Recommitted Harry McKay [Re-signs through to end of 2030]

Remove this Banner Ad

Restricted free agent at the end of 2023, timed to coincide with his twin Ben.

Lots of interest in him, and supposedly North are willing to pay a premium price for him according to some whispers in the media (see below).

Carlton fans obviously won't want to see him go, but at the same time if he is going to leave, getting pick #1 for him is the absolute best deal you'll ever get.

A situation to watch, for sure.

1663150102748.png

Restricted free agent at the end of 2023, timed to coincide with his twin Ben.

Lots of interest in him, and supposedly North are willing to pay a premium price for him according to some whispers in the media (see below).

Carlton fans obviously won't want to see him go, but at the same time if he is going to leave, getting pick #1 for him is the absolute best deal you'll ever get.

A situation to watch, for sure.

View attachment 1508156
"Timed to coincide with his brother Ben"

As twins who were drafted in the same year they obviously hit free agency at the same time.

Not sure how anyone can see it as shrewd piece of tiing.

"Timed to coincide with his brother Ben"

As twins who were drafted in the same year they obviously hit free agency at the same time.

Not sure how anyone can see it as shrewd piece of tiing.

Either of them could have had contracts go beyond their first chance for free agency.

Mitch Lewis did that this year.

Carlton wouldn't even do McKay for pick 1, let alone the possibility he wants to come to us when he's a free agent next year and he spent all those years with Carlton when they were crap and starting to get better now.

If Carlton miss finals again and Roos rise up the ladder it may change things.

Sydney all over him
It will be interesting to see if the media jump up and down how the good clubs are getting star players from the sh1t teams, also funny to see if they run over there salary cap with a fine tooth comb.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

A 204 cm massive power KPF, Colman medalist , 25 yrs of age approaching his peak Certainly don’t grow on trees.
Compensation would have to be astronomical.

A 204 cm massive power KPF, Colman medalist , 25 yrs of age approaching his peak Certainly don’t grow on trees.
Compensation would have to be astronomical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they do in fact turn out to be different people I still can't see either of them changing clubs

Seriously now, Harry’s new contract extension details will be announced soon.
It'll be impressive accounting from Carlton's salary cap managers if you pay him what he is worth!

It'll be impressive accounting from Carlton's salary cap managers if you pay him what he is worth!
Is it? According to all the nuffies in the Carlton Salary Cap thread he isn't even that good and isn't worth 800k a year because his best attribute is he's tall

Would be perfect for Richmond and keep them in the window once Riewoldt retires.
Only way it could possibly work is if Richmond backended his deal so he plays for less upfront (Riewoldt/Cotchin salaries in 2024), and then from 2025 onwards basically takes Dusty's contract effectively*

*Note I don't think in any way it is actually happening, but it's fun to speculate how it could work.

If I'm Collingwood, I'm saving the McStay money & would be going all out for Harry McKay this year or next.

Hard to see him leaving. We are starting to come good, strong midfield and great combo with Charlie. He'll get paid well, enough to survive.

He will have some monster offers on the table from other clubs which anyone would have a look at but I'd still be confident he signs a long term deal at Carlton. Charlie signed for 7 years, Cripps signed for the rest of his career, Walsh until 2026, Weitering until 2025 - with Harry they are our big 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back