Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Organise a concrete truck for saturday now looks like rain. grrrr

Welcome to construction koshari

In news on this side, I fecking hate getting new glasses, always have dizzy spells until I get used to them

Thanks GR. That has fixed backspace. Not so much the return key.

I'll go looking on the support board if I can find it.
When will we know if its fixed?

I'm using a Samsung as well. The Chrome Android app looked to have updated on the 8th and (at least for me) has appeared to have fixed the issue.

Also props to the strapping lad who identified the temporary fix on the feedback thread. :cool:

Have you tried bifocals?

NTTAWWT
imo its the short sight strength. i still have as good of eye sight for stuff 5 meters or further away as i ever did, but anything close say 2 meters or less all bets are off. so i would not need bifocals, just often have the glasses balancing on the end of my nose to see over the top of them, like watching the footy on the telly, watching the game over the top of the glasses and internetting through the glasses glancing down at the device.

imo its the short sight strength. i still have as good of eye sight for stuff 5 meters or further away as i ever did, but anything close say 2 meters or less all bets are off. so i would not need bifocals, just often have the glasses balancing on the end of my nose to see over the top of them, like watching the footy on the telly, watching the game over the top of the glasses and internetting through the glasses glancing down at the device.

20/20 normal vision here

But can’t read this screen without spectacles

Watched Hillsborough late last night and flooding memories came back of the congestion at the Swimming Pool entrance at Arden St came flushing back.
There were a few games there that they crowded us in like sardines.
Then I remember the last ever game and it was space galore.

Watched Hillsborough late last night and flooding memories came back of the congestion at the Swimming Pool entrance at Arden St came flushing back.
As a Wednesday supporter it's quite a conversational topic, and there is still a lot of remaining angst towards the South Yorkshire police. But still a sad tale in English football.

As a Wednesday supporter it's quite a conversational topic, and there is still a lot of remaining angst towards the South Yorkshire police. But still a sad tale in English football.

Sad and catastrophic afternoon that one. If it wasn’t the Pens it looked like it was going to be the entrance.

Actually brought back nightmares of crushes at games in the 1970’s as a little kid. The thought of being seperated from your Parents in those big crowds was awful. I think it was the MCG that Juniors and Adults had a 80 metre apart entrance. In a huge crowd it was a sickening few minutes waiting for your Parents to turn up and collect you. I reckon we would have been about 10/8. These were the days of the full Esky unlimited drinks. Might have been fun times as an adult, but sheesh it was a life experience attending as a kid in those days.

Sad and catastrophic afternoon that one. If it wasn’t the Pens it looked like it was going to be the entrance.

Actually brought back nightmares of crushes at games in the 1970’s as a little kid. The thought of being seperated from your Parents in those big crowds was awful. I think it was the MCG that Juniors and Adults had a 80 metre apart entrance. In a huge crowd it was a sickening few minutes waiting for your Parents to turn up and collect you. I reckon we would have been about 10/8. These were the days of the full Esky unlimited drinks. Might have been fun times as an adult, but sheesh it was a life experience attending as a kid in those days.
Jeepers the things you can forget :) I remember being at the G with my dad and my step brother. My dad went to the dunny and we were just waiting for him to come out. Anyway, the 1st siren went and we were like "c'mon dad". We went into the dunnies to hurry him up and there was noone in there except 1 door was closed for 1 toilet. We stood there making straining noises and then ran out absolutely cacking ourselves laughing, only to find him out the front waiting impatiently for us! Funny as.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeepers the things you can forget :) I remember being at the G with my dad and my step brother. My dad went to the dunny and we were just waiting for him to come out. Anyway, the 1st siren went and we were like "c'mon dad". We went into the dunnies to hurry him up and there was noone in there except 1 door was closed for 1 toilet. We stood there making straining noises and then ran out absolutely cacking ourselves laughing, only to find him out the front waiting impatiently for us! Funny as.

The smell of a non smoking family getting into the car to come home smelling like a smoking family

The smell of a non smoking family getting into the car to come home smelling like a smoking family
Was actually just discussing last night the some of the differences between being a kid in the 70's and being a kid now ..... It's almost like comparing Queensland with Syria :-D

Was actually just discussing last night the some of the differences between being a kid in the 70's and being a kid now ..... It's almost like comparing Queensland with Syria :-D
It was the last decade of the non entitled.

We got no choice. Yr 12 next year and then who knows..
Lol, I have the makings of a 5 year old East End gangster, I am already getting told what I should know hahahahaha :-o At least I have walked a few of those East London streets .....

Back at Hillsborough tonight Gasometer, Wednesday vs Watford :) another late night :-(

Ground round the cattle crush as dry last week for the 1st time in months, but after rain for the last week back to mud. Typical as we have the calves their 2nd round of shots today and one got its leg stuck in the crush, while pulling him out i tripped backwards and landed flat on my back in 6 inches of mud... had to drive home in me jocks. Glad i never had to have to explain that one to mr plod.

Stupid bbq "flame tamers". Frickin fat concentrators.

So I’m enjoying the improving weather and bbqing some (ill-advisedly fatty) lamb thing. Fat drips onto the little metal plate, catches into flames as usual. Move the section of grill aside to brush the bits of fat down into the kitty litter below. Unbeknownst to me a glob of the stuff flicks in the wrong direction and the next thing I know I’m rolling around on the lawn trying to put out a flaming shirt. You know all the first aid advice to roll when you have a clothing fire situation but it’s harder than you think to talk yourself into rolling on top of actual flames.

Thankfully avoided full thickness burns, but the GP's nurse did get to use the biggest sheet of tegaderm they have to dress it, which was exciting for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back