Unsolved High Country Hit and Run Death of Bryce Airs - Jamieson

Remove this Banner Ad

Bryce Airs, 43, was walking home from a hotel on the Mansfield-Woods Point Road around midnight on November 25 last year when he was struck by what a post-mortem examination indicated was a high clearance vehicle, possibly with a bull bar.

Some information received indicates that the culprit may not be from the region, with many visitors travelling to the Jamieson area for its recreational appeal, including deer hunting.

Victoria Police previously released CCTV footage of a car of interest that was travelling in the area around the time of Mr Airs' death.

Mr Airs was treated by paramedics at the scene of collision and was unable to be saved, but told a passer-by as he was injured on the roadside that he believed he had been hit by lightning, pointing the investigation to illegal deer hunters who are known to frequently spotlight in the region.

Detective Sergeant Christian von Tunk said he does not believe those responsible could have confused Mr Airs for wildlife.
"When you hit a deer it's a bit different to hitting a person, and we must remember Bryce was alive for some time after the collision as well," he said.

BryceAirs.jpg

CCTV footage suggests the car involved has a bull bar fitted to the front, snorkel style air intake on the drivers side and spotlights.

Is that from bryces phone? Thank you for opening this , I might not have much to contribute but this case needs to be solved.

I'm not sure, it looks like someone's fingers holding a phone but presented as CCTV. Also, does the car come down the street and flash either a spotlight or high beams on Bryce and hit him, to turn around and go back where it came from and the still image we see is the rear lights?

Is that from bryces phone? Thank you for opening this , I might not have much to contribute but this case needs to be solved.

Agree, you're right this really needs to be solved. He was only in his early 40s, his family is by all accounts absolutely devastated. Whoever ran him down and didn't stop should be found and held accountable.

I think this got opened because of the other thread? Clearly not a Patrol. Looks like a Hilux.

I've watched the video a couple of times and gone frame by frame in sections, I think it could be a Patrol. I'm not sure if the snorkel is on the same side but that could be changed.

My car obsessed 12 year old son thinks its a hilux or holden colorado with a snorkel but can't be sure and wants to watch it a few more times. Can't see it myself. No idea how he gets a snorkel from that video.

My car obsessed 12 year old son thinks its a hilux or holden colorado with a snorkel but can't be sure and wants to watch it a few more times. Can't see it myself. No idea how he gets a snorkel from that video.

It could be I'm not great with identifying cars but I freezed the video and switched over to the image of the beige Patrol on the trailer. I couldn't see the snorkel in the first half but it's quite clear in the second half of the video on full screen.

I've watched the video a couple of times and gone frame by frame in sections, I think it could be a Patrol. I'm not sure if the snorkel is on the same side but that could be changed.

Its not a Patrol. You can see the license plate lights at in the middle of the rear bar. Patrols have theirs on the rear doors.

Front on footage could be any 4x4 but the rear indicates that its a hilux imo.

It could be I'm not great with identifying cars but I freezed the video and switched over to the image of the beige Patrol on the trailer. I couldn't see the snorkel in the first half but it's quite clear in the second half of the video on full screen.

He reckons it could be a nissan patrol but he still leans towards a hilux.

He also reckons its tragic how people try and solve crimes online. Which is very hurtful :D

I reckon it's his bedtime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at where the rear tail lights are in relation to the roofline of the cap. It's definitely a ute.

I believe you, like I said I'm not good with cars and I can look too long at images and end up seeing things that aren't really there as well. I'm happy to accept it if you all think it's not a Patrol, then it's not. :thumbsu:

I believe you, like I said I'm not good with cars and I can look too long at images and end up seeing things that aren't really there as well. I'm happy to accept it if you all think it's not a Patrol, then it's not. :thumbsu:

It could be a patrol ute, plenty of them around.

This one almost certainly isn't linked to that other Patrol that's currently the focus of an investigation though.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back