Preview The Curious Case of the Two Grand Finalists Geelong v Sydney at GHMBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have never lived in an Asian country? I live in Laos and if they do not wash the meat if will give you the runs for weeks lol
Fair Dinkum,, who the hell is ordering Peking Duck in Laos

Who pray tell is going to take Hawkins? Nobody in that line up can take Hawkins. Not one of them is tall enough or strong enough. with the current line up, Hawkins kicks 10. Cameron on the other hand, as good as he is, can be taken by Fox or Mills or Blakey. All have big tanks.
Looks like Ladhams will rest back this week

well Dan, if that's the case we have picked the wrong team. This team could not beat Cats if they started yesterday. Their forward line will destroy us. Too big, too strong, too experienced. to beat this mob we need all our best backs in the team. The experience of Rampe, the height and ability of both McCartins. This backline is just far too height challenged and weight challenged. Hawkins will just push them out of the way. If he doesn't kick 10 he will never have a better opportunity.

If we even allow them 50/50 in the clearances and stoppages we will get destroyed. We have to win 70% of ball in the mids and deliver it on a platter forward. If we don't do that and simply bomb forward then the ball will come back out quicker than Peking Duck Diarrhea. Stewart & Co will destroy our forward line if we just bomb. We need precision.

I am VERY worried about our backline. I don't care what you say, even Gould on Hawkins would be better than Blakey, who will be pushed out of the way, Fox, same as Blakey, Mills, marked over top of. Who else would take Hawkins? I know Cats are not playing great footy but this weekend playing a very injured Swans might just kickstart their season. Sad so many of our defenders have gone down all at once.

I was worried with our Backline against Richmond but i get your point just have to keep attacking and hopefully have a functioning forward line to put 100 on the board.

Cameron will kick a bag there is not much we can do but gotta limit the rest Stengle would of been extremely dangerous if he was playing.

Again on paper it looks ugly but i thought we would get hammered by Richmond as well so who knows.

Going forward having both McCartins is our cornerstone of defence i feel is to violatile and risky

Neither are capable of taking Hawkins. He is far too strong for them both. He will just push them out of the way and kick goals.
Lizard won’t go body though, might be a different matchup, try to beat him with a bit of speed and guile, team Defence will be the catch cry.

I think it's a big game for both Stephens & McInerney.

If we get our reinforcements back in defence next week, allowing Mills back into the mids, then there's gonna need to be a shuffling of the midfield/wing mix a little, and someone might need to make way. I'm not totally convinced there's as much difference between Roberts & the two wingmen as one might think, so they really need to deliver this week IMO.
Macca and Stephens have speed which is imperative. Roberts is more an inside mid. but if their form is not great then who replaces them? Corey Warner? Victory? Hall-Khan?

I was worried with our Backline against Richmond but i get your point just have to keep attacking and hopefully have a functioning forward line to put 100 on the board.

Cameron will kick a bag there is not much we can do but gotta limit the rest Stengle would of been extremely dangerous if he was playing.

Again on paper it looks ugly but i thought we would get hammered by Richmond as well so who knows.

Going forward having both McCartins is our cornerstone of defence i feel is to violatile and risky

this is different. Richmond lost Lynch. so their forward line was not as big as I thought they might make it. They had the chance to sling Balta back after Amartey got injured but didn't. That puzzled me. So, other than Jack and young Ryan their forward line was pretty small.

Lizard won’t go body though, might be a different matchup, try to beat him with a bit of speed and guile, team Defence will be the catch cry.
If they start putting the ball on Hawkins head we will be in deep mire. That would force Blakey to body up. He would not have a choice as to jump over the top of him would not work as they will just block.

this is different. Richmond lost Lynch. so their forward line was not as big as I thought they might make it. They had the chance to sling Balta back after Amartey got injured but didn't. That puzzled me. So, other than Jack and young Ryan their forward line was pretty small.

Jack kicked what 4 or 5? but yer our attack is either gonna win us the game or lose it.

We really have to be efficient this week

Macca and Stephens have speed which is imperative. Roberts is more an inside mid. but if their form is not great then who replaces them? Corey Warner? Victory? Hall-Khan?
Roberts played wing all game against the Tigers, and the coaches have mentioned he can play there a few times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack kicked what 4 or 5? but yer our attack is either gonna win us the game or lose it.

We really have to be efficient this week
Half of those were from the softest of free kicks I have ever seen

Fair Dinkum,, who the hell is ordering Peking Duck in Laos
Plenty of people. Laos is not far from China. We have Chinese Restaurants, Indian, Thai, Kebab, Viet you name it we have it. By the way most of the people who live in Laos are only several generations removed from China. The people known as Lao (Lao Lom or Lao0 are actually Tai, Thai people are also Tai, from China. They make up 3 million of the 7.5 million people. The Hmong are also from China, about 500,000. Kmou are the native Lao, about 500,000. Hmong and Kmou are mainly in the North and often have villages close to each other.

In both Lao and Vietnam you can get very good Peking duck. but if they don't clean the duck properly before cooking you get ill. Same with any food in Asia, especially the street Food. Peking duck was just an example lol. it has a rhyme to it that's all

Will be expecting a lot more soft free kicks in their F50 at the Cattery! Locals will be baying for free kicks and the umps will be sucked in as per usual!
I don't expect us to be remotely in the game

This thread is odd.
Fortunately its only 2.5 hrs to game day.

PS my Dad has lived in Cambodia since 93.

I don't expect us to be remotely in the game
Like your style, keep the expectations low and be pleasantly surprised!!

I think Cats are not on song just yet, even with an undermanned defence think we are a shout! Home away from home and all!

Plenty of people. Laos is not far from China. We have Chinese Restaurants, Indian, Thai, Kebab, Viet you name it we have it. By the way most of the people who live in Laos are only several generations removed from China. The people known as Lao (Lao Lom or Lao0 are actually Tai, Thai people are also Tai, from China. They make up 3 million of the 7.5 million people. The Hmong are also from China, about 500,000. Kmou are the native Lao, about 500,000. Hmong and Kmou are mainly in the North and often have villages close to each other.

In both Lao and Vietnam you can get very good Peking duck. but if they don't clean the duck properly before cooking you get ill. Same with any food in Asia, especially the street Food. Peking duck was just an example lol. it has a rhyme to it that's all

Is Laos safe mate? i know nothing of it but every game/movie depicts it as a warzone.

I would have kept him in. Harry was gone before the game. Harry has had 9,9,3,9 and his opponents have had plenty. Rioli, Rivers, Houston got plenty

Would have kept Gould in over both but I get it. I’d have played Sheldrick if he’s fit and he is an emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back