Here's A Thought.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 17, 2000
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Could we possibly encourage more females to participate in this comp? And I mean genuine females, not you boys who like to pretend you are (as much as I appreciate the hair and style tips, keep those coming ;))

Seriously. It does become difficult to post when the blokes get into blokey conversations to have anything to contribute.

i reckon it would be 90% maybe more of guys on here. be good if you can find enough females you could have an all girls team.
I think this is the problem, tell your friends to join Bigfooty lioness. I know The Wonders have a couple of girl posters, but they seem to be inactive these days.

1. As this is a pro-recruitment thread, which may be viewed by prospective new players, please don't scare them off by adding content which is precisely what turns them away. Spam and 14-year-old boy arguments/exchanges seen on this thread will be deleted.

2. There was actually an early attempt (never completed) to produce an all-female team, to be called the Amazons. Full details on clubs that never wuite got up and running can be viewed here.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Look, I'm really not against the guys here or anything, I love reading what everyone contributes. :)

If any of you know any chicks who are active posters, send them along! I know very few people who post here but maybe I can pick through that all-girl team list and maybe see if anyone is interested?

Amazons lol I wanna be the princesses ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay.....I have decided IF this team happens, we shall be called The Stars. :) I don't think anyone has that name?!

I have a potential two players at this point......a few to go!

I will work out a thread that everyone can send any female posters to, hopefully someone can sticky that for me? That way they have somewhere to post their interest.

Full-forward and full-back are taken.......:)

And Snag Breac
I'm quite disappointed in Snag. She parades around on twitter conversing with Maxy, and Harry O, yet doesn't have the time to be part of the Premiership celebrations of the Wonders.

I'm sure she'll come up with some old Irish saying as to why she has been so coy.

Hoping for the coming season lioness? Unfortunately we do kind of have a moratorium on new teams based on the need to improve activity in the existing ones. It may have to be aimed for Season 15.

Hmmmmm......I don't really see the logic in knocking back a team of active posters to persist with teams that have little activity, but I am happy at the Roys and if I can be bothered next season, will work on this idea.

Maybe for now we could just encourage female posters to join the existing teams? Then later on if there's a demand, I am happy to bring The Stars on board.

I guess the other problem is that there are few spammy chicks these days......

Except lil old me :D
Zomg a girl, can we go out? Do you have a bf? Ily u 4eva. I'm 8 feet tall and have a six pack.

This is how it goes, right?

Might be slightly off topic, but what if there's a case of a new team bid being done with new players who will only play if the new club is established? Considering there's like... 1 active female poster atm, and all girls team might have that stipulation...

If 20 females aren't too busy doing the dishes to sign onto Bigfooty. trollface.gif

Hmmmmm......I don't really see the logic in knocking back a team of active posters to persist with teams that have little activity, but I am happy at the Roys and if I can be bothered next season, will work on this idea.

Maybe for now we could just encourage female posters to join the existing teams? Then later on if there's a demand, I am happy to bring The Stars on board.
That's the best way. And yeah, active before inactive, but inactive before unproven.

IF you have enough before squad finalisations, things might be treated differently!

That's the best way. And yeah, active before inactive, but inactive before unproven.

IF you have enough before squad finalisations, things might be treated differently!

Nah can't be bothered now. Shining and myself have signed up for the Roys.....

My thought is, attract females to each existing side.......and the boys will suddenly flock and start posting.

Worth a try. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back