Unofficial Preview 2nd Elimination Final 2023 - St Kilda v GWS Giants, 3.20 pm 9 September, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I think (delusionally believe) that Bedford will get off on appeal. The angle they showed on first crack shows him looking at the play and he gets him primarily on the shoulder.

I think we can safely assume Bedford won't be playing.

XOH can take his spot.
Agreed. Not because he should miss, but because this is the VFL we're talking about here, you can almost guarantee he wont be playing regardless of the evidence for/against.

XOH can fill that pressure forward role, he was excellent before his injury.

By the way, does anyone know when the Bedford appeal is actually taking place?

Agreed. Not because he should miss, but because this is the VFL we're talking about here, you can almost guarantee he wont be playing regardless of the evidence for/against.

XOH can fill that pressure forward role, he was excellent before his injury.

By the way, does anyone know when the Bedford appeal is actually taking place?
Tonight from 6?

If Bedford makes contact to the neck area this is deemed as high (high=above shoulders). We may have to argue it was shoulder contact.
Otherwise need get it changed from medium impact to low impact.

To me it just looks a really good solid bump and Fisher wasn’t expecting the contact which is why he went down so easily. I even think Toby was expecting more impact from Fisher.
Anyways it’s the VFL and we aren’t Sydney or Carlton so we are probably screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Our injury list and predicted return dates - Taylor, Callaghan, XOH and Haynes are listed as Tests, in addition to Bedford’s suspension

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Leek Aleer Toe Season
Toby Bedford Suspension Week two of finals
Finn Callaghan Achilles Test
Max Gruzewski Foot Season
Cooper Hamilton Foot Season
Nick Haynes Illness Test
Darcy Jones Knee Season
Adam Kennedy Knee Season
Xavier O'Halloran Thumb Test
Sam Taylor Hamstring Test

Toby Bedford's tribunal scheduled for next Monday at 2pm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our injury list and predicted return dates - Taylor, Callaghan, XOH and Haynes are listed as Tests, in addition to Bedford’s suspension

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Leek AleerToeSeason
Toby BedfordSuspensionWeek two of finals
Finn CallaghanAchillesTest
Max GruzewskiFootSeason
Cooper HamiltonFootSeason
Nick HaynesIllnessTest
Darcy JonesKneeSeason
Adam KennedyKneeSeason
Xavier O'HalloranThumbTest
Sam TaylorHamstringTest

O'Halloran and Haynes are the two most likely to be available for the Saints game.

From all the angles Fox showed during On the Couch, I can't see any high contact, it's just shoulder to shoulder. Fishers head movement was because the hit was unexpected. It wasn't an ignore the ball sheperd which they don't seem to like. It is what juniors are coached to do.

I agree, I just can’t see how there was intent in that. Buckley stood up for him. And
Jordan Lewis sounded Sad. He sounded like he 100% doesn’t think Toby did anything wrong but feels like the way the rules are written that he won’t get off

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have my tickets. P15, looks like third level, around midfield. Ticked the "Giants supporter" box, so hopefully there's a few others there as well. I've been in a couple of one-sided crowds at the MCG, none more than the PF against Richmond in 2017.
Lots of talk on FB Giants messenger thingy about seat allocation. Seems there’s one bay that they are all sitting in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back