Resource History of AFL Grand Final Artwork

Remove this Banner Ad

Would’ve looked so much better if they had the club logos facing the main broadcast wing too

Think Telstra might have a $$ or two involved:)

Think Telstra might have a $$ or two involved:)
Could still have them facing broadcast wing but in the same position on the ground.
Having them face away reminds me of the 90s where they painted the same AFL Season logo facing each wing so one was upside down on telly.

bump! could we get team colours on 50m lines? will there be something else new?

Would love to see it. Perfect excuse to mix it up a bit. Club logos on the wing would be nice too.

I wonder if the MCG turf will have any special logos on it

I was expecting the MCG turf to be laid where the Rebel logos go, seeing as its a Rebel publicity stunt. But I think the patch they took was too small for even one let alone two.

Assuming club logos are in the same place as the last three years, I think Geelong will get the blue arc and Richmond the red.
That's good news. Red arc is the cursed arc, right?

Edit: I counted for the most useless stat in AFL history

Red Arc Teams - 6 wins
Blue Arc Teams - 11 wins

That's good news. Red arc is the cursed arc, right?

Edit: I counted for the most useless stat in AFL history

Red Arc Teams - 6 wins
Blue Arc Teams - 11 wins

I did an analysis a few years ago and it seemed to be fairly even with no correlation. But the blue arc has now won the last four years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny thing looking back over the designs, the logos on the arc was cool until Telstra took the broadcast side.

They really should pop them on the wings

I wonder if that was purely done as some contractual loophole to get around the MCG contract, to get people still talking about Melbourne and the G during this.

Just think, if Covid hit the fan again in QLd they would have done this to Adelaide Oval.

This certainly seems to have been worth all the effort...

The biggest question about the rectangle of grass is whether it will be shown on your Grand Final Artwork?

I'm guessing it's been put down by the Richmond entrance so they can "run over the G" before entering the Gabba

I'm guessing it's been put down by the Richmond entrance so they can "run over the G" before entering the Gabba

Gee, your lot that desperate to keep the home ground advantage? 😅

Remove this Banner Ad

Back