Preview Richmond v Sydney MCG Thursday night at 7 20 .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK off topic, sorry bedford, but I did combine them in one post.

I do miss Book Depository.
Great range, good prices and free shipping.

The adult to kid ratio is weird in cheer squads these days.
More Homers than Barts.
I even think the West Coast guy with the moustache, whose face Micky O got into way back in 2006, may still be behind the goals.
It's an absolute joke in 14 Wolfgang and i had the displeasure of being close to the Scumthorn cheer squad , all well into 40s and 50's , same withe Tigers with that dodgy old Trout

This idea has some merit, depends on his ability to play the position of course, but if someone were able to do the role justice, Fox would be the man.
He has that spring heeled leap and plays a lot taller than his mid size. Would add a lot once the ball hits the deck. Would just depend on whether he could hold his own and try to break somewhat even against the big brutes.

Hopefully I am wrong - but Buddy and McLean in the same forward line is a concern. Hopefully Buddy has freshened up and winds back the clock. I can understand Amartey being rested - he didn't play well and his injury history. That said it finally looked like our forward line was beginning to function very well the last 2 weeks so hopefully we can continue to target the right option rather than the biggest presence ie Buddy. I've wondered how the coaches address this with the playing group and how direct they are in communicating not to kick it to Buddy all the time.

Hope we start buddy a bit further up the ground so the guys aren't buddy centric from the beginning. Does it mean our sub will need to adjust since buddy is in & his injury history?

No, you would have needed to have the plot at some stage in order to lose it😂

Thank god, I was afraid someone on here might think I was sane.

or even worse 'normal'.

His disposal was bloody ordinary, go back and watch it. he did not look like he was even trying to find a target on occasions….just getting rid of it…you need to have attention to detail, it’s why he doesn’t hit targets..simples.
I disliked this post purely because there is no excuse for ending a statement with “simples”.

Ever.

Left field idea on Robbie Fox

• we all agree Fox should be best 22(23)
  • has been squeezed out of preferred role in defence
  • May struggle as a full time forward

How about he plays as an undersized 2nd ruck?

Similar to Shaun grigg in successful Tigers teams circa 2017 or thereabouts
Not that left field. We've used him in the ruck before, in 18/19 when we were struggling to field a single ruck. He actually got 2 hitouts vs the Saints a few weeks ago. Maybe against weaker ruck divisions or in wet weather, but I don't think we're going to roll him out while one of McLean or Amartey is in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Bud is still having knee soreness it is totally impractical. We should never play injured players

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I never got the impression that he was injured. The knee soreness sounds like age-related aches and pains. He’s had two weeks off. He’ll be fine.

I’m honestly not impressed with the anti-Buddy attitude that has spread around this board like a virus. Fair enough if we had genuine options, but McDonald-McLean-Amartey is not (yet?) a fearsome combination of talls. We really don’t lose anything by replacing out of form Amartey with Buddy. Buddy has obviously declined but can still be useful. You never know, he might just turn back the clock for a quarter or two.

I never got the impression that he was injured. The knee soreness sounds like age-related aches and pains. He’s had two weeks off. He’ll be fine.

I’m honestly not impressed with the anti-Buddy attitude that has spread around this board like a virus. Fair enough if we had genuine options, but McDonald-McLean-Amartey is not (yet?) a fearsome combination of talls. We really don’t lose anything by replacing out of form Amartey with Buddy. Buddy has obviously declined but can still be useful. You never know, he might just turn back the clock for a quarter or two.
Aside from the awful goal kicking last week, the past 3 weeks have been our best efforts since the first two rounds.

It adds weight to the “we are better without Buddy” theory.

I’m among those who hold concerns at Buddy’s return. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised if Chad gets another week off - those soft tissue injuries can be annoying.

I'm going for:
In: McCartin
Outs: Francis
Sub: Corey Warner and actually use him. Has the speed and form to burn a tiring opposition. Can potentially come on for either Amartey or Mclean.
A week ? Calf will be minimum 4 worst who would know ? Them and quads are the worst. McVeigh over his last 3 years was sidelined for weeks on end as mature age player. Warner young but they won't take risks of seriously stressing the muscle by bringing him back early and setting it up for repeat tearing.
To valued a comodity.

Attendion to detail , what is he a painter ? had 23 possies and the most tackles

I do like that painter is your attention to detail profession go too.

The pile on here is like some of you want him gone , every player has down periods and he's not exempt . Might be getting used to playing without Buddy as the new forwards have different leading patterns . Against WC he took 8 marks which is more than any other Swan , On Friday night he had 8 score involvements , equal to Angus . Even Goodsey and other icons had down periods .
Paul Kelly Didn't.

Why on Earth are we thinking of changing a forward line that is finally working the last two weeks. Yeah we missed a few last week, who cares least we were getting shots.
Because Franklin 2023 version while team is still a slim finals chance is still superior to Amartey and McClean. Get your head around it. That's how the club think they don't bale when the going gets tough like some. Its about winning not putting your cue in the rack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back