Media Hall of Fame - Season 17 Inductions

Remove this Banner Ad

It is with great pleasure that I announce, on behalf of the committee, the two inductions to the SFA Hall of Fame for Season 17.

The Hall of Fame was initiated in S13. It began with 6 inducted members. The intentions of those who created it were to add 2 further inductees for each future season.

CURRENT HALL OF FAME

boncer34 (HoF S13, Immortal S16)
Mobbenfuhrer (HoF S13, Immortal S16)
Fred (HoF S13)
Ljp86 (HoF S13)
Deestroy (HoF S13)
EKA (HoF S13)
rfctigerarmy (HoF S14)
dougthelegend (HoF S14)
Wally (HoF S15)
Pie 4 Life (HoF S15)
Broken (HoF S16)
Tarkyn_24 (HoF S16)

Today we announce our 13th and 14th inductees. My vision for the HoF sees the quota dropping to one per season once we reach as many inductees as seasons. But that is something to discuss down the path.

HOW WE VOTED

First, we took nominations from the SFA public. The committee then worked on a shortlist to vote off. The shortlist contained 4 posters. Each club ranked the 4 members 1-4 and the two with the lowest scores (golf style) were inducted.

INDUCTIONS

S17 HoF INDUCTEE - Itsmyshow

Itsmyshow has been a tremendous force in the SFA for quite some time.

Before this season, IMS had played 170 games for 2962 disposals (17.4av).

Itsmyshow has had a presence at several clubs. He started his career at the Mod Squad, moved to the Roys and is now a prominent poster at the Hawks.

To some, it will be a surprise that IMS did not come a close third in the voting for HoF induction. IMS has been a regular Mobbs Medal vote poller, but has not yet managed to win the award. His Qooty work has been outstanding.

Off the field, IMS has had a massive influence. He was a long-term captain and is particularly synonymous with the Hawks. IMS is a brilliant warrior in the match threads and has always had a league wide presence. His media work is notable, particularly with the inception of "The Flogcutters," a group that caused a massive storm in their initial form and were well respected in their second and third coming.

Congratulations to Itsmyshow on his induction into the SFA Hall of Fame.

S17 HoF INDUCTEE - ClarkeM

"Grow up. Play fantasy football and podcast about it."

His signature sums him up really.

Clarkey has had a decorated fantasy career. Before S18, ClarkeM had knocked up 203 games for 3316 disposals (16.3av) and 120 goals.

It's a long career that has reaped rewards for the premiership player. Despite his success, he started poorly. He joined the Demons and was forced to seek a move to the Wonders (where he has remained ever since).

ClarkeM's greatest off-field achievement is arguably the development of the SFA podcasts. It was an idea that many had spoken about but few had managed to explore. ClarkeM set up and developed the podcast, which became a regular feature last season. It was innovative and entertaining.

But his posting has never been limited to media work. He has contributed heavily in match threads since his debut. He always speaks his mind about contentious issues and doesn't mind speaking out against posters that he likes. He has contributes as a player, a captain, a poster and a media performer.

Congratulations on your induction.

I take it I must've narrowly missed out in the voting process? Well, I think its fair though that ClarkeM and Itsmyshow probably should have got the nod before myself given their extensive work in the league. Congrats guys well earned and deserved :thumbsu:

Wow!! Thank you to everyone, pretty stoked with this to tell you the truth, a massive honour that I will certainly add to my mantelpiece. I feel very lucky considering the field of eligible candidates, especially Frankston Rover who must have been terribly close and is a monty for future addition. Also congrats to my little ferret mate ClarkeM

Cheers flogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Boys Club in full effect.

*joke*

Congrats to both guys -- well deserved. Commiserations to the losers, you know who you are. ;)

I did everything I could to not let ClarkeM get in, it was for his own safety, to allow his head to get bigger would mean more chances of multiple unknown concussions. However he prevailed.

Well done to Both ClarkeM and Itsmyshow. Both very deserving entrants.

For the two that missed out, well as been mentioned already you are both future Hall of Famers.

As a poster, Itsmyshow is the one that I have tried to emulate most. boncer34 has always thought it was him but it was always IMS. His ability to match antagonism with humour with intelligence with wit...His ability to make an argument or break one. His ability to match it with any poster or posting style. When in opposition to IMS he can be many things. He knows when to flick the antagonism switch on and off. He takes the game the right way. He has never cared about his reputation and is willing to stick his neck out there with the risk that someone might try and cut it off. But it's that ability to mix so many different posting styles together that I admired. Since my retirements (S15 onwards), I feel like my biggest improvement came from emulating, in a way, IMS' style. The beauty of IMS is that he is so opinionated, so he is never going to agree with or get along with everyone all at once. We have had a few dust-ups over the journey, particularly with regards to The Flogcutters Version 1 (IMO, my best SFA media article was an investigative piece into the Flogcutters a few seasons back which he hated) and recruiting established players from within the SFA. But his ability to argue the point, get fired up, but keep that confined to that discussion is pure class. He is willing to disagree with well respected posters and agree with unpopular posters if that's what he believes. He was never one of the sheep. And that's why I respected him. I have always rated IMS in the top handful of posters in the SFA. At his best, he was my favourite. This is, possibly, the only time you will see me writing such nice stuff about him though. I generally prefer to keep things edgy with him, as that is when we are both at our best.

As a poster, ClarkeM is a massive flog. Perennially overrated, Clarkey has been inducted purely because of the $600 bank transfer that he sent me earlier in the week. If you were wondering why these inductions which were planned for the start of the season took so long, the delay in receiving the money explains it.

Well done ClarkeM and Itsmyshow.

The greatest satisfaction comes from the fact Frankston Rover didn't get the nod. IMS was way out ahead of him for actually showing passion to the league and not disappearing and then coming back after others had done all the hard work building it into the wonderful community it is today.

It will be a very long time before FR gets in if I have any say in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back