News Harley Bennell - Ends at Freo in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

And, it's a damn shame we have yet to see Walters and Bennell in the same side. They could really do some damage if they got their groove on...especially if spending time forward or rotating through the midfield - both have tremendous skill and great tanks. The sad part is once again Bennell has had an interrupted pre-season due to 'indiscretion' and calf issues (!), not sure if he'll be fit for JLT 2 or even considered at this stage (bit of management). Also the Peel pre-season games are the 17th and 24th. The 24th is our Round 1 match, so unless he's defo not being pencilled in for that - maybe that's his next route back in. Would be awesome to get him out for Round 1 though - I know match fitness might be an issue but he oozes so much class, look at those individual things he did against Essendon when we were in poor form, that ballet-like side step around two bedazzled Essendon defenders late in the 3rd where he almost scored a wonderfully creative goal and then the eventual goal which was just eye candy and razzle-dazzle as only Bennell seems to know how. Itching to get this guy out there for us.....c'mon Footy Gods, cut us some slack - we deserve a bloody break! :rolleyes::p:moustache:

I don't know but all this great hope put on Bennell performing miracles seems a bit much.
I don't think he would be afforded the luxury of slipping under the radar at Freo as he did at the GC.
Don't get me wrong I would love to see him kill it but I am not backing the farm on it.

Today’s D day?

When HB meets with the freo leadership / mgmt to sign off on if he’s done enough to earn his way back in??

Would imagine it would line up with a recovery session at the club today following yesterday’s game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today’s D day?

When HB meets with the freo leadership / mgmt to sign off on if he’s done enough to earn his way back in??

Would imagine it would line up with a recovery session at the club today following yesterday’s game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The timing is interesting being just a couple of weeks out from the season proper. Very curious to see how this pans out from here.

If he is fit I don't see why he couldn't come straight into the Rnd1 side with one WAFL game under his belt.

He will have served his punishment so no need to punish further.

Ross is on the record saying that Harley doesn't need games to build in to good form he just naturally has it. (Or something along those lines anyway).

Don't get me wrong.. runs on the board wouldn't hurt. I might be way off the mark tho and he's out til mid season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And, it's a damn shame we have yet to see Walters and Bennell in the same side ...

Damn straight. And it's easy to forget that as good as Walters is, Bennell is even better.

At full fitness, Bennell would be our second best player. We can't really expect that due to his various issues, but it's hard not to imagine how good it would be to actually happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back