Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the other day that there was some traction in Bruest being moved on to Melbourne. What do you all think would be a realistic return for a player of his caliber at his age? I personally would like to get further into the draft this year as there seems to be quite a bit of talent, with a lot of it loosely linked to the club.
Please post stuff like this in the ‘Hypothetical’ Trade Thread, unless we’re openly linked to it (media etc.) or you get some mail.

And may God have mercy on your soul...

Was told the reason he was dropped 2 weeks ago (looked very strange as had been playing well) was because he told the crows he was putting off contract talks and they became aware the hawks were his preferred destination
Interesting as the advertiser ran a story last week saying he wanted to re-sign. I can’t read the article but the opening makes it sound like it comes from the horses mouth. Maybe just PR on his part?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...b/news-story/4c977939a5d422f0af21354e39925250

Interesting as the advertiser ran a story last week saying he wanted to re-sign. I can’t read the article but the opening makes it sound like it comes from the horses mouth. Maybe just PR on his part?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...b/news-story/4c977939a5d422f0af21354e39925250
The old smoke and mirrors. His manager has obviously told him to say that to cover his tracks. Its interesting how players / agents are starting to use the media as puppets these days.

Am I the only one not that keen on Greenwood?
Probably.

He’s a contested ball winner who kicks goals.

27 years old, so we’d get at least 4-5 years out of him if he crossed. Makes sense for the right price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was told the reason he was dropped 2 weeks ago (looked very strange as had been playing well) was because he told the crows he was putting off contract talks and they became aware the hawks were his preferred destination
Not too smart on Adelaide's part then. Not playing him suggests he's not a best 22 player for them which in turn reduces their leverage and the trade price they can expect.

Not too smart on Adelaide's part then. Not playing him suggests he's not a best 22 player for them which in turn reduces their leverage and the trade price they can expect.
Yeah but this is the same club that wanted and did take Gunstons young player of the year award away when the knew he was on the move.

Last edited:
Greenwood is competing for the ball with Sloane, and the Crouch boys. Would not be a bad pick up but not sure on the age profile.

Probably.

He’s a contested ball winner who kicks goals.

27 years old, so we’d get at least 4-5 years out of him if he crossed. Makes sense for the right price.
Be a few months younger than Hendo was when he came across, similar price would be nice

Greenwood is competing for the ball with Sloane, and the Crouch boys. Would not be a bad pick up but not sure on the age profile.
Greenwood is a late starter to AFL (basketball convert) so he hasn't got as many kilometres on the speedo as other players. When looking at sheer wear and tear on the body these things matter. Once again though this all come back to what Topiary was saying about bringing in 10-12 new players. Not all are gonna be guns but if we can cut bait with our list cloggers and bring in better contributors (depth) then I'm all for it. Not all are going to be part of our next premiership but mot can be a stepping stone to the next one then it logically has to be done that way. Its either that or bottom out which I'm sure no one wants to see happen. There's many ways to rebuild / retool / rejig or whatever you want call but I think bringing in solid contributors at the right price is just one way to get back to respectability. The aim is to add players that will fill a role that are either being under utilised / under appreciated at their previous clubs (ala Ricky Henderson, Jarman Impey etc). The key is to not just add players for the sake of it like North Melbourne have done just for sake of signing someone which in turn adds more list cloggers to your list.

I would really love to have a glance at Wrighty's whiteboard list of players of interest. It would make some crazy inserting reading that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back