Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect there are some big name Hollywood figures amongst all that. Peter Jackson made the list.

There are some there i've never seen, i'll have to see if i can download buy them.
I know that just about all of Troma's titles are available for a small charge, direct from Troma.

If you're on a hunt don't forget your brolly!!

Democracy without boundaries isn't democracy, it's anarchy.

We'll head that way if we're not careful, 'without boundaries' is a consequence of 'no consequence' liberalism. < By that I mean there is no deterrent / discipline for ill doing.

ANY societal model MUST have law and order or social elements if you will, otherwise .............

People always form groups.
Our political system is based on a heap of individual representatives, but in practice they form a couple of big groups.
In an anarchy, there will still be groups. It would just digress so that we are run by warlords or gang leaders or something, mini-dictators. You probably won't be left to be "free". No-one is totally free ,and you can only approach it if your rulers allow freedom.

Hence the plot of walking-dead.

And that is what I mean. Non-homophobes moving into Cumberland shire would skew voting habits and hence much less chance of anti-human rights candidates holding office.

Ideally ALL anti-human rights campaigners would be barred from all forms of political expression but babysteps I guess.
I think you'd find your average voter wouldn't have a clue about the politics of the local council candidates

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don’t think the apartheid regime of genocidal Zionists are part of the problem?
Yes they are another problem....the world is full of problems.

IN fact Gaza/Israel isnt even that significant on my radar....the 6 million+ people and counting who have been killed in the Congo concerns me much more....why...because in the west we don't hear about it.

it also seems to be about global inequality.

But the only online stuff Ive seen was about Gaza ?

Edit - there is a site ! Double edit - cant tell if legit

What is everyones take on this blockout2024 ?

Seems very weird to cancel a celebrity for not commenting on a geopolitical issue they dont want to.

Or should everyone be calling for a ceasefire in Gaza ?
the bigger issue is there are people on that list who have called for a ceasefire

there is no control over the list

its a list of people being blocked without any though because someone told them to block those people

From that link:

"The Met Gala was a bit of a hyperbolic moment that got a lot of people's attention," Marcus Collins, an assistant professor of marketing at the University of Michigan, told NPR of the digital campaigns. "The celebrity boycotts had existed, but they weren't really at the top of the social zeitgeist. But then you have a moment like the Met Gala that wasn't really related to the conflict, but the pieces were all at play. When the attacks [in Gaza] were happening the same day, the juxtaposition just got people talking and moving."

From that link:

"The Met Gala was a bit of a hyperbolic moment that got a lot of people's attention," Marcus Collins, an assistant professor of marketing at the University of Michigan, told NPR of the digital campaigns. "The celebrity boycotts had existed, but they weren't really at the top of the social zeitgeist. But then you have a moment like the Met Gala that wasn't really related to the conflict, but the pieces were all at play. When the attacks [in Gaza] were happening the same day, the juxtaposition just got people talking and moving."
that's the bit im not sure on.

Are they blanket blocking wealthy influencers or is it to do with Gaza.

that's the bit im not sure on.

Are they blanket blocking wealthy influencers or is it to do with Gaza.
there are multiple influencers creating their own lists of people to block and putting the tag on it

its devolving into McCarthyism if it hasn't already

i can't see it doing much to help stop the banning of Tik Tok
you want to talk about cancel culture, the US working to ban a platform they don't have control over...

you want to talk about cancel culture, the US working to ban a platform they don't have control over...
Australia already ban a lot of web sites.
Mind you , i suspect most of them SHOULD be banned.
Of course there are ways people can get around that ( VPN's and the like ), but it would still deter the mainstream public.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back