Roast Grumpy Old Thread II - the grumpiness continues

Remove this Banner Ad

And don't get me started on Australia Post!

Item safely delivered to your mailbox! Yeah, right.

Item spends over a week getting from their Dandenong facility to their Seaford facility (geez, it could make it inside an hour if they just put it on the bus that runs down Frankston-Dandy road FFS).

They get their delivery person to take a photo these days to prove delivery. The photo also has GPS coordinates. Thank goodness.

Now they have to send somebody out to recover the item from wherever they delivered it to and deliver it to the correct address - mine!

They won't tell me which wrong address they used to deliver the item to but they google street viewed my mailbox and they confirmed that the item was delivered elsewhere.

The Indian guy in the van is good - he's friendly and always places items at the front door then rings the doorbell. The motorbike guy is not the least bit friendly and he never puts stuff in the mailbox properly. The last time he delivered to my door he actually rode his motorbike up onto my front porch. I should put some drawing pins on the porch in the morning now that I think of it.

Item spends over a week getting from their Dandenong facility to their Seaford facility (geez, it could make it inside an hour if they just put it on the bus that runs down Frankston-Dandy road FFS).

They get their delivery person to take a photo these days to prove delivery. The photo also has GPS coordinates. Thank goodness.

Now they have to send somebody out to recover the item from wherever they delivered it to and deliver it to the correct address - mine!

They won't tell me which wrong address they used to deliver the item to but they google street viewed my mailbox and they confirmed that the item was delivered elsewhere.

The Indian guy in the van is good - he's friendly and always places items at the front door then rings the doorbell. The motorbike guy is not the least bit friendly and he never puts stuff in the mailbox properly. The last time he delivered to my door he actually rode his motorbike up onto my front porch. I should put some drawing pins on the porch in the morning now that I think of it.
Seaford used to be the dumping ground for sh!t posties and sh1tter managers. Your postie should be the bloke who got it wrong, unless it's been sorted to the wrong round and then an entire other postie is just dumb. It's actually not that hard to match up 2 numbers the same .....

I'm not normally so philosophical - but at least the "new technology" being used lets you know straight away that something should be there, and if not, then you can get onto it. On the flip, there are plenty of folk that just try it on and say that whatever wasn't delivered ...

Seaford used to be the dumping ground for sh!t posties and sh1tter managers. Your postie should be the bloke who got it wrong, unless it's been sorted to the wrong round and then an entire other postie is just dumb. It's actually not that hard to match up 2 numbers the same .....

I'm not normally so philosophical - but at least the "new technology" being used lets you know straight away that something should be there, and if not, then you can get onto it. On the flip, there are plenty of folk that just try it on and say that whatever wasn't delivered ...
rickety always rings twice.

And he delivers!

Last edited:

just discovered the heater controls from our deutz tractor are the same as a volkswagon car, the pricing is a little bit different though!!

1154252-65a32da9d167a9f992b887bfaf2be8c8.png

actually our mail contractor and local office are pretty good, the couriers not so much.

There are plenty of good folk within, but to use some grumpy old vernacular, there are plenty of window lickers as well.
iam hearing you, at the place where i work i was suggesting that they create a section called "coat tail draggers" so they could all be in the one section so it would be easier to avoid them, as you could imagine it didnt go down well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Years ago I used to have a woman come to the door in lingerie, or bikini, or satiny dressing gown ..... obviously married so i'd never go there, but she had a mouth that reminded me of Mick Jagger anyway :-D

Years ago I used to have a woman come to the door in lingerie, or bikini, or satiny dressing gown ..... obviously married so i'd never go there, but she had a mouth that reminded me of Mick Jagger anyway :-D
I'm sure that some of your colleagues would have told a story or two in the tea room back in the day.

This is probably the episode my son saw when he was a baby. I clearly remember his first word... The F-Bomb. Came out as clear as a bell when we were on our way to my Mum's place and he saw a truck. We laughed, but that that set him off... He kept repeating it to get attention, especially when his cousins all heard it and trained him on even more vulgarities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back