Preview 2nd Elimination Final 2023 - St Kilda Saints v GWS Giants, 3.20 pm 9 September, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Just move on. We don’t need Bedford to beat the saints and he’ll come back hungry against port next weekend.

XO straight into the side

Taylor Callaghan and XO for Bedford, Angwin and McMullen and Haynes stays as sub.
I reckon at the MCG our best two way runner would be very important and necessary. We must exhaust all options to get him in.

We are 11-5 when Bedford plays
We are 2-5 when Bedford doesn’t play

Bedford is the number 1 pressure player in the comp. arguably one of our most important and underrated players . Nuff said take it to the appeals board and fight!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
worth noting that most of the games he missed were front end when we as a team were still learning the systems, he was also out with Daniels v Port which was a double blow.
But agree, he is important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we give far more “footy” detail and insight into our case… for example:
1. Watch the footage closely and you’ll see he clearly decelerates in his last step… which indicates a shepherd action.
2. He actually steps across him, rather than “through” him which speaks to the lesser force used.
3. He actually rotates and has his back towards him… which also speaks to the shepherding action and less force used.
4. There is no clear evidence to show that he even got him in the head.
4. If the AFL’s case is it “could” cause damage (which it was), then the counter is simply that there is not enough force through this footballing action to cause enough damage that would warrant a suspension.
And this is evident as his scans revealed no damage.

It’s really hard to see how we could lose this… they just need to argue with relevant details!

In all my time following footy I can never remember an incident which has close to 100% support of it being an unfair outcome. Players, journos, oppo fans all saying this is not right.

Just a moron from the AFL, a lawyer and this AFL panel the only people that deem it worthy of missing a final…it’s really quite unprecedented.

This simply has to be overturned, I’d dead set get an injunction for him to play, any other outcome would be a complete miscarriage of justice.

I hope we give far more “footy” detail and insight into our case… for example:
1. Watch the footage closely and you’ll see he clearly decelerates in his last step… which indicates a shepherd action.
2. He actually steps across him, rather than “through” him which speaks to the lesser force used.
3. He actually rotates and has his back towards him… which also speaks to the shepherding action and less force used.
4. There is no clear evidence to show that he even got him in the head.
4. If the AFL’s case is it “could” cause damage (which it was), then the counter is simply that there is not enough force through this footballing action to cause enough damage that would warrant a suspension.
And this is evident as his scans revealed no damage.

It’s really hard to see how we could lose this… they just need to argue with relevant details!
I hope someone at GWS reads this. Great post.

What’s most corrupt is the Giants asked for one extra day (Monday was offered by the AFL) Giants said give us Tuesday to prepare (remember we played Sunday night).
Then the AFL pushed the case a week forward to the Following Monday because prosecutors were “away on holidays”! WTF, this is a billion $ industry and its leading into finals time! Not good enough AFL. Now we wait till Thursday only 2 days out from our first final!!!
What an absolute disgrace and corrupt organisation.

If this was a big Vic club fighting this charge!! They’d be burning down AFL house.
Vfl trying very hard to eliminate us from finals to increase their revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back