Official Team Thread Gumbies FFC S33 Team Thread - Access DenieD - Congratulations Best and Fairest Winners GWS Goose and Brick Loosener

Remove this Banner Ad

0sCTFfh.png

Established: Season 04
Home Ground: The House of Gumby
Colours: Cobalt, Navy, White
Premierships: Season 16
Minor Premierships: S11, S18, S21, S31
Most Games Played: peterss (377)
Most Goals: winty (437)
Captain: DenieD

yYzZqav.png

0. Ned Ryerson
1. eDPS
2. EagleOz
3. GWS Goose (LG)
4. beez
5. Barrybran (VC)
6. Riviat (LG)
7. Spuddd
9. WaLkEr_ThE_StAr
10. DenieD (C)
16. NSWCROW
17. BlueE
20. bone2468
21. Rodney Dangerfield
22. Dory_77
29. saintkildaman
42. StFly
44. ossie_21 (R)
50. Aristotle Pickett
66. Brick Loosener
73. Supercheapgiants (R)
87. Grimesy87
99. CatToTheFuture (R)
TBA. Dayts (R)
TBA. Falconista (R)
TBA. miggs
TBA. Ned_Flanders

IN: DenieD (Coney Island Warriors), Aristotle Pickett (Roys FFC), Ned_Flanders (Fighting Furies), eDPS (Returning), CatToTheFuture (Rookie), Dayts (Rookie), Supercheapgiants (Rookie), Bulldogs85 (Rookie), ossie_21 (Rookie), Falconista (Rookie)

OUT: omgfridge (Gold City Royals), Party Gull (Las Vegas Bears), TalkingFootyNow1223 (delisted), wherearemykeys (delisted), Jivlain (retired), peterss (delisted), Bulldogs85 (delisted)

Last edited:
BnF - Round 6
BnFR6.png
We completely decimated the Roys in another complete performance by our team. Winning by 90 points and setting ourselves as the premiership favourites (we all know how that turned out). Brick was a monster on the qootyfield with 29 disposals, 10 marks and a goal. Barry kicked 7 goals again as full forward. Dory kicked 5 goals from the pocket off just 6 kicks and was a magical wizard in the game. Rodney got 100 DT and rucked to perfection with 13 hitouts and 2 goals. Aristotle rounds out the top 5 with 20 disposals and a goal.

5 votes - Brick Loosener
4 votes - Barrybran
3 votes - Dory_77
2 votes - Rodney Dangerfield
1 vote - Aristotle Pickett

BnF - Round 7
BnFR7.png
Another game another win. Wonders were no chance against us. We broke out to good lead in the 3rd then rested our legs in the final quarter as they tried their best to catch up. We had 4 players score over 100 DT points this game as we played kick to kick all game long. Riviat had another 31 disposal game (no clue how he gets that number every time but anyway) and 10 marks. CatToTheFuture showed off his best work after moving to the midfield with 28 disposals and 7 tackles. Falconista joined us just a couple of weeks beforehand but has already proved himself a qooty player, netting 21 disposals and 3 goals. Rodney was a man mountain in the ruck with 16 hitouts and 25 disposals. Supercheapgiants once again rounds out the top 5 with another good game getting 24 disposals and a goal.

5 votes - Riviat
4 votes - CatToTheFuture
3 votes - Falconista
2 votes - Rodney Dangerfield
1 vote - Supercheapgiants

View attachment 1458075
We had achieved four wins in a row and it actually looked like it was our season (or so it seemed). A massive win against the Demons where we kept them to just 4 goals 9 behinds. A true team effort. Barrybran kicked 7 goals at full forward and was larger than he has ever been before. Goose once again got over 100 DT points, gathering a huge 34 disposals and 2 goals to boot. NSWCROW moved into the ruck and performed incredibly well, keeping the Demons rucks to just 6 hitouts while Crowy got 13 and 2 goals as well. Riviat was a big accumulator this game netting 31 disposals and 3 tackles from the centre. I round out the top 5 with 9 free kicks (I think I paid off the umps but it was so long ago I can't remember).

5 votes - Barrybran
4 votes - GWS Goose
3 votes - NSWCROW
2 votes - Riviat
1 vote - DenieD
I deserved 6 votes that day !!!

BnF - Round 8
BnFR8.png
The game was over at half-time. Royals shouldn't have even got off the plane. A big 40 point victory thanks to our dominant midfield. Brick had another ripper game on the wing with 22 disposals and 2 goals. Goose acquired 26 disposals and 3 tackles but was wayward in front of goal with 4 behinds. Rodney had 12 hitouts, 18 disposals and a goal. NSWCROW moved into the middle and got 17 disposals and 2 goals. Barry rounds out the top 5 with 4 goals off 6 kicks, all from his 4 free kicks (flopping barry).

5 votes - Brick Loosener
4 votes - GWS Goose
3 votes - Rodney Dangerfield
2 votes - NSWCROW
1 vote - Barrybran

Best Defender Award
And now for the first award of the night...

bestdefenderG.jpg
The best defender of the first half of the season was Ned_Flanders as he was instrumental at full back leading our defence as we went on our massive winning streak. But in the second half of the season it was an entirely different story as Ned would let goal after goal slip through his fingers.

There was one defender however that managed to maintain their tenacity and persisted through all the hard times of the season. Someone that just recently reached 400 games and acquired an All-SFA spot on the half-back flank for their incredible season.
It is my pleasure to announce this season's Gumbies FFC best defender to...

beez

standing ovation clap GIF

BnF - Round 9
BnFR9.png
Swamprats took us to the swamp and it wasn't pretty. Terrible accuracy in front of goal was the main talking point as we lost by 32 points. Aristotle was our most accurate goal kicker with 3 goals from 11 kicks from centre half forward. Riviat was our leading disposal getter with 19 disposals and 5 marks. Goose had 9 tackles and 13 disposals in the wet. Barry had 3 goals but also was wayward in front of goals with 3 behinds from 6 kicks. miggs rounds out the top 5 with 12 disposals, 6 marks and a goal.

5 votes - Aristotle Pickett
4 votes - Riviat
3 votes - GWS Goose
2 votes - Barrybran
1 vote - miggs

and now I will take my first break of the evening while I eat the rest of my cold food.

and the tip during the break is to eat food when it is hot, unless the original intention was for it to be cold.

Stay tuned for the next break where we discuss leftovers and are they worth keeping?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BnF - Round 10
BnFR10.png
Facing off against the newly named East Side team was a daunting task as they were also high up on the ladder and were in great form. But we blitzed them like most of the other teams this season and went home as 45 point victors. 5 players reached 100+ DT points this game as we dominated posession. CatToTheFuture had an incredible 16 tackles (UGE) and 26 disposals as well. Brick got an incredible 36 disposals and 11 marks on the wing. Goose had 26 disposals and 3 goals, supercheapgiants had 29 disposals and 3 goals, and Rodney had 31 disposals and 2 goals. Just an outstanding game from so many people.

5 votes - CatToTheFuture
4 votes - Brick Loosener
3 votes - GWS Goose
2 votes - Supercheapgiants
1 vote - Rodney Dangerfield

You had some good games when we lost big. Basically you are a junkyard grabber.
Oh good, i'm glad I was the only one that benefit from our losses. Bumping up my possie count. If we had of lost all our games, i would have won this easily!

BnF - Votes After R10
BnFR10Votes.png
10 rounds down and 7 to go plus 2 finals

GWS Goose is still in the lead with 26 but Brick Loosener is making a play for the crown with 19 votes. Rodney Dangerfield is only one behind Brick and Riviat is not far behind them on 16 votes. CatToTheFuture is on 13 votes after doing well with his move into the midfield. eDPS is still there on 13 votes and Barrybran is only just behind him on 12 votes.

and the tip during the break is to eat food when it is hot, unless the original intention was for it to be cold.

Stay tuned for the next break where we discuss leftovers and are they worth keeping?
You auditioning as A Current Affair or Studio 10 host?

View attachment 1458159
Facing off against the newly named East Side team was a daunting task as they were also high up on the ladder and were in great form. But we blitzed them like most of the other teams this season and went home as 45 point victors. 5 players reached 100+ DT points this game as we dominated posession. CatToTheFuture had an incredible 16 tackles (UGE) and 26 disposals as well. Brick got an incredible 36 disposals and 11 marks on the wing. Goose had 26 disposals and 3 goals, supercheapgiants had 29 disposals and 3 goals, and Rodney had 31 disposals and 2 goals. Just an outstanding game from so many people.

5 votes - CatToTheFuture
4 votes - Brick Loosener
3 votes - GWS Goose
2 votes - Supercheapgiants
1 vote - Rodney Dangerfield
The one game I pulled the finger out!

BnF - Round 11
BnFR11.png
The last game before the reverse rubber. Bombers were just behind us in 2nd on the ladder with the winner ending up 1st outright. It was also Rodney Dangerfield 's 100th Gumbies game so a lot was to play for. We won big and put ourselves in the best possible position for the second half of the season. Rodney was impressive in the ruck with 28 disposals and a goal. Brick continued his stellar form with 28 disposals and a goal as well. Barry kicked 5 goals from his 8 kicks in the game. BlueE also kicked 5 goals even though he rode the bench for a good part of the game. Supercheapgiants round out the top 5 with a brilliant 10 tackle game.

5 votes - Rodney Dangerfield
4 votes - Brick Loosener
3 votes - Barrybran
2 votes - BlueE
1 vote - Supercheapgiants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back