would have like to have left early but was catching up with some Hawks supporters after the game. Drowned my sorrows that night in Swan St.
I left early.... in the hope to avoid hawks supporters..... and drown my sorrows.

Unfortunately, my father in law and a lot of mates have my mobile number. The txts rolled in like a tsunami.

Having said that.... I deserved every one of them haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back