Preview 2023 Prelim Final - Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Friday 22 September, 7.50pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

If we make it my advice is don’t miss it. Even though I have always been a Freo supporter from where I grew up, I started supporting this club in 2012 when I moved to sydney and still wanted to go to live games. I didn’t really like the swans that much so I jumped on the new team. And have been a member ever since.

Freo is a great club, but the access and the passion that is in the supporter base of the giants is a really special thing to be a part of: I guess it’s a smaller supporter base so the club can go a little bit more personal…. But they “don’t have to”.

I never forget taking my then 4 year old to her first game. And we went to giants HQ to the team store to buy her some gear. While she was trying some stuff on, Leon Cameron walked through to leave the building. He was in deep conversation with someone. He saw my daughter in the shop and excused himself from the person he was talking to, walked over and spent a good 10 mins chatting with Autumn, and giving her high fives. She has never forgotten it.

My advice is if we make it don’t miss it, because the club will make sure it’s an experience you will never forget.

And the first beer will be on me

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Second this.

the best team will win on the day - we've beaten Collingwood under these conditions before - we have alot of things going right at the moment - if it's our time - it's our time :)

and those tears will be delicious ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That looks not great? Maybe he's under orders from the medical staff to not strenuously use it throughout training but man he's not doing much of anything outside of sticking his arm in the air. Hopefully, a couple of days recovery and a big jab does him so good because that looks worse than I thought.

If anyone gets bored of Netflix tonight and wants some real entertainment

Come and join my in celebrating “Salty cyclops” in the Toby Greene thread in the main board

Clearly a dogs supporter and the tears are delicious

Cooper and the Giants media team are taking this up another level - just like our team in the field! On another note, the recent spate of media promos would indicate that Cooper Hamilton is getting his contract extended when it expires this year?
You'd have to think so, wouldn't you? It would be a bit perverse to get rid of him after essentially making him the "face of finals" for us?

I apologise is anyone on here thinks I was immature over there…. Or if I cop a ban for Prelim week.

But I’m very protective of Toby. Have met him on multiple occasions, and he has had to work so hard to become the man and leader he is today: and to turn his behaviour around.

I just can’t handle people paying that much disrespect. Look the odd comment is water of a ducks back. But that idiot was arguing with everyone on the main board about how Toby is a fake somehow. And everyone on THE MAIN BOARD were disagreeing with him but he kept going.

He wasn’t even on the giants board and had 100% disagreements against him.
Anyway. Triggered

PS. Got my ballot in

Go giants ! Good night

ca269a6d09c22ba248038c3b945b8bb7.jpg

If anyone gets bored of Netflix tonight and wants some real entertainment

Come and join my in celebrating “Salty cyclops” in the Toby Greene thread in the main board

Clearly a dogs supporter and the tears are delicious

Or just a Pies nuffie worried about Toby leading the Giants to victory on Friday night!

Either way, his head is firmly entrenched up his ass!

You'd have to think so, wouldn't you? It would be a bit perverse to get rid of him after essentially making him the "face of finals" for us?

To be fair CH is a really good player. He has had injuries and can’t break into this current team/.

But we don’t want to let him go: and could easily be the media face of the giants too

Or just a Pies nuffie worried about Toby leading the Giants to victory on Friday night!

Either way, his head is firmly entrenched up his ass!

Yeah might go edit my comment about him being a dogs supporter haha. But his constant Bontempelli comments made me think otherwise

I love how he is arguing with loads of fans that arnt even giants supporters and still disagrees with him

I love how he is arguing with loads of fans that arnt even giants supporters and still disagrees with him
Yes, surprisingly there's some non-GWS posters adamantly defending Tobes.

I just laugh at it. Tobes would shrug and not care - he would just let his footy on the field do the talking for him.

Bont led a team that should have been top-4 to an early vacation. Tobes led a team that many had as a bottom 4 team to a PF. That shows pretty clearly who's been better able to inspire his team to do great things.

I'd love GWS to beat Collingwood to demonstrate to this nuffie just what Tobes can inspire - of course, is not all on Toby, there's lots of factors needed to go right to win in the circumstances that exist. But I'm quite certain that Toby leading the boys elevates their odds!

That looks not great? Maybe he's under orders from the medical staff to not strenuously use it throughout training but man he's not doing much of anything outside of sticking his arm in the air. Hopefully, a couple of days recovery and a big jab does him so good because that looks worse than I thought.
There would be players on non contact every other week for various reasons

Certainly not ideal but not unusual

Bartel with his assessment of the game - whilst Collingwood will be favourites, their fans will be concerned at our form and also remember how we beat them in our last PF and destroyed their dream Collingwood-Richmond GF prospect.

They're wetting the bed. They're shitting the bed," Bartel said of Collingwood's passionate fans on Nine's Yesterday's Heroes podcast.

"They've got feelings of 2019 (preliminary final loss to GWS). Collingwood supporters, they get on the defensive."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back