Roast Grumpy Old Thread II - the grumpiness continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Took my best little mate for his regular swimming lesson yesterday. We go early, he gets a play. We hang around after and he gets another play. There are basically 3 pool areas. On one side we have the kids pool, and behind that is the water slide fun area. The other side is the larger pool. Anyway, after his lesson I usually sit up in between the slide area and the top end of the larger pool. Thus giving me a virtually unobstructed view of wherever his lordship may venture. He likes a few slides, then a splash or 5 in the big pool with it's cold water, before a move back into the kids pool to warm up, and back to the slide for a bit. Rinse and repeat for half hour and off we go. Anyway, a pool "supervisor" came over and asks me who I was watching. I said the "ratbag with blonde hair. There he is" and pointed to him at the top of the water slide. "Well, you'll have to move over the other side to keep an eye on him then". I said "yep, but if I go over there then I can't see him when he zings down this other slide, or when he goes into a different pool". "Well you'll have to keep moving then" she says. I gave her my best "whatever" and walked around the kids pool to the other side to discover he was already back where I was and was looking for me. I gave him a cooeee, he waved and off he went. About a minute later a young fella comes over and says "sorry mate, my manager says ...." "Yeah yeah" I give him, "I was just over there too, imagine that ...." Pool supervisor is on my scowl list. "Haven't you got paperwork to do" is my prerecorded sledge.

Why do old ppl especially old men think they are way better than retail workers like they are so rude for no reason.

Especially when you ask them how their day is going and they don’t even reply to you, we love that.

Why do old ppl especially old men think they are way better than retail workers like they are so rude for no reason.

Especially when you ask them how their day is going and they don’t even reply to you, we love that.
read thread title, basically you become bitter and twisted as the world beats hope out of you.

risk assessment skype meeting just elapsed an hour , and dont even look close to finishing!
Clearly no management types involved - at least not the ones from where I used to work. Those bastards would talk about risk all day long but if they actually had to make a risk based decision or sign off on any risk then they couldn't delegate the responsibility fast enough. They got their arses kicked for $xx million a short time ago and they deserved it IMHO (and in the opinion of the courts).

risk assessment skype meeting just elapsed an hour , and dont even look close to finishing!
I feel you man. I had a 6 hour exec team meeting on Teams yesterday. Was pulling my fingernails out half way through for fun!!

Really? I am the opposite - love a chat. I would have thought old men like me would be the more polite ones.

Really? I am the opposite - love a chat. I would have thought old men like me would be the more polite ones.
Lol when are you doing ur next promotion gig at the plaza I’ll come down

Clearly no management types involved - at least not the ones from where I used to work. Those bastards would talk about risk all day long but if they actually had to make a risk based decision or sign off on any risk then they couldn't delegate the responsibility fast enough. They got their arses kicked for $xx million a short time ago and they deserved it IMHO (and in the opinion of the courts).
Well all done and dusted with 15mins b4 knock off time, whoo hoo. Feeling like fred flintstone when mr slate blows the horn now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t some retail conversation scripted?

It feels scripted

So I give my scripted “good thanks”
Yes I ducking hate small talk so I’d rather just quickly fold their clothes and send them on their way unless when the phone rings i take my sweet time so it can stop ringing

just back from the dentist,

rostered day off means no sick leave :-(
had a tooth pulled, local just starting to wear off, happy times ahead.

Last edited:
Yes I ducking hate small talk so I’d rather just quickly fold their clothes and send them on their way unless when the phone rings i take my sweet time so it can stop ringing
So that's why no bugger answers the phone in that joint!!

If you were a home brewer like koshari then you might be slightly interested in this...

i got the game covered from 3 angles atm, my own swill, the missuses employee discount card at a major liquor outlet and her having first dibs on clearance lines......

this post most deffo not a grumpy post,

;)

not to say i wouldnt be happy to drop into their taphouse next time iam visiting my brothers family down on the peninsula.

i got the game covered from 3 angles atm, my own swill, the missuses employee discount card at a major liquor outlet and her having first dibs on clearance lines......

this post most deffo not a grumpy post,

;)

not to say i wouldnt be happy to drop into their taphouse next time iam visiting my brothers family down on the peninsula.
Give a toot as you drive past then!

Me old mans been punting again, so now o have to pick him up and take him down to the bank on monday to pay out and cancel his credit card.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back