FTA-TV Homeland *Spoilers*

Remove this Banner Ad

Saul turned the mission to the military because it became a salvage mission. He could have stayed there, but my guess he wanted to avoid the humiliation of being there while someone else cleaned up his mess. Either way it's not that extraordinary/amazing that Saul decided to leave the room.

I really didn't enjoy that episode at all. I thought some of the tension was great and I enjoyed the camaraderie between Brody and the soldiers, but overall I felt myself drifting off a lot.

I think the biggest annoyance for me was very time Carrie came close to tears. She is an emotional wreck and I really can't believe that anyone in the CIA would want her anywhere near them ever again. It just bugs me every time.

Also, the shoot-out looked like Star Wars with laser-bullets. Someone might be able to point out that those types of bullets actually exist and that's what they look like, but it made it all feel a bit lame to me.

Javadi's appearance at the end at least indicates something interesting will happen next episode.

As implausible as the plot is getting, I much preferred that episode than the second last one getting Brody across the border. But seriously, why the hell is Carrie in Iran??? Also, Saul has turned into a shell of his former self ... he has no conviction in his plans any more and is way too eager to pull out. It's frustrating me because all it does is show that he is weak and Carrie wa right all along ... yada yada yada ... we've seen that before!!!

But I'm very intrigued as to what happens next. Surely Brody can't get out of this. Surely!

I'd just like to preface this post by saying that this episode, like much of the current season, has been entirely implausible, but still very entertaining.

Far from being irrational, Carrie was the only one who had the common sense to realise that the anti-US propaganda Brody was spouting on Iranian TV was for the sole purpose of keeping his cover. I must admit they actually had me fooled into thinking that Carrie had blown the whole thing, but she knows Brody better than anyone. As Lockhart correctly pointed out, Brody is a guy who changes his mind. As long as he stayed alive and in Tehran, there would still have been a chance of persuading him to carry out the mission, no matter how small. Kill him, and that chance would drop to exactly zero. I know which odds I'd take. They risked so much to get that far, why stop? Sometimes you have to be willing to risk losing in order to win.

In hindsight, Brody's decision to discard the cyanide actually proved to be wise, since he had no way of knowing when he would next get a chance to use it at that point in time, and it would have looked pretty bad if he had been found with it.

what was said in the last call between saul and carie, the one after they realized she tipped brody? my version went all shitty and it jumped from the beginning of the call to the end.

Tension and Iran make a very entertaining episode. Obviously there's implausible stuff with Carrie but there always has been. This show has always been the Carrie show. I've made my peace with it. Hence why i'm still watching it.
Liked the shot of Brodie on Iranian tv. I thought they could and should have explored that more extensively and gauged his family's reaction ect. But I guess there no going back to the family now the show is too good.

Probably the most entertaining show on television at the moment.

Yeah I agree. We know they push the limits of logic: Saul - "Carrie you're the only one with eyes on this operation, you make the call" ...(because Carrie you ALWAYS make sound judgements in situations like these!)

But damnit it's entertaining to watch! Especially since Brody's family's been effectively written out.

It took them half the season to untangle the show from season two but it's in a good place now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same thing each episode: Saul's plan looks like it's going down the toilet, but somehow, seemingly totally against the flow, another piece falls even more implausibly into place.

And yes, the absolute absurdity of sending Carrie to Iran to be the person on the ground made me laugh.

But, as many have pointed out, still bloody enjoyable.

That episode was a rare weak point in the seasons shows history for me. Too much chaos just as time filler, too much of the CIA being made to look like fools (again), too much Carrie being wreckless and getting away with it, just enough. Its still worth mentioning this episode is around the 6-7/10 mark in my book, so not bad by any means. Just a few points I found irritating

As already mentioned, why the hell was Carrie on the ground even though Quinn was sitting there in an office?
Can Carrie please be wrong about something just once, and how many times will she nearly f*** up a mission and get away with it. I'm beginning to wish Estes would come back and give her some well needed discipline.
This episode was the only time since early/mid season 2 I've been interested in seeing the Brody family, why drag us through them for so long and not capitalize on a point like this. But I shouldn't be fooled, as Homeland has showed time and time again, there will be a reason.

Brody's change of sides twice in this episode, while being effective, I found exhausting and in the end unnecessary. Although that moment he realized how Nazir and Iran chief guy (name escapes me) had planned and destroyed his life was a groundbreaking point in the series, and was just about worth that whole double switch on its own. I now have no doubt who Brody is playing for, which is a massive weight of tension lifted from the shoulders of Homeland.

I really enjoyed the episode but it was painfully obvious which way it was heading.

Yes, and seeing that big glass ashtray on the table in the general's office when he sat Brody down, was like 'Chekov's gun': it was a prop that always going to get 'fired'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back