Preview Grand Final Sydney v Geelong MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll get the sick feeling when Hawkins gets his first mark after clearly shoving Tommy Mac in the bac
No.3 is key. They've jumped us a few times recently, but we've adjusted. They need to put us away early.

No.3 is key. They've jumped us a few times recently, but we've adjusted. They need to put us away early.
Cats have a lot of big bodied players, and i am expecting them to try and rough us up in the firsr qtr!

I'm expecting one of those paraglide drops, do a somersault while pulling off the chute, run and gather a loose ball at the 50, stroll to 20 out, and slam it into the outer post.

parachute GIF
Anyone remember the parachutist into the SCG in 2016? Did he recover?

This makes me nervous. I have a feeling the coaches have a picture of how they want McLean to play, up forward and the ruck. I have 0 confidence that he can pull it off.

Be confident and get a few pints down it’s always better after a few trust me

It even beat Omega Shenron thats enough for me
Goku summons a spirit bomb to defeat Frieza. The spirit bomb draws upon energy from all living things. It takes a long time to create so Krillin, Gohan and Piccolo have to occupy Frieza while Goku does his thing

Spoiler: it doesn't work..... Goku ends up having to become Super Saiyan to defeat Frieza

This makes me nervous. I have a feeling the coaches have a picture of how they want McLean to play, up forward and the ruck. I have 0 confidence that he can pull it off.
Think how euphoric it will be when he does then!
Something to look forward to.
I wonder if his 3 goals will win him the Norm Smith.....

McLean's in as a forward and basically a big body to try and halve ruck contests so Hickey can have a breather. I'd imagine we rate the Cats rucks even less than the Pies. Hickey did well against Gawn/Jackson, he'll know he'll be expected to ruck more than usual and shouldn't be daunted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans by 4 goals, have beaten all the top 8 sides with the exception of the Lions and beat Melbourne and Collingwood twice (the 3 and 4th best teams). We play the MCG well, we play Geelong very well and have had the same prep as Geelong.

Sydney's losses this year have been against lower teams so Geelong's 2 game better winning is immaterial.

Geelong are an older more experienced side, but the Swan's youth have for the most part this year have ran out the competition in the final quarters after elite first half pressure.

My only concern given 2014 and 2016 to some extent is that the team is switched on for the game, but our best will beat Geelong's best.

I am sad for McDonald but given Reid's potential to fail during the match Mclean's selection is the right call.

Completely different players and circumstances I know, but the whole McLean situation has a bit of a Mitch Morton unlikely hero feel about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back