Official Team Thread Gumbies FFC S33 Team Thread - Access DenieD - Congratulations Best and Fairest Winners GWS Goose and Brick Loosener

Remove this Banner Ad

0sCTFfh.png

Established: Season 04
Home Ground: The House of Gumby
Colours: Cobalt, Navy, White
Premierships: Season 16
Minor Premierships: S11, S18, S21, S31
Most Games Played: peterss (377)
Most Goals: winty (437)
Captain: DenieD

yYzZqav.png

0. Ned Ryerson
1. eDPS
2. EagleOz
3. GWS Goose (LG)
4. beez
5. Barrybran (VC)
6. Riviat (LG)
7. Spuddd
9. WaLkEr_ThE_StAr
10. DenieD (C)
16. NSWCROW
17. BlueE
20. bone2468
21. Rodney Dangerfield
22. Dory_77
29. saintkildaman
42. StFly
44. ossie_21 (R)
50. Aristotle Pickett
66. Brick Loosener
73. Supercheapgiants (R)
87. Grimesy87
99. CatToTheFuture (R)
TBA. Dayts (R)
TBA. Falconista (R)
TBA. miggs
TBA. Ned_Flanders

IN: DenieD (Coney Island Warriors), Aristotle Pickett (Roys FFC), Ned_Flanders (Fighting Furies), eDPS (Returning), CatToTheFuture (Rookie), Dayts (Rookie), Supercheapgiants (Rookie), Bulldogs85 (Rookie), ossie_21 (Rookie), Falconista (Rookie)

OUT: omgfridge (Gold City Royals), Party Gull (Las Vegas Bears), TalkingFootyNow1223 (delisted), wherearemykeys (delisted), Jivlain (retired), peterss (delisted), Bulldogs85 (delisted)

Last edited:
BnF - Round 12
BnFR12.png
Playing against the Warriors again after we beat them the first time seemed like it was going to be another victory, but we were wrong. It was close but in the 4th quarter we lost our steam and the legs caved out below us. It was also another wet and miserable game so that was just great for stats (not). Goose got 19 disposals and 5 tackles and probably was best on ground in a game where no one could see what was happening at all. Dory kicked 3 goals in the low scoring affair from just 4 kicks. Brick got 18 disposals on the wing, and Riviat got 15 disposals and 8 marks (impressive) in the centre. Rodney rounds out the top 5 with his 11 hitouts and 13 disposals.

5 votes - GWS Goose
4 votes - Dory_77
3 votes - Brick Loosener
2 votes - Riviat
1 vote - Rodney Dangerfield

Its a win for everyone if GWS Goose doesnt take it out
Everyone does love how gracefully I handle disappointment when filthy cheating campaigners rob me of what I have earned.

The Oh So Close Award
Oh So Close
little_hand_gesture_1600.jpg
The Oh So Close Award goes to the player that just missed out on Best and fairest votes by the smallest of margins. This player didn't just miss out once or twice. They missed out on votes a total of 4 times this season in games where they kicked multiple goals and were arguably one of our best players on the qooty field in those games.

And the winner is...

ossie_21

Had multiple games this season with 3 or 4 goal hauls that would have received votes if the rest of the team wasn't hogging the ball all the time. Congratulations ossie on this newly minted award.

BnF - Round 13
BnFR13.png
The start of our spiral downwards continued with a loss to the reigning premiers. Another team that we had beaten earlier in the season but our form slump was becoming an issue right around now. Falconista's move to the wing saw a sharp increase in his qooty skills, particularly shown off in this game with 19 disposals and a goal. Rodney kept trucking on in the ruck with 12 hitouts and 17 disposals. CatToTheFuture got 7 tackles in the midfield along with Goose who got 6 tackles. Riviat rounds out the top 5 with 14 disposals and a goal.

5 votes - Falconista
4 votes - Rodney Dangerfield
3 votes - CatToTheFuture
2 votes - GWS Goose
1 vote - Riviat

BnF - Round 14
BnFR14.png
Another loss and we tumbled down the ladder for the first time since round 5. It wasn't a terrible game by us, but we never quite got out of second gear and ended up losing by 17 points. Goose was our top disposal getter with 20, and also kicked 2 goals. StFly was brilliant in the backline with 17 disposals and 9 marks. Brick kicked 3 goals to go along with his 11 disposals. Supercheapgiants moved into the ruck mid-game and did really well with 13 hitouts and 2 goals to boot. CatToTheFuture rounds out the top 5 for the game with 15 disposals and a goal.

5 votes - GWS Goose
4 votes - StFly
3 votes - Brick Loosener
2 votes - Supercheapgiants
1 vote - CatToTheFuture

View attachment 1458208
Another loss and we tumbled down the ladder for the first time since round 5. It wasn't a terrible game by us, but we never quite got out of second gear and ended up losing by 17 points. Goose was our top disposal getter with 20, and also kicked 2 goals. StFly was brilliant in the backline with 17 disposals and 9 marks. Brick kicked 3 goals to go along with his 11 disposals. Supercheapgiants moved into the ruck mid-game and did really well with 13 hitouts and 2 goals to boot. CatToTheFuture rounds out the top 5 for the game with 15 disposals and a goal.

5 votes - GWS Goose
4 votes - StFly
3 votes - Brick Loosener
2 votes - Supercheapgiants
1 vote - CatToTheFuture
I just needed some one to go with me.

Oh So Close
View attachment 1458186
The Oh So Close Award goes to the player that just missed out on Best and fairest votes by the smallest of margins. This player didn't just miss out once or twice. They missed out on votes a total of 4 times this season in games where they kicked multiple goals and were arguably one of our best players on the qooty field in those games.

And the winner is...

ossie_21

Had multiple games this season with 3 or 4 goal hauls that would have received votes if the rest of the team wasn't hogging the ball all the time. Congratulations ossie on this newly minted award.

dunk fail GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best Gumby Rookie
Best Season 33 Gumbies Rookie
gumby GIF

In season 33 we had a large number of rookies make their way into our team and put on the clay guernseys. They all were great in their own ways and helped make this season feel different at Gumbies HQ. I want to thank all of them for taking part in joining Gumbies FFC for season 33 and I hope you all had as much fun as the rest of us. Now onto the verdict...

Dayts was neither seen nor heard, but I am sure he is a strapping young bloke. Supercheapgiants was a man possessed in a number of games this season and has polled well in the votes of Best and Fairest, but didn't quite have enough pizazz during match threads. Bulldogs85 was with us for 5/6 weeks and offered a lot and we were sad to see him retire. Hopefully he can return one day. ossie_21 has been a consistent contributor for us this season in match threads and has been a great player on the qooty field scoring many goals from the forward pocket as I previously stated in the Oh So Close Award. But it is fair to say that these other two rookies were a cut above.

Down to the final two

Falconista and CatToTheFuture have both been brilliant this season on and off the qooty field. Falconista has stuck his hand in everything Sweet-FA, his media has been phenomenal for a rookie and is already a well-known asset in the SFA landscape. However Falcon has only been with us for about 2/3rds of the season (not that you can blame him for that), but this is an award valued over the entire season. And so the rookie who has demonstrated quality match thread posting consistently over the entire season and has been a revelation on the qooty field after moving into the midfield...

Give it up for...

CatToTheFuture

People Clap GIF

gumby GIF

In season 33 we had a large number of rookies make their way into our team and put on the clay guernseys. They all were great in their own ways and helped make this season feel different at Gumbies HQ. I want to thank all of them for taking part in joining Gumbies FFC for season 33 and I hope you all had as much fun as the rest of us. Now onto the verdict...

Dayts was neither seen nor heard, but I am sure he is a strapping young bloke. Supercheapgiants was a man possessed in a number of games this season and has polled well in the votes of Best and Fairest, but didn't quite have enough pizazz during match threads. Bulldogs85 was with us for 5/6 weeks and offered a lot and we were sad to see him retire. Hopefully he can return one day. ossie_21 has been a consistent contributor for us this season in match threads and has been a great player on the qooty field scoring many goals from the forward pocket as I previously stated in the Oh So Close Award. But it is fair to say that these other two rookies were a cut above.

Down to the final two

Falconista and CatToTheFuture have both been brilliant this season on and off the qooty field. Falconista has stuck his hand in everything Sweet-FA, his media has been phenomenal for a rookie and is already a well-known asset in the SFA landscape. However Falcon has only been with us for about 2/3rds of the season (not that you can blame him for that), but this is an award valued over the entire season. And so the rookie who has demonstrated quality match thread posting consistently over the entire season and has been a revelation on the qooty field after moving into the midfield...

Give it up for...

CatToTheFuture

People Clap GIF
Falconista I feel like this is meaningful because of you.

Thanks

gumby GIF

Down to the final two

Give it up for...

CatToTheFuture

People Clap GIF
Very well deserved.
Congratulations.
Good bunch this year.

BnF - Round 15
BnFR15.png
#beez400 was a tremendous game where we broke so many record, the main one being beez never winning a milestone game. But we shattered that and won, beating the Demons by 26 points and keeping our top 4 chances alive. CatToTheFuture had a best on ground performance with 12 tackles, 29 disposals and a goal. Goose keeps playing big games and streaking away from the rest of the competition with 10 tackles, 26 disposals and 2 goals. Barry kicked 7 goals again (what is that 4 times exactly this season now?) from 9 kicks. Brick got 38 disposals and 11 marks, being a bit hard done by to get just 2 votes. Riviat rounds out the top 5 for the game with 35 disposals and 9 marks, also hard done by because so many players did so well this game.

5 votes - CatToTheFuture
4 votes - GWS Goose
3 votes - Barrybran
2 votes - Brick Loosener
1 vote - Riviat

gumby GIF

Down to the final two

Give it up for...

CatToTheFuture

People Clap GIF
Huge shout out to our rookies this season. Fantastic buy in from all of you and I hope you enjoyed yourselves. I hope to see you all back on board for season 34. I hope our friend Bulldogs85 is doing well as well.

BnF - Votes after R15
BnFR15Votes.png
Only 2 rounds to go + 2 finals games and it looks all but over... or is it...

GWS Goose leads out in front with 42 votes, 11 ahead of 2nd placed Brick Loosener with 31 votes. Rodney Dangerfield is just behind brick with 28 votes. CatToTheFuture trails a bit behind him with 22 votes, impressive for a first season player. Riviat is only just behind Cat by 2 with 20 votes. Barrybran is also there just 2 votes behind Riviat, on 18 votes.

View attachment 1458245
Only 2 rounds to go + 2 finals games and it looks all but over... or is it...

GWS Goose leads out in front with 42 votes, 11 ahead of 2nd placed Brick Loosener with 31 votes. Rodney Dangerfield is just behind brick with 28 votes. CatToTheFuture trails a bit behind him with 22 votes, impressive for a first season player. Riviat is only just behind Cat by 2 with 20 votes. Barrybran is also there just 2 votes behind Riviat, on 18 votes.
I get subbed out in the last couple games from memory, I expect to be run down again here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back