Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Robran.

Jarman still paid his dues and won a flag with us. Also from what I remember Andrew was meant to sign with us as well but changed his mind last minute
I was only young but yes I remember. How good was the Barman though. Some of the things he did on the field were unbelievable.

Was told the reason he was dropped 2 weeks ago (looked very strange as had been playing well) was because he told the crows he was putting off contract talks and they became aware the hawks were his preferred destination

Any other team and I would of written this off as someone reading too much into it or just a conspiracy theory. But considering how petty and small-minded Adelaide is it wouldn't surprise me that they'd chuck a tanty and dump him.

They did offer him terms. He didn’t want to accept it. They figured it was easier to delist him and move on once a trade couldn’t be determined rather than invest time in a player who didn’t want to be there. Just like we did for billy hartung. There isn’t a mystery going on and it wasn’t amicable.
Well if that was what happened and they didn't part ways on amicable terms then the only reason I can see for Adelaide to actually delist him would've been for PR purposes, because as I said in my last post it would look petty on Adelaide's behalf if they were to force an ageing, depth player into the PSD rather than cut him loose. Which shows great maturity from the Crows given they were petty enough to strip that best young player award from Gunston when he walked out on them lol

Let's pray that Coniglio isn't much of a fan of watching footy in his spare time, hopefully he hasn't watched many of our games this season.
Let’s be realistic here. Coniglio would know very well where we are as a team. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again... in the 2019 season we are like a car minus it’s engine (Tom Mitchell). You put that engine back into the car and then it’s a different beast. Now you add Coniglio to that mix as well and that car becomes supercharged.

The underlying problem last night was we were getting killed in the middle which wouldn’t happen with our Brownlow medalist there. The other glaring issue not just last night but all this season and last season has been scoring from I50 entries. That’s obviously something a returning Mitchell and hopefully an addition of Coniglio won’t fix on their own but we’ve all heard the rumours on some additions to our forward line for 2020.

Finally I think it’s time for some here to really stop over assessing where we are as a team. The top 8 IMO isn’t that big a deal this season and a drop down the ladder will not and won’t be the worse thing to happen to us and that’s whether Coniglio comes or not. It’s glaringly obvious what we are lacking which a lot of teams aren’t fortunate enough to see themselves. We are the HFC and we will be alright 👍🏽

Let’s be realistic here. Coniglio would know very well where we are as a team. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again... in the 2019 season we are like a car minus it’s engine (Tom Mitchell). You put that engine back into the car and then it’s a different beast. Now you add Coniglio to that mix as well and that car becomes supercharged.

The underlying problem last night was we were getting killed in the middle which wouldn’t happen with our Brownlow medalist there. The other glaring issue not just last night but all this season and last season has been scoring from I50 entries. That’s obviously something a returning Mitchell and hopefully an addition of Coniglio won’t fix on their own but we’ve all heard the rumours on some additions to our forward line for 2020.

Finally I think it’s time for some here to really stop over assessing where we are as a team. The top 8 IMO isn’t that big a deal this season and a drop down the ladder will not and won’t be the worse thing to happen to us and that’s whether Coniglio comes or not. It’s glaringly obvious what we are lacking which a lot of teams aren’t fortunate enough to see themselves. We are the HFC and we will be alright 👍🏽

It’s like a loss in June completely changes what our list was like 24hours before it for some people.

It’s like a loss in June completely changes what our list was like 24hours before it for some people.
Personally for me it means rather than come out revamped and refreshed after the bye we're maintaining the trend from before it that we all hoped would end.

However - I don't tie our performance this year to our ability to bring in quality players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Count our lucky stars he lives in ****ney .. (at the moment)
I reckon there’s a fair chance he’s best mate has been on the text to him telling him that he needs a partner in crime to carry the load with Tom next year.

I reckon there’s a fair chance he’s best mate has been on the text to him telling him that he needs a partner in crime to carry the load with Tom next year.
Didn't Big Moose unequivocally rule out that JO'M had spoken to Cogs about coming to HFC?

What you thinking?

Kidnap?:think:
hqdefault.jpg

Didn't Big Moose unequivocally rule out that JO'M had spoken to Cogs about coming to HFC?
Hahah! Yeah, they hang out all the time....in silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back