List Mgmt. Hawthorn Trade and FA news discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love your posting, but I get the feeling you take any tweet or comment about players we are linked to to heart

Trade week (fortnight) hasn’t even started, but trade radio has (for rumours only)

They need to sit and chat about rumours for hours, 5 days before the start of official trading, and really not many trades happen first week anyway

Relax, I’d hate to see how you’d cope if there was speculation regarding Gunston/Sicily/Breust etc!

It’s more the narrative that shits me.

They build a case against us then drive the ferken price up via the media when we are the chosen club.

He’s got an agenda. Used to play for Saints. Doing what he can to help em out via his media mouthpiece.

I love your posting, but I get the feeling you take any tweet or comment about players we are linked to to heart

Trade week (fortnight) hasn’t even started, but trade radio has (for rumours only)

They need to sit and chat about rumours for hours, 5 days before the start of official trading, and really not many trades happen first week anyway

Relax, I’d hate to see how you’d cope if there was speculation regarding Gunston/Sicily/Breust etc!

I like it that Ty posts the twitter updates as it saves me having to go to afl.com.au or even having to listen to Trade Radio all day long.

It’s more the narrative that shits me.

They build a case against us then drive the ferken price up via the media when we are the chosen club.

He’s got an agenda. Used to play for Saints. Doing what he can to help em out via his media mouthpiece.
If anyone connected to a professionally run AFL club is in any way swayed in their thinking by anyone in the media regarding their list management/TPP then they need to be shown the door

You don’t think list managers hear/read some of their dribble and laugh?

Think this trade has been speculated for the last 2 months. Good to see it may play out the way we all thought.

Like Ceglar, but as we all saw for semi final, very much a fringe player or horses for courses type player for us. Think he would appreciate it more as the GWS first choice. Better player than Dawson Simpson. May not be as good a tap ruckman, but a much better player around the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if talk of Mumford coming out of retirement diminishes the need for Ceglar? I guess with Lobb leaving they'd still want both of them.

I heard that it would be very risky to have Mumford and have no back up ruckmen. Even more reason to get a cheapish ruck that could play in tandem with mumford, While Patton and lobb are not around.

I love how SEN uses the word "Sacrificed". Cegsie was not happy being dropped late in the season, and has made it clear to the hawks his desire to be #1 ruck, and the club was happy to give him that opportunity should both parties benefit. I know that's not as salacious as saying we are sacrificing him to the gws gods, but it would be good to perhaps measure some of the language ffs. He has been a good solid contributor for us. And if we get sheil and he gets to be #1 at the giants, well heck. throw that on the pile of other beneficial and forward thinking trades the club has done of the last 5 years.

Wonder if talk of Mumford coming out of retirement diminishes the need for Ceglar? I guess with Lobb leaving they'd still want both of them.
How do they just get Mumford again, as he's no longer on their list

They don't just get him. If Mumford wants to play again, he nominates for the draft like anyone else. They don't get dibs...

They don't just get him. If Mumford wants to play again, he nominates for the draft like anyone else. They don't get dibs...
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

We get Rioli back in 2020 for nothing too!

If anyone connected to a professionally run AFL club is in any way swayed in their thinking by anyone in the media regarding their list management/TPP then they need to be shown the door

You don’t think list managers hear/read some of their dribble and laugh?

Agreed.

I’m just fed up with the narrative in general. It’s the whole tall poppy thing.

Was massive throughout the finals: didn’t deserve top 4, will be straight sets etc. Tom Mitchell’s possessions don’t hurt.

It’s us vs them. If Shiel nominates us, it’ll get nastier.

Oh well, bring it.

He'll tell every other club he wants $5M a year and tell GWS $500k will do. He'll get drafted with their last pick.

He'll tell every other club he wants $5M a year and tell GWS $500k will do. He'll get drafted with their last pick.

Errrr...not sure if serious

He’d better take a decent pay cut....................
My limited understanding of contract law tells me a payment of 1 cent per year would make it legitimate. :D

Shiel for your 2018 and 2019 first rounders and Ceglar with salary paid.
We have a hypothetical thread for this guff...although we really need a Delusional Opposition Poster thread, it seems...

58484b41252aa64cb72f65c6f61e4e8b.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back