Official Team Thread Gumbies FFC S33 Team Thread - Access DenieD - Congratulations Best and Fairest Winners GWS Goose and Brick Loosener

Remove this Banner Ad

0sCTFfh.png

Established: Season 04
Home Ground: The House of Gumby
Colours: Cobalt, Navy, White
Premierships: Season 16
Minor Premierships: S11, S18, S21, S31
Most Games Played: peterss (377)
Most Goals: winty (437)
Captain: DenieD

yYzZqav.png

0. Ned Ryerson
1. eDPS
2. EagleOz
3. GWS Goose (LG)
4. beez
5. Barrybran (VC)
6. Riviat (LG)
7. Spuddd
9. WaLkEr_ThE_StAr
10. DenieD (C)
16. NSWCROW
17. BlueE
20. bone2468
21. Rodney Dangerfield
22. Dory_77
29. saintkildaman
42. StFly
44. ossie_21 (R)
50. Aristotle Pickett
66. Brick Loosener
73. Supercheapgiants (R)
87. Grimesy87
99. CatToTheFuture (R)
TBA. Dayts (R)
TBA. Falconista (R)
TBA. miggs
TBA. Ned_Flanders

IN: DenieD (Coney Island Warriors), Aristotle Pickett (Roys FFC), Ned_Flanders (Fighting Furies), eDPS (Returning), CatToTheFuture (Rookie), Dayts (Rookie), Supercheapgiants (Rookie), Bulldogs85 (Rookie), ossie_21 (Rookie), Falconista (Rookie)

OUT: omgfridge (Gold City Royals), Party Gull (Las Vegas Bears), TalkingFootyNow1223 (delisted), wherearemykeys (delisted), Jivlain (retired), peterss (delisted), Bulldogs85 (delisted)

Last edited:
BnF - Round 16
BnFR16.png
A huge win helped boost our confidence just before finals as we lay waste to the Furies, beating them comfortably by 57 points. Riviat was far and away our best player with 106 DT points from 28 disposals and a goal. I also did decently with 17 disposals, 9 marks and 3 goals. CatToTheFuture got 18 disposals, 5 tackles and a goal. Barrybran got 5 goals from 5 kicks as our most accurate goal-kicker on the day. Goose rounds out the top 5 with 22 disposals and 4 tackles.

5 votes - Riviat
4 votes - DenieD
3 votes - CatToTheFuture
2 votes - Barrybran
1 vote - GWS Goose

BnF - Round 17
BnFR17.png
Roys taught us a lesson right before finals by smashing us by 39 points. It wasn't a very pretty game but we had some standout performances. Brick was arguably best on ground with 26 disposals and 8 marks. NSWCROW got moved again by the coach into the midfield and had 7 tackles and a goal. Riviat got 27 disposals but had 6 free against as he was starting fight at every opportunity. Barry kicked 4 goals from 6 kicks, and bone2468 also moved into the midfield and gathered 20 disposals and a goal.

5 votes - Brick Loosener
4 votes - NSWCROW
3 votes - Riviat
2 votes - Barrybran
1 vote - bone2468

Best Forward Award
Before we get into the finals game lets do one of the last awards for tonight...

Best Gumbies Forward
champions league award GIF by FC Bayern Munich

Many Gumbies players this season moved through the forward line. Our forward line mainly featured Barrybran at full forward when he wasn't shafted to the bench for a breather. But there was another forward that was instrumental in many of our wins with their goal sneaking prowess from the pocket. One of the best forward pockets this season who also loved to push his way into Barry's spot on multiple occasions...

Dory_77

Congratulations Dory
happy mary poppins GIF

BnF - Qualifying Final
BnFQF.png
We went into the finals with big expectations on our shoulders of being the top team for most of the season, but those expectations weighed us down. There were some players that managed to stand up on the big stage and these were they: Rodney was easily our best player with 33 disposals and a goal. Brick gathered 27 disposals, but also racked up 7 free against. I kicked 4 goals from half-forward in one of my better games. bone2468 got 25 disposals and 4 marks, and Walker the star got 15 disposals and a goal coming off the bench.

5 votes - Rodney Dangerfield
4 votes - Brick Loosener
3 votes - DenieD
2 votes - bone2468
1 vote - WaLkEr_ThE_StAr

View attachment 1458265
We went into the finals with big expectations on our shoulders of being the top team for most of the season, but those expectations weighed us down. There were some players that managed to stand up on the big stage and these were they: Rodney was easily our best player with 33 disposals and a goal. Brick gathered 27 disposals, but also racked up 7 free against. I kicked 4 goals from half-forward in one of my better games. bone2468 got 25 disposals and 4 marks, and Walker the star got 15 disposals and a goal coming off the bench.

5 votes - Rodney Dangerfield
4 votes - Brick Loosener
3 votes - DenieD
2 votes - bone2468
1 vote - WaLkEr_ThE_StAr
I m getting run down for sure!

If you're just tuning in...
The current votes of players that can win the Best and Fairest

GWS Goose - 43 votes
Brick Loosener - 40 votes

This is going to be a close one...​

BnF - Semi Final
BnFSF.png
Roys beat us just 2 weeks before so they had the upper hand in this game from the get go. To be fair we weren't in it at all. We tried our best to make a comeback after half-time but the damage was done and we lost by 21 points, ending our season in straight sets. But this is the Gumbies best and fairest final game and it is heating up. GWS Goose was mediocre in this game and is unlikely to poll, so it is all down to whether Brick Loosener can get at least 3 votes or more to win.

And now the votes...​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, I thought I sucked.

Hey StFly: you sure did suck-diddly-uck this season.

Maybe you should have a medal named after you.

StFly Medal
StFly Medal
medal GIF by Maxxis Tyres

The StFly medal for the best clubman of Gumbies FFC for Season 33 goes to the poster that has flown the Gumbies flag at every opportunity and given this team everything they've got. This poster has been with this team for a long time and continues to demonstrate the utmost qualities of leadership. It is with great pleasure that I award the StFly medal to...

Barrybran

Way To Go Reaction GIF

Congratulations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back