Roast Grumpy Old Thread II - the grumpiness continues

Remove this Banner Ad

The finished product. Base of new chair was OK but it wasn't easy to adjust the hight precisely so that it was at a comfortable height but the arms would fit under my desk when the chair wasn't being used. The old one was perfect in this respect.

Solution: bolt the old base onto the seat of the new chair. Genius!

The mechanism was more genuine as well so the new frankechair is a bit more authentic.
View attachment 1868037
But, there is always room for grumpiness. I should have bought a matching Ergo chair like my son's, which was under half price on black friday a few years back. I guess I didn't need it then but long term it was a better buy than my mastermind Eames chair.

Why you need big PC to post on BF?

definitely update, wife got a masterbuilt smoker and it beats the pants of a weber kettle. the kettles are very inconsistant and was a constant source of frustration for me, the can forced charcoal column on the masterbuilt on the other hand controls temperature completely. whe wifi monitoring is a bit of a wank and they take about an hour to assemble however, few blokes i know have pellet ones as as well and speak highly of them,

I’ve mastered the Kettle for all meats. Took a decade but I got there.

Does a smoker enable pulled lamb/beef/pork ….slow cook?

My best little mate dropped the tele remote in a bucket of water. With absolutely no thought process, went to where I’d bought the tele, asked if they had remotes. Bloke sells me the ducks nuts of remotes, so he says. Pfft. Chews through batteries like an old Sony Walkman, has no roller, the menu, back, arrow, mute buttons are waaaayy too close together and create unrivalled frustration. Bought a the same old remote off eBay, failed to realise it was coming from the Peoples Republic … 7 weeks later it arrives, shiny and new, happy dad … poxy thing will not pair with the tele!! Now I have to use 2 s**t remotes 🤨😡🤬🤯🤣🤣🤣🤣

My best little mate dropped the tele remote in a bucket of water. With absolutely no thought process, went to where I’d bought the tele, asked if they had remotes. Bloke sells me the ducks nuts of remotes, so he says. Pfft. Chews through batteries like an old Sony Walkman, has no roller, the menu, back, arrow, mute buttons are waaaayy too close together and create unrivalled frustration. Bought a the same old remote off eBay, failed to realise it was coming from the Peoples Republic … 7 weeks later it arrives, shiny and new, happy dad … poxy thing will not pair with the tele!! Now I have to use 2 s**t remotes 🤨😡🤬🤯🤣🤣🤣🤣

Buy a new Tv

Logitech Harmony. They might be a bit hard to get hold of these days but they are the best solution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

75 inch LG down to $1600 I saw last weekend, down from $3000 mid year
Best bang for buck TVs on the market at the moment are some of the TCLs.
I got a C735 for the bedroom earlier this year and the quality is stunning. It rivals and may surpass my top of the line 2020 Sony LCD (KCL9500H)

I’ve mastered the Kettle for all meats. Took a decade but I got there.

Does a smoker enable pulled lamb/beef/pork ….slow cook?
a pic tells 1000 words,

ADCreHdtlioyD7QRogY89Tffbx7XXzpm6PZKOHlxcGDN1YdmBt9oeJT40xHCDD-YAUS2miYxY3QoxT8SeWHi7ZP_roipJ7WE_pzv4HWPk9dKbQ7wcEIO79kMKHbhAoSKYjAf4qLA3yWt1fmwZfaeqF4lXKm2aCb5zydKzQ77KfzNjVV1tuKgbJnnyMvqpU_urijRUtYq2VhQ-ERE6WUntJqCOnNl-MOjm0dcW-A9vIOlFcwwIlM7_V5F3raYGNCYn2ZKS2ZoxcXAqaRCJMbZ2ex4MPNc255067F1xgkTiPlMAZOKfDquqp88wlrnVDLqjTCSOZfHPmXIuVZmdT9Lh3o7WYhgTPeKBHE1cZDQcy76pNQVZrqiXdBl-BNUVBenorXuzSjyPK1UAGf-tC_cbGkeFzxclUNHBmFA5x9Fl_I6wQ89NiRtncbs-X1y4rcBHBTYf296uY6o_03aQCRN2XEOVNNDHLBQBXMLpkL3nQodcKZDKupvI9N6iuDvyo8ZpSzDZP6gxY9p0FQwT4U2rGz_ln8ozaCK_F2kMT52YqUkTay2z4Qz6PgOjtrFW9DwBYjdlYzAbruFHNX_ZWuOGNbrlvYfZDqU9VnV_xWb163WZPCSah2Xff12deQpzeoqMF8h6tYPrkrOI3zJW0ehsndCrz8h8EqbIqxbQfjhlseuOdH-fFh2PTJTukQzKfsSG_we3Dy3__TSMaVA95nxVhqz8woXAIjQaU5pmH4aRPdhrmhhmSjfDX6vCqzLU4jx89H7Us8uQOttBi_PeNxm9JT4XidaFeJchcfjntd7OCprzokOn4xqjNwfzFYD3dTN3Q6vhBjg8pPTne50O_xzZ6RMrNAFAxoSMWXCVDBRmyNPNSnVvquCKZDMTP67LXZke_O0E29wkRM=w1717-h1288-s-no-gm

Best bang for buck TVs on the market at the moment are some of the TCLs.
I got a C735 for the bedroom earlier this year and the quality is stunning. It rivals and may surpass my top of the line 2020 Sony LCD (KCL9500H)

You can watch all those Nmfc Friday night games in bed ‘eh?

75 inch LG down to $1600 I saw last weekend, down from $3000 mid year

Mate, if you are likely to be in Frankston any time soon ping me a message. I should be able to scrounge up an old harmony remote that will work with your telly. I have a couple in the garage I'm sure.
Turns out it works without being paired ... the new one. A new TEAC tele is on the horizon though.

Also, what is it with folk not giving way when the car parked on the side of the road is on their side?? I am almost happy to crash just to prove a point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back