Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember walking out of the Adelaide Oval listening to the pumped up Crows in 2016 Finals. A walk of shame that night. Hard to feel so sorry for their current plight.

Same for me, but the missing year between 97 and 99.

F*** 'em.

We had gas mains work done in our street a couple of weeks ago and our nature strips (we’re on a corner) resembled The Somme before they did their repair work. I’ve spent the past two weeks like Clint to ward off lawn seed eating pigeons and wayward exercise walkers from making tracks in the dirt/mud and seed. It’s become an obsession between homeschooling and work tasks while working from home.
iam hearing you, we are on a corner as well and a while ago they did the water main upgrade ( it was well overdue and would burst about every 6 months before hand), anyway like yourself the state of the nature strip was a quagmire with no grass when they finished, the contractors just threw a handfull of lawn seed in the general vicinity and never seen em again, took about 6 moths to get the semblance of some lawn back and then lo and behold the electricity utility comes and backs the cherry picker up on the nature strip to do some work on the pole out the front leaving 2 huge pairs of tire imprints into the soil.....Grrrrrr

We've got a massive Tea Tree on our nature strip which basically sucks every last drop of moisture out of the soil and keeps it in shade most of the day. Needless to say, bugger all grass grows on it. Our council recently introduced guidelines whereby you can put plants instead of grass on nature strips (after literally three years of "community consultation"). However, by the time you take into account all the rules and requirements (certain distance from curb, cross over, trees etc), I worked out that I'd be lucky to fit one bloody shrub on there. Fricken hopeless.

We've got a massive Tea Tree on our nature strip which basically sucks every last drop of moisture out of the soil and keeps it in shade most of the day. Needless to say, bugger all grass grows on it. Our council recently introduced guidelines whereby you can put plants instead of grass on nature strips (after literally three years of "community consultation"). However, by the time you take into account all the rules and requirements (certain distance from curb, cross over, trees etc), I worked out that I'd be lucky to fit one bloody shrub on there. Fricken hopeless.

Some tea-trees on nature strips must be T'town, Reservoir, Kingsbury are friggin HUGE ! Don't think they should be planted inland as by the coast the crappy soil and wind keep them to a reasonable height.

Some tea-trees on nature strips must be T'town, Reservoir, Kingsbury are friggin HUGE ! Don't think they should be planted inland as by the coast the crappy soil and wind keep them to a reasonable height.
We're on the sand belt and not even that far inland. Absolute campaigners of trees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe not for much longer.
good luck with that, data from other buybacks suggested people bought another wood heater as soon as they got the money from the original one, besides i don't live in Melbourne.

good luck with that, data from other buybacks suggested people bought another wood heater as soon as they got the money from the original one, besides i don't live in Melbourne.

It’s hopeless

We cannot dry clothes outside in winter now because of the amount of wood heaters

Maybe not for much longer.

I have a reverse cycle and while it’s great in summer, it’s horrific on electricity

Much rather a wood fire in winter

Heard a snippet on the Radio yesterday about the price of visiting a Dentist and that Australian prices are high.

So why does a 15 minute clean and scrape put you back $200?

Problem with dentistry in this country Gaso is that anything wrong with your teeth is not seen as a " medical " problem.
In Korea part of medical care and subsidised by the govt. via their medical insurance system. Last time there Mrs. H. walked into a surgery just off the street, waited 5 mins. and got a scale & clean for $16. I got one for $50.

Won't deny the dentists have their right to earn a living but a large proportion of the country run into problems because they can't afford it and this then leads to dental problems worsening and then > medical problems increasing due to poor dental hygiene.

Unfortunately a huge problem that keeps going around in circles. Fixable ? With great effort, yes.

Problem with dentistry in this country Gaso is that anything wrong with your teeth is not seen as a " medical " problem.
In Korea part of medical care and subsidised by the govt. via their medical insurance system. Last time there Mrs. H. walked into a surgery just off the street, waited 5 mins. and got a scale & clean for $16. I got one for $50.

Won't deny the dentists have their right to earn a living but a large proportion of the country run into problems because they can't afford it and this then leads to dental problems worsening and then > medical problems increasing due to poor dental hygiene.

Unfortunately a huge problem that keeps going around in circles. Fixable ? With great effort, yes.

I reckon I’ve been to the dentist 3 times in my life. Once was it get a mouthguard fitted for footy.

One of the other 2 times the dentist suggested to my mum that I could do with braces. She looked at my teeth, then at him and said “he doesn’t need braces” and we left. 35 odd years later, my teeth are in good nick.

Now I know that there are a lot of occasions where braces are necessary, but how many people have forked over a s**t load of cash for no reason at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back