Mega Thread CasualChat 🍰 Cake Connoisseurs Thread 🍰 Vote in the Poll and tell Wosh they’re pretty to Receive your Cake Badge! 🍰 🍸

What is your favourite cake/dessert?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Howdy all

What started as a digital detox on new year’s day (i removed everything from my phone except for text message app and ability to make calls obviously) and which was going swimmingly (an absolute joy to have no internet browser or facebook etc) turned into a longer absence than i was originally planning over this last week or so.

After suffering severe abdominal pains last week (they had been intermittent over December) and getting even worse over the weekend i took my gf to emergency.

Following a week of numerous scans and blood tests and a change in hospitals, we today learnt its not a cancer. Thank fu**.

She will remain in hospital for a few more days to get on top of pain management and determine next steps on what needs to happen. There will be surgery to come but thankfully no chemo and that whole worst case scenario thing.

I’ll be around off and on (can see i have some messages and notifications).

Take care all.
and if something doesn’t feel right with your body, don’t hesitate to get it checked out.
I ended up in emergency (which turned into a 9 day hospital stay) with pneumonia a couple of weeks ago.

Take care, and best wishes for your GF.

I really enjoyed being switched off. First time I’d done it since i was hiking in NZ a few years back and went completely off for a couple weeks.

First week of Jan flew by. Thought I’d try a second week. Then that went by fast and I thought let’s get to Australia day. That went by fast also but then i needed to use my phone for internet stuff while in hospital and yada yada.

I might try again at some stage to switch off.

GF coming home tomorrow all going well. She is booked in for a hysterectomy in a couple of weeks.
I was always planning in taking leave from about now for 3-4 weeks. And still will as i will need to care for her a bit (carers leave?!?), and when she is ok to work (but cant drive) i will also take some annual leave to be her driver and take her to her clients (and while she is working i will spend time at beach if its close by or coffee shops until she needs me to drive her to her next client).
so i will be online a bit (if at coffee shops) or get fit running along beach.

I’ll head back to work full time when she is back to normal.

The other thing that made the last fortnight stressful was just how busy i was at work. Thankfully something i was working to finish did finish on time friday (hence i always knew i would be on leave from this coming week).
I actually cannot believe all i managed to do last week with work, hospitals, kids to and from 4 different schools, and stress of not knowing if this poor lady was about to be diagnosed with the big C.

Well after trying to manage pain at home over the last fortnight, had to take the gf back to emergency last night. Hoping the surgery gets brought forward to this week (scheduled for next tuesday) but wont know until later today or tomorrow if that’s going to happen.
Time to reacquaint myself with hospital vending machines

Well after trying to manage pain at home over the last fortnight, had to take the gf back to emergency last night. Hoping the surgery gets brought forward to this week (scheduled for next tuesday) but wont know until later today or tomorrow if that’s going to happen.
That must be stressful for both of you. Best wishes.

Good luck to you both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been over a year since I withdrew cash from the automatic teller machine machine. Or any other kind of machine for that matter.

Been over a year since I withdrew cash from the automatic teller machine machine. Or any other kind of machine for that matter.
I'm nearly up to a year. Be nearly the same amount of time going to the pub.

Back