Autopsy GWS vs Essendon 7/8/20 7.50PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Am enjoying the points and that we have a bye.

Oh and the melting on the main board that is hilarious.

We didn’t play anywhere near our best.
Everyone keeps mentioning the bye.

You know it's not a bye right

Freo played on the weekend, have a bye and play Monday :)

That's 7 days. Don't know why the even call it a bye

On CPH2009 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think part of the reason (other than it just being Shaw and not BT) that Roaming Heath is so much better than Roaming BT is that he actually talks to guys outside the top 3 of a club or those who had the best game. BT wouldn't even know those players' names.

Made hard work of it but got the win in the end, you are in the 8 now and can't fall out regardless of what the other teams do this round.

There are a lot of Giants players who are playing nowhere near their best, every one of them needs to improve their output by at least 15-20% as you head towards the finals.

Having Mummy in the team makes a huge difference too !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caution - Should have stopped after your first sentence!
There are some elements in society who are absolute spankers.

I am ashamed of these people who have been saying dreadful things about Ward and his child. It’s disgusting. They are clearly of low IQ and should not get any airtime.

That said, Ward dived. It was clearly play on.

Ward himself admitted to playing it up and exaggerating the contact to get a free. That makes him a cheat. Thats a hard truth to swallow guys.

Was this the difference between the teams?

We will never know.

I am ashamed of these people who have been saying dreadful things about Ward and his child. It’s disgusting. They are clearly of low IQ and should not get any airtime.

That said, Ward dived. It was clearly play on.

Ward himself admitted to playing it up and exaggerating the contact to get a free. That makes him a cheat. Thats a hard truth to swallow guys.

Was this the difference between the teams?

We will never know.

That said * off troll.

He never admitted to cheating there was contact to the head and he exaggerated. Which he did admit to and which every player does. Especially the drug cheats.

I guess all those performance enhancing drugs did have an effect on you and the club, if you can’t tell the difference

I find anyone who still supports the Bombers lecturing other supporters about their players potentially being a cheat beyond laughable.

OK, well that went south quickly! Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but best to post them on your own board or the main board if they are one-eyed.

Let's not drop to the level of the Bombers' fans.

Pretty short - or hypocritical - memories these Bombers fans. In the corresponding game last year, the Bombers rode home some pathetically one-sided umpiring to win against us from 19 points down in the last quarter. And were awarded a goal that clearly had been touched by Adam Kennedy but not overturned by the goal reviewers. Bombers' fans have no grounds to be so salty about this game; let alone believe that targetting a player's wife and children is in any civil society acceptable!

What a disgrace of a supporter group.
Truly feel sorry for the fans of that mob who just love their club and aren’t involved in this absolutely cowardly bullshit.
Unfortunately people of all walks of life do stuff like this. It is poor form.

I do have to say that I've read the Essendon autopsy thread on their board, and while there are Bombers fans complaining about Ward's action - and many trying to equate Shaw on Townsend (non free kick) - there are also a number who are clear-headed and discussing it reasonably (head over the ball, was hit high etc). I don't expect any Bombers fan to like the decision in as much as it sealed their loss, (and let's face it I complain about umpiring most weeks), but the fair-minded commentary from a proportion of their fans needs to be acknowledged.

OK, well that went south quickly! Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but best to post them on your own board or the main board if they are one-eyed.

Let's not drop to the level of the Bombers' fans.

Pretty short - or hypocritical - memories these Bombers fans. In the corresponding game last year, the Bombers rode home some pathetically one-sided umpiring to win against us from 19 points down in the last quarter. And were awarded a goal that clearly had been touched by Adam Kennedy but not overturned by the goal reviewers. Bombers' fans have no grounds to be so salty about this game; let alone believe that targetting a player's wife and children is in any civil society acceptable!

Most of us a more salty that we blew a 29 point lead...at 3/4 time....IN THE WET....

We shouldn't have even been in a position to let a dive affect the game....but we were.

Wards copping it in the public sphere, and rightly so like all stagers/divers/exaggerators should - obviously death threats against him and comments on his Child are beyond the pale and are frankly disgusting. And its not Just Essendon supporters like others here have mentioned.....

Some people forget at the end of the day its just a game...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back