Preview The Curious Case of the Two Grand Finalists Geelong v Sydney at GHMBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we would use Francis as a spare in defence to support the other defenders, if they are having trouble with Cameron/Hawkins. He could start at centre half forward, then float back when required.

Because I am not sure if he is primarily a lockdown defender. That might also give him more freedom to intercept and be an outlet bringing the ball from defence. It might be feasible if Geelong also play a spare in defence.

And for it to happen twice!! There didn’t seem to be a plan to counter what Hawkins has been doing for the last few years. Strangely, I have faith in Ladhams to be a lot stronger in the contest, than Hickey was.
Yes, Hickey was playing on oil fumes that day.
Ladhams has the opportunity for a little redemption. Let’s hope he takes it.

WOW Great observation your highness

I thought about whinging about everyone else's posts but someone else had that job😂

so i'll stick to observations

With no Buddy , Paps says hello
Mills is more important than Fox, in fact there is probably at least 6 others who fill that description…it was a ridiculous statement.

Used to hate Stevic but he’s been one of the best ones in the last few years. Better than Niccolls at least that bald bloke just finds ways to screw us
I’m nort entirely convinced saying Stevis is better than Nicholls is a rap, it’s like saying Saddam was better than Bin Laden…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's a big game for both Stephens & McInerney.

If we get our reinforcements back in defence next week, allowing Mills back into the mids, then there's gonna need to be a shuffling of the midfield/wing mix a little, and someone might need to make way. I'm not totally convinced there's as much difference between Roberts & the two wingmen as one might think, so they really need to deliver this week IMO.

I Guess we'll try and park the bus causing 5 short people on 1 Hawkins and Cameron Match ups then use our run out of the backline to slingshot an old and slow Geelong team. I honestly don't know what to expect from this game but at least we play this stadium well.

We have decided to include Harry once again. His form has been woeful. Past it unfortunately. Been a great player for us but Gawn, Gawn, Gawn lol. We seem to have gone for a totally midget backline. This is a mistake against this mob. they have multiple players who can play forward and most of them will not only test a small backline they will annihilate it.

Hawkins, Cameron, Henry, Blicavs (They move him forward to catch smaller defences out or just let him drift down). That won't stretch us, it will murder us. We just don't have body size, height and or weight to beat this lot. The only one who is actually playable is Cameron and Fox should get that job. He has the aerobic ability to go with him.

But who goes with Hawkins. There is no way Blakey, Lloyd, Ollie, Millsie etc can play on him. Blakey is tall enough but Hawkins will just push him out of the way. The only players in the extended line up able to play on blokes his size are Gould and Francis, Gould is sub and Francis is FF.

Blakey could easily take Henry.

but then there is Blicavs when Scott decides he will be a good player to totally destroy our small backline. That WILL happen, not might.

We will have to win a lot of ball out of stoppages and clearances if we are to even get close.

Francis is an interesting one up forward. Kicked 3 in the VFL last week when most of the forwards that are getting elevated are kicking 5 or 6 like Cadman & Co. He does give us the ability to send him back to take Hawkins though.

With our outs is our forward line capable of kicking a big score? Will, Heens, Paps & Logan will come close. But I feel Corey warner gave us extra speed last week and now he is not playing. Cunningham is not just lucky to hold his place, he must have a Rabbit's foot on his person. he has stats of 9,9,3,9. not impacting the game at all. If you think he might be playing a role then think again. Port, Dees, even Tigers (He played as a defensive forward on Rioli) ran off him. Too slow now to pick them up and tackling is terrible. I would have preferred Warner with Clarke coming back.

We're picking a team to beat Geelong not to blood Gould

Simply more important things at stake
well Dan, if that's the case we have picked the wrong team. This team could not beat Cats if they started yesterday. Their forward line will destroy us. Too big, too strong, too experienced. to beat this mob we need all our best backs in the team. The experience of Rampe, the height and ability of both McCartins. This backline is just far too height challenged and weight challenged. Hawkins will just push them out of the way. If he doesn't kick 10 he will never have a better opportunity.

If we even allow them 50/50 in the clearances and stoppages we will get destroyed. We have to win 70% of ball in the mids and deliver it on a platter forward. If we don't do that and simply bomb forward then the ball will come back out quicker than Peking Duck Diarrhea. Stewart & Co will destroy our forward line if we just bomb. We need precision.

I am VERY worried about our backline. I don't care what you say, even Gould on Hawkins would be better than Blakey, who will be pushed out of the way, Fox, same as Blakey, Mills, marked over top of. Who else would take Hawkins? I know Cats are not playing great footy but this weekend playing a very injured Swans might just kickstart their season. Sad so many of our defenders have gone down all at once.

If we even allow them 50/50 in the clearances and stoppages we will get destroyed. We have to win 705 of ball in the mids and deliver it on a platter forward. If we don't do that and simply bomb forward then the ball will come back out quicker than Peking Duck Diarrhea. Stewart & Co will destroy our forward line if we just bomb. We need precision.
Boy

Oh boy

Wowee

He’s got potential but he looked gone halfway through last week. Now he can go back and work on the things he needs to.
I would have kept him in. Harry was gone before the game. Harry has had 9,9,3,9 and his opponents have had plenty. Rioli, Rivers, Houston got plenty

I think it's a big game for both Stephens & McInerney.

If we get our reinforcements back in defence next week, allowing Mills back into the mids, then there's gonna need to be a shuffling of the midfield/wing mix a little, and someone might need to make way. I'm not totally convinced there's as much difference between Roberts & the two wingmen as one might think, so they really need to deliver this week IMO.
More McInerney

Gould as sub makes most sense….I think it is the right
Who pray tell is going to take Hawkins? Nobody in that line up can take Hawkins. Not one of them is tall enough or strong enough. with the current line up, Hawkins kicks 10. Cameron on the other hand, as good as he is, can be taken by Fox or Mills or Blakey. All have big tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back