GWS v ACT Sat 12th Feb 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 18, 2008
Ainslie 2010 AFC !!
AFL Club
Richmond
http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/giants-in-the-act.html

young GWS hitout vs ACT - a fair spread of players from Ainslie, Belconnen, Eastlakes, Queanbeyan and Tuggeranong fcs:

http://www.seeyouatthefooty.com.au/detaile-desc.php?nid=223

cant wait!

and at my local too, very keen to have a look after last weeks narrow win vs restofsydneyexceptsydney

at the risk of being confused with the ACT Tourism board (if there is one) the canberra multicultural festival is on this weekend - 100+ food & drinks stalls plus various ethnic associations & performances all through the city plazas - if it doesnt rain too much is a fantastic event, otherwise is a fantastic wet event
http://www.multiculturalfestival.com.au/

-its seriously the ONLY time there is any bustle in Canberra - you sydneysiders will be right at home in a crowd, but with everyone having a cool time munching things they arent sure whats in and trying the exotic beers (always a big crowd at the German / Belgian / Polish tents, even if they are only selling sausages and saurkraut to go with excellent beers)
would be an excellent weekend / day trip - love to see how much orange turns up.

forgive if there is already a thred on this match, couldnt see it.

bit of discussion on the NSWACT board, but suprised doesnt seem to be on GWS...ignoring us Canberrans already? sheesh.

This should be good! I reckon it'll be a much better test of the players than the Sydney AFL game..
I'm hoping Isiah Stevens and Curtly Hampton get another run and kick more goals! Anyone know when Folau will be over his injury, or are they just resting him up til the NAB Cup?

ACT won: The youthful Giants were the victim of poor kicking, going down 8.19 (67) to 12.7 (79).

I watched the first half, Giants held a handy lead at that point, about 10 pts or so.

They had the kicking yips all game, starting with 0.6 in the first quarter (or something similar).

Obviously GWS are mostly kids, but it has to be said that the ACT boys looked only one or two years older, still, they've got a couple of years experience playing against men and it showed at times, I thought they were that bit harder in the first quarter.

I'd guess around 1,000 turned up.

Went out to listen to Sheeds at quarter time, always good value - that's always the best bit about watching practice games!

A few things I remember:
1. All eyes on me, if you're not looking at me, you're off the field.
2. Made positive example of a 16yo kid who was trialling and showing them all up.
3. "Make the ball do the work"

Issy showing a good example by watching and listening intently, even though he wasn't playing. He was all focus, Sheeds, the team board, he's sucking it all in - steep, steep learning curve.

GWS's poor kicking for goal can be matched by the ACT's poor foot skills around the ground in particular the 15 metre switches of play and kicking into the man on the mark which is to be expected due to only having trained 5 times together and most only starting using football with their respective clubs for 5-6 weeks.

What was surprising is that the ACT who were behind at 3/4 time came home and ran over GWS. For all the fitness work the GWS would have done many expected them to run away with the game.

The ground announcer said the crowd was 2500 people :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS have brought Crook and Mitch Daniher from AFL Canberra, and also Tim Barton and Rohan Bates from Sydney AFL, into their squad for tomorrow.

Does anyone know if Mitch Daniher is any relation to the four brothers that played under Sheeds at Essendon?

GWS have brought Crook and Mitch Daniher from AFL Canberra, and also Tim Barton and Rohan Bates from Sydney AFL, into their squad for tomorrow.

Does anyone know if Mitch Daniher is any relation to the four brothers that played under Sheeds at Essendon?

second cousin i think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back