Preview The Curious Case of the Two Grand Finalists Geelong v Sydney at GHMBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I wrote him off but he completely reinvented himself. Love that kind of football story. Hope he comes back in and continues to prove me wrong

Yep I had him as a spud, farked it right up

Same with Corey Warner, was fine for his first game but at times looked pretty clearly not up to the pace of AFL football yet, Clarke into the 22 for him is a no-brainer.
Good to give players their first game. They are almost always not up to it. But they go away thinking about what they need to work on. Like an investment.

With no Buddy , Paps says hello
IMO Paps is the best small forward. Also he plays out of the centre square as a mid. Also, he changes the course of games. Also he antagonizes the opposition. Also he knows a bit about horse racing. Also he he signed until 2028. The little bugger is going to be annoying opposition goals for plenty more years. Love his energy.

Dunno what Corey Warner did wrong. Maybe he forget to polish Horse's boots? But Harry survives yet again. I think Harry is past it and VFL is where he would be most valuable.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s got potential but he looked gone halfway through last week. Now he can go back and work on the things he needs to.

So am i.

Gould stiff
Means Francis has to play back to help out, but all indications say he won't
Blakey has to play on Hawkins, he will get rag dolled and then we lose Blakey's natural game
Where on earth does Harry play? He's so lost out there

Who does Clarke play on? He's got one position but don't think Geelong have a damaging half back he can go to (for what its worth im on board with getting minutes into Clarke before Daicos job)

I’d say Clarke goes to Close who is very dangerous Stengle is injured which is handily.

I’d say Clarke goes to Close who is very dangerous Stengle is injured which is handily.
Clarke will play in the forward line, would be very surprised if he isn't playing on Tom Stewart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume we preferred mature experienced players for this game.

Although Gould and Warner had good debuts. AFL would be a step up in intensity from VFL so currently it might be hard for them to back up for a full game. I think Warner had 58% time on ground and Gould played a partial game after coming back from injury.

So much talk on here with the same few names: bottom six players (Francis, Clarke, Cunningham) and unlucky omissions (Warner Jr., Gould)

Let's face it it's unlikely any of those names being in or out of the side is going to make a difference. We are 3-2 this year because the form-line of everyone outside of Florent, Rampe & Lloyd (tellingly, all defenders) has been as unpredictable as a Melbourne weather forecast.

I mentioned last week that we are now up to 13 players who have had coaches votes this year already. And we know we have plenty of All Australian-worthy talent. It's time they all start putting together blocks of form that reflect that, rather than teasing us with what they're capable of. It's the only way we're going to be able to avoid having losses come around every few weeks.

Unless it's fitness related, I am struggling to comprehend how Gould is dropped on the back of a pass mark game.

If performance is the criteria then why does he go but Cunningham and McInerney (who has been sub-par every game) remain in the side? Not to mention that this cannot be good for Gould's confidence.

I was at the game and thought that Gould had a mixed game. Some nervous moments and some pleasing ones. Overall, he didn’t do anything that screamed “pick me” nor vice versa. I really can’t believe his non-selection has elicited such emotion and confusion from some. From what I’ve seen, Francis has the same defensive ability (or more) than Gould but can also swing forward.

We might be planning on using Fox on Hawkins then a combination of Mills / Blakey / Francis on Cameron. Cameron has been playing up the ground and his mobility and fitness has been impressive. If he plays deep as a target, Francis might swing back.

However, I disagree with the non selection of Gould. He had a good debut and I think he would have handled Hawkins (especially given his lack of fitness), freeing Fox to play on Cameron. With 4 key defenders out and Francis yet to play defence for our vfl team, I think Will must be selected sub, unless Horse has stamped his papers as not up to it.

Were you at the game? Lot of people talking him up but I didn’t see much of him on the telecast. Just wondering if a lot of his good work was off camera.

Yeah I was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back