Game Day 2023 Prelim Final - Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Friday 22 September, 7.50pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow is it just me is or Kingers really pissed about something, not the boys.

That presser was class by him but he looked like he was fuming.
Really pissed about losing Brett Daniels for the last 5 mins of the game due to a HIA test that wasn't really necessary absolutely killed the run around the ball with him missing

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow is it just me is or Kingers really pissed about something, not the boys.

That presser was class by him but he looked like he was fuming.
I think it was due to Daniels being taken off play for a Head Impact Assessment. That probably cost us the win given his quality - in addition to the numerous missed goal opportunities, as we just needed one to hit its target. It was a loss by only just ONE point, and Kingsley knows we had Collingwood’s measure and should have won it - especially when we were dominating.

GREATER Western Sydney coach Adam Kingsley has expressed his disappointment that Brent Daniels was taken from the field in a tense final quarter to undergo a Head Injury Assessment

We were really disappointed to lose Brent Daniels to a HIA assessment that he passed, comfortably, in the last five minutes of the game, which hurt us around the ball, a little bit of leg speed, some overlap run, so that's extremely disappointing," Kingsley said.

I think it was due to Daniels being taken off play for a Head Impact Assessment. That probably cost us the win given his quality - in addition to the numerous missed goal opportunities, as we just needed one to hit its target. It was a loss by only just ONE point, and Kingsley knows we had Collingwood’s measure and should have won it - especially when we were dominating.

GREATER Western Sydney coach Adam Kingsley has expressed his disappointment that Brent Daniels was taken from the field in a tense final quarter to undergo a Head Injury Assessment

We were really disappointed to lose Brent Daniels to a HIA assessment that he passed, comfortably, in the last five minutes of the game, which hurt us around the ball, a little bit of leg speed, some overlap run, so that's extremely disappointing," Kingsley said.

Should've done a Port and just take the fine.

I somehow feel worse this morning as it all sinks in. I hope the players support each other and celebrate their achievement.
Yeah. :(

Even if the Lions make it through, I don't relish a game full of Collingwood supporters next week.

Hold your heads high Giants you came within 1 point of beating the best team in the league and if Toby had have got an extra metre on that kick you would’ve won the game. It really was a game of inches. The pressure and intensity of the contest was the best I’ve seen in years. Went with my Giants supporting mate last night and sat in the Giants members section wow has your fan base grown! The amount of noise from your fans was unbelievable! I was pissed about the non calls your way(high tackles and holding the balls) there were some blatant calls missed. All in all though what an incredible turnaround from being 3-7 to making a prelim. Definitely a great season that you can build on next year. Best of luck for next year Giants would love to see you hold up the cup next year.

More about the Daniels HIA - Kingsley will seek clarification from the AFL, but it was a key moment as he was out for the last 7 minutes of the game

GWS coach Adam Kingsley has criticised the decision to remove Brent Daniels from the preliminary final for a concussion test after an incident which will see Collingwood star Nick Daicos scrutinised by the MRO.

Daicos is unlikely to face suspension, but his tackle on the speedy Giants forward midway through the final term will certainly be examined after Daniels’ head was driven into
the ground.

The tackle came from behind into Daniels’ back rather than any slinging motion, and he remained out on the field for seven minutes of play before the Giants’ club doctor made the decision to take him off the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More about the Daniels HIA - Kingsley will seek clarification from the AFL, but it was a key moment as he was out for the last 7 minutes of the game

GWS coach Adam Kingsley has criticised the decision to remove Brent Daniels from the preliminary final for a concussion test after an incident which will see Collingwood star Nick Daicos scrutinised by the MRO.

Daicos is unlikely to face suspension, but his tackle on the speedy Giants forward midway through the final term will certainly be examined after Daniels’ head was driven into
the ground.

The tackle came from behind into Daniels’ back rather than any slinging motion, and he remained out on the field for seven minutes of play before the Giants’ club doctor made the decision to take him off the ground

Can understand being fired up straight after the game but if the doc has made the call, you have to live with it. Just hope that all club docs are similarly brave in making those calls

Brilliant game by your boys you have a massive new fan in my 7 year old son (Loves Toby Green). My son who was in tears after the game only if Lachie Aish gave the handball to Toby Green, you guys should be mighty proud of your club and Adam Kingsley brilliant season

Robbed by the Toby Tax yet again. Have the search party found his head yet.
Had a few chances to stitch it up but overall a great effort against the odds.

Unfortunate loss. Can’t help to think if Maynard wasn’t playing with his experience/leadership, and somebody else was on the ground, youz woulda won.

Any of the other non-big Vic clubs wouldn’t have had the media/fans presence and pressure on the AFL.

Ahh the Big Vic bias…

On the one hand, to get within a point of a team as good as Collingwood, on their home ground, on a 6 day turnaround versus two weeks for them... I couldn't be prouder of the guys.

On the other hand... a point? That hurts. That really, really hurts.

But, it's hard to make the GF from the bottom half of the eight, otherwise it would happen more often. Hopefully the guys will take the disappointment of tonight and channel it into maintaining the past few months' form for the whole of the 2024 H&A season, so that we can be better placed for a tilt. We're not going to lose any important pieces in the trade period, Cadman will have another pre-season to work on his bulk and craft, so barring injuries (always in the back of the mind with us!), there's no reason why it can't be us next year.

Thanks to everyone from all the other teams who were cheering for the Giants last night! I like to think that we've turned a corner this year in terms of how people perceive us.

Hope you don't mind the intrusion but Finn Callaghan has all the makings of a faster Marcus Bontempelli. Very much looking forward to watching his development over the coming years.

Daniels was off for the last few minutes due to concerns of a head injury
club doctors looked at it and cleared him but some afl numpty up in the arc said he had to come off. who was in the arc that he knows better than the club doctors? put that on top of the non paid frees in the last quarter... lets just say the AFL, and Gil ( thunderbird 2) are very happy with the result. ... really sucks for you guys, but it was written before the first bounce.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back