Recommitted Harry McKay [re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

No such thing as a War Chest.

Also it's pretty obvious that Richmond's supporter 'Intel' was clearly a lie/trolling both sets of supporters. (Most amusing so many got sucked in)

He is staying at Carlton, loves the place and his teammates.

The Blues are having another list clean out at end of the season with the likes of Murphy, SPS, Dow, Lob and at least 3 more players either retiring/traded or delisted.

We can and will pay him what is management wants, 2 years that will take him into Free Agency.

The Blues will have enough spare for Zach Merrett too..

BOOO YEAHHHH..

Very rare a player like Harry McKay leaves a club that drafted him with a top pick and developed and payed him well to leave

It would have to be a 'Monster Offer' for him to leave

How daring are North & Essendon prepared to be ?

$1 mil a year is not going to get him to leave as carlton's offer will also be around that range and if pushed will pay that

Very rare a player like Harry McKay leaves a club that drafted him with a top pick and developed and payed him well to leave

It would have to be a 'Monster Offer' for him to leave

How daring are North & Essendon prepared to be ?

$1 mil a year is not going to get him to leave as carlton's offer will also be around that range and if pushed will pay that

2 year deal. Blues fans should be upset?

Was never in doubt. Smartly played by Harry and his manager. Can absolutely extract every last cent out them at FA time and if by the end of those 2 years Carlton are still in the doldrums he can look elsewhere

Why? Takes him to free agency which every player in his position would do? Would be dum to sign for longer

Personally if I were offered >$1m per year with the security of a longer term contract I would take that at his age. You'd basically set yourself up for life and could have another tilt at free agency at age 28/29. Essentially getting free agency money before you're eligible for free agency.

Would have loved if he agreed to North's offer but the blues have done well here I reckon. If things aren't working the way they intended in a couple years they'll get a bloody decent compo pick for him.

Why? Takes him to free agency which every player in his position would do? Would be dum to sign for longer
He's joking, the quoted poster made a fool of himself in the Ben McKay thread by claiming a 2 year deal was bad for the Roos.

2 years for Harry and the Blues is the best outcome for both, well done by Carlton to get the deal done despite North and Essendon throwing the cheque book at him.

He's joking, the quoted poster made a fool of himself in the Ben McKay thread by claiming a 2 year deal was bad for the Roos.

2 years for Harry and the Blues is the best outcome for both, well done by Carlton to get the deal done despite North and Essendon throwing the cheque book at him.
Ahh okay went right over my head then hahahah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry McKay will be on SEN at 10.45 am today...for those interested ..
Good interview. Spoke very well. Seems like a good steady headed bloke.

Also glad he mentioned the brother thing.
One thing that really sh*ts me about Bigfooty is the ridiculous assumption that brothers want to play together.
Its utter nonsense. These are professional adults. Not auskickers.

He said something along the lines of "we spent enough time together for 18 years, not sure we want to spend any more time together and wed probably fight".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back