Preview 2nd Elimination Final 2023 - St Kilda Saints v GWS Giants, 3.20 pm 9 September, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

they finally realised it was a different Toby and apologised profusely for the confusion and reversed the decision.
The give away was getting Demetriou to announce the suspension - "one week, Toby... Bedford."

Team:

FB: Jack Buckley, Sam Taylor, Connor Idun
HB: Lachie Ash, Harry Himmelberg, Lachie Whitfield
C: Finn Callaghan, Tom Green, Josh Kelly
HF: Toby Bedford, Jake Riccardi, Brent Daniels
FF: Daniel Lloyd, Jesse Hogan, Toby Greene
RR: Kieren Briggs, Callan Ward, Stephen Coniglio

Interchange: Isaac Cumming, Harry Perryman, Lachlan Keeffe, Callum Brown

Emergencies: Nick Haynes, Ryan Angwin, Xavier O’Halloran, Braydon Preuss

In: Sam Taylor, Finn Callaghan
Out: Ryan Angwin, Toby McMullin (omitted)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just dropping by to say best of luck this weekend. Thump them and go on and win the whole damn thing (especially if you get the chance to send port out in straight sets)...oh and justice was had at the tribunal with young bedford..never ever should have copped a ban for that. I am still seething mcadam got a ridiculously long one earlier this year (i know it was against you guys but he was treated to a very different standard than the vics that did worse that same weekend)

Go giants

Probably our best team of 2023 named. We are at full strength.

If we minimise their intercept marking and turnover game in the back half we can go a long way to winning this.

I still think we need to invest some time into Sinclaire. I would like to see perryman go to him and harrass him out of the contest. IMO it is his outside work that is damaging so if we force him into the coalface because he is smothered on the outside that would be a great win for us.

Pez on the outside and ward on the inside.

This is the first time since 2016 that we have been at (or near enough to) full strength, adn back then our side was just a bunch of kids.

Ive always wanted to hit a final series with a healthy list.

Probably our best team of 2023 named. We are at full strength.

If we minimise their intercept marking and turnover game in the back half we can go a long way to winning this.

I still think we need to invest some time into Sinclaire. I would like to see perryman go to him and harrass him out of the contest. IMO it is his outside work that is damaging so if we force him into the coalface because he is smothered on the outside that would be a great win for us.

Pez on the outside and ward on the inside.
Sincs, Hill and Nas Wanganeen are the architects of our game. They get going and we're in this but stop that run and we're stuffed.

Apols if I'm not allowed here

Sincs, Hill and Nas Wanganeen are the architects of our game. They get going and we're in this but stop that run and we're stuffed.

Apols if I'm not allowed here
True and all are great players. I picked Sinc because I thought he was the most consistently damaging

Saints game was our first game with Briggs in the team and after that we only lost 3 more games.

That team has Cadman, Peatling, Fleeton, Haynes, Angwin, CO with Wardy as sub
Replacing them is Taylor, Keefe, Cumming, Brown, Lloyd and Ward in what is a very settled side.

We are ranked in 1st by champion data’s power ranking and the saints 13th. A lot of the analysis and “premiership window” talk uses metrics across the full season and therefore tends to discount us as a chance of going deep but if you look at it over the past 13 weeks, finals experience and player availability we are far better placed than we were in 2019.

Attachments

• IMG_4249.jpeg
    IMG_4249.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 34
Just dropping by to say best of luck this weekend. Thump them and go on and win the whole damn thing (especially if you get the chance to send port out in straight sets)...oh and justice was had at the tribunal with young bedford..never ever should have copped a ban for that. I am still seething mcadam got a ridiculously long one earlier this year (i know it was against you guys but he was treated to a very different standard than the vics that did worse that same weekend)

Go giants
Thank you, also best of luck for 2024. Also If Phil Davis is I'm commission, that might help you guys as well somehow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back