Media History Repeating Itself? The Gumbies Season in Jeopardy

Remove this Banner Ad

History Repeating Itself? The Gumbies Season in Jeopardy
Michael Qhiting

Leading up to round one in Season 26 of the SFA, the revitalised Gumbies FC were one of the hot favourites for the coveted “Feel good moment of the year” - fielding a powerful team united under impressive captain Fryer Tuck . Featuring rookie superstar BLERN , the rugged and controversial BRAB , powerhouse KPF Jivlain and THE DERO , things were shaping up to be bright for the Gumbies. Some even predicted a grand final was within their reach (after all, if the Swamprats can make it, why can’t they?)

geelong.jpg
Photo courtesy of the Gumbies FC motivation board in their club lunch room

As round ten looms, things couldn’t be further from what we hoped would be the rebirth of a club after a season 25, which was described by one anonymous source as “A blight on digital sports worldwide”. In fact, season 26 is fast sliding down a slippery slope of epic consequences.

fryer.jpg
Fryer Tuck after a delicious BBQ cook-up

The players aren’t all to blame, the onus is on Fryer Tuck . One source from inside the Gumbies FC has shared Tuck has been skirting key meetings with coaching staff, and the most recent failure to submit a team sheet in a year with so much on the line brings big questions to his commitment to the Gumbies moving forward.

Further to this, the young superstar in BLERN who has been electric on and off the field, has according to sources had a falling out with Fryer Tuck over how the club should be ran. This has caused serious issues within the playing group and has even had ramifications at Qooty HQ.

blern.jpg
BLERN is also a talented singer.

The grumpy ruler of the SFA world in Cloud_ has begrudgingly remove four premiership points from the Gumbies which has forced the situation to take a very dire turn.

297.jpg
Fryer Tuck yelling at super mod Cloud_

Fryer Tucks lack of leadership has stopped BRAB from reaching his full potential. As the SFA world has pushed towards ending the rivalry between BRAB and Ant Bear, Fryer Tuck has remained silent. When you’re a struggling club trying to rebuild its culture, leaders need to lead; it’s that black and white.

hqdefault.jpg
BRAB holding cute doggo at gunpoint.

Ticket sales have reportedly dropped 15% between rounds 5 and 9 which the Gumbies cannot afford. This could have ramifications on the entire league, with rumours SFA HQ may need to pay the clubs operation costs until they are back in the green. Qillon McQachlan will not be happy if he misses his end of year trip to Venice.

Can the Gumbies FC turn things around? This reporter hopes so. A strong Gumbies is good for Qooty, but the warning signs are real and if this ship is to sail, holes need to be filled.

If I wanted to read media from somebody who went the low hanging fruit I'd open up a Kdavva74 thread.

We are still recovering from the mass retirements caused by Ant Bear requesting a resim. It's going to be a slow burn but we'll get there.

There is no coup going on at the gumbies.

200.gif

If I wanted to read media from somebody who went the low hanging fruit I'd open up a Kdavva74 thread.

We are still recovering from the mass retirements caused by Ant Bear requesting a resim. It's going to be a slow burn but we'll get there.

There is no coup going on at the gumbies.

Not what I've heard.

The four point deduction was just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm sure this is my fault somehow :huh:

It literally is.

If you didn't request a resim and force half our team to retire we might have had more people to remind fryer tuck to submit a team sheet.

Even if this isn't your fault though you still exploit deceased posters for bigfooty likes so not sure why you're whinging about.

It literally is.

If you didn't request a resim and force half our team to retire we might have had more people to remind fryer tuck to submit a team sheet.

Even if this isn't your fault though you still exploit deceased posters for bigfooty likes so not sure why you're whinging about.

How about you take ownership of your club mate? Stop trying to turn the responsibility to someone else. Your club is clearly suffering and ripping apart at the seams and you're too busy pointing the finger. Time to be the leader your club needs you to be. Also, stop pointing guns at cute dogs.

How about you take ownership of your club mate? Stop trying to turn the responsibility to someone else. Your club is clearly suffering and ripping apart at the seams and you're too busy pointing the finger. Time to be the leader your club needs you to be. Also, stop pointing guns at cute dogs.

I don't have a club because ant bear ripped it's soul out for 4 premiership points.

I'm literally ******* breaking here trying to hold a club up by myself. It's incredibly tough work. I feel like Van_Dyke did in season 20.

The onus isn't on Tuck, he said there was personal reasons he didn't post it.

Surely he posted this in the LG group PM and his leaders just sat back and did nothing.

BLERN would never have let this happen.

The points penalty is entirely on me. You can just say it.

I don't have a club because ant bear ripped it's soul out for 4 premiership points.

I'm literally ******* breaking here trying to hold a club up by myself. It's incredibly tough work. I feel like Van_Dyke did in season 20.

Dude, Gumbies have never had soul, not in my time here anyway.

So you're saying you're quitting the Gumbies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow BRAB giving up already?

Looks like my answer to "biggest squib in the league" is about to change.

I'm literally not giving up. You're genuinely one of the densest posters on bigfooty.

You are genuinely one of the biggest cowards on bigfooty.

I have no idea what the * you're on about. I know you're genuinely just dumb so it might not be getting through to you but I'm here and ready to fight for my team.

Unlike Alex Rance, I have a spine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back