Hird has been offered a contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Powerful signal by Essendon. If I were a supporter I'd be ecstatic and saying a big **** you to the haters

Puts the club on hold for one man for another year and continues to make the place looks like a bizarre cult of the individual rather than a football club.

They need to put that insanity behind them.

Wouldn't expect anything different from Essendon, exactly why there in this position in the first place. There will once again be no thought process, no governance including risk exposure and once again they will be flat on their backs come 2014/15 after ASADA complete their investigation and further prosecute the club, players and officials.

Jesus wept this just goes to show the Essendon mentality. He has finally admitted to his gross negligence to the players, brought the game into disrepute & is now banned from the AFL for 12 months and Essendon reward him with a contract extension for his efforts????????? WTF!! The ASADA investigation hasn't even finished FFS. Will he walk if the players do receive sanctions?

If James hird worked for a corporate he'd be marched out the door. What a hypocritical individual. Come on James, you said wait for the facts. What are they? You've maintained your innocence yet have rolled over like the selfish individual you really are.

Wowee. What a joke.

Essendon deserve it.

I guess we will find out how the players really feel about Hird if that is the case, has there been any support for him from players last couple of days

John Elliott probably wishes he'd been part of the Bomber hierachy. They'd have put his name up on a stand rather than tear it down if their worship of Hird and the rest of the cronies is anything to go by.

Powerful signal by Essendon. If I were a supporter I'd be ecstatic and saying a big **** you to the haters

Really? I'd say its an absolute joke to reward someone who has been smashed by the governing body for gross mismanagement and negligence in his basic duties of looking after his players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a player, how could you possibly respect hird as a coach upon his return? you think the draftees that have watched this unfold will really be keen to go to a club run by Hird?

Because the consistent messaging he and the club gave them was everything was OK. They'll still think Hird is just taking one for the team and not rationalize that he drove a risk culture with them as the victims or potential victims.
I can't believe players would want him back when he so obviously broken their trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

When we got done for our crimes I and a lot of other supporters were embarrased by what had happened.

We tried to stick together with the whole * the rest attitude. However in the end we were still ashamed of what had gone on and felt cheated by the clubs actions. Which is why they pulled down JE name from the stand. A symbolic gesture of our shame and anger.

Even now most of us will say we got what we deserved.

The fact very few Essendon fans are out there saying we're embarrassed and disgusted by what's gone on is a fair indictment on its fans as a whole.

Reminds me of this

lancecouch630.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back