How many weeks for Mackay?

Remove this Banner Ad

”Knobs”?

View attachment 1154394

That footage right there would be why he’s off to the tribunal.
His foot is on the ground when contact is made, he basically hit a brick wall no wonder he legs went flying, Clarke is moving too remember it's like .2 of a second and had is hands out to get the ball, even touched a bit of the ball before a massive collision.

David King now saying that McKay should have known he was going to make contact from 5 metres away and made the call to pull out of the contest. * off you dumb campaigner. Physical contests are part of the game. Besides which, sliding into Craig O'Brien's head in the 96 Grand Final with your knee didn't seem to bother you, you ******* grub.

Just looks like two blokes going for the ball to me. ******* joke. Unfortunate that there’s a serious injury but this isn’t Ben Long trying to put a bloke in a wheelchair. Contact sport, collisions happen, should be free to terrorise crows fans in their next game but knowing the bullshit the AFL administration hand out he’ll probably get 5-6.

also, “ungraded”? Figure that means they can’t work out how to make an assessment to get the outcome they want under the criteria so they’re going to play it out in the media a couple of days to both increase clicks and get some gauge of the public sentiment.
Who launches themselves into the air when “going for a groundball” though?

It looks like he saw Clark and instead of gathering the ball (which he had the chance to do), he elected to leave the ground and bump him/brace for contact, while Clark stayed low and collected the ball.

When I first saw it in real time I thought it was an awesome and fair bump, but then you see the opposite angle which showed him hit his head and then this footage, and now I struggle to see how he’ll get off.

”Knobs”?

View attachment 1154394

That footage right there would be why he’s off to the tribunal.
He flipped over Clark because his lead foot was off the ground. Are you suggesting he jumped to do more damage to a bloke that was bent over?

David King going on a rant on Fox saying Mackay should have known from 10m away he wasn't going to get the ball and let Clark pick it up, and for CTE reasons Mackay needs to go. Real emotional appeal rubbish.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It looks like he saw Clark and instead of gathering the ball (which he had the chance to do), he elected to leave the ground and bump him/brace for contact, while Clark stayed low and collected the ball.

When I first saw it in real time I thought it was an awesome and fair bump, but then you see the opposite angle which showed him hit his head and then this footage, and now I struggle to see how he’ll get off.
Or he was running full speed and ran into Clark which took his legs out from under him and propelled him upwards. You’ll see it better if you open both eyes.

I reckon this is pretty right. If he didn't brace the shoulder and lift off the ground I'd say fair contest, but it looks like he realised he'd be second to the ball and chose to bump. Given guys get weeks for even trivial head contact something that high impact has to be a few.

David King now saying that McKay should have known he was going to make contact from 5 metres away and made the call to pull out of the contest. fu** off you dumb campaigner. Physical contests are part of the game. Besides which, sliding into Craig O'Brian's head in the 96 Grand Final with your knee didn't seem to bother you, you ******* grub.
Thank you. I nearly through my phone at the the campaigner.

Football incidents happen. Leigh Montana’s opinion was correct. Both players playing the ball at no point did he “chose” to bump.

Unfortunately Clark broke a jaw and that happens in contact sport.

Had he chose to bump its 5. The slow-no shows him playing the ball he should get off.

I don’t care if people think this deserves weeks or not.
What I care about is how the hell Christian still has a job. He has created this mess where people have no idea, now he has no idea himself on what to do.
People shouldn’t be so different with their opinions but over time Christians ineptness of consistent rulings has culminated in this. No one has a clue anymore.

Hocking you ain’t much better.

David King now saying that McKay should have known he was going to make contact from 5 metres away and made the call to pull out of the contest. fu** off you dumb campaigner. Physical contests are part of the game. Besides which, sliding into Craig O'Brien's head in the 96 Grand Final with your knee didn't seem to bother you, you ******* grub.

He also KOed Nigel "notso" Smart in the 98 grand final

What a joke, changing the rules on the fly and after the event. You were still allowed to contest the ball when the game started. King just trying to use emotional arguments to sway public opinion but that's not how it is meant to be judged. If we are going to go back and retroactively change the rules then a good portion of the AFL will miss next week for accidents through their careers.

And he clearly didn't choose to jump and/or bump, I have no idea how anyone come to that conclusion from the footage. He was running and got flipped over the opposition player upon contact. Unfortunate incident and no one wants to see players getting injured but it is a contact sport and it happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So at about 6m/s you're arguing about 40cm.

Its not a bump, not a sling tackle, but a genuine attempt at the ball.

David King: you can't eliminate incidents from the game, but you can mitigate long term brain injury by putting into place adequate concussion protocols (not currently sufficient), and addressing such incidents as bumps and sling tackles. IF you wish to get heavily invested in this issue then I would expect you to address marking contests against the flow of play, hangers that risk injury from the knee, and spoils. There is the potential that a spoil could result in head injury.

Idmlike to know.

1. Both players get kod, who gets reported?
2. If mackay got kod, would Clarke get reported?

Last edited:
This is no worse than a player injuring themselves in a marking contest. Players going for the ball. An impact. An unfortunate injury. He is a fraction of a second out. Let’s judge it by watching in full speed, not super slow motion. Players are human. Hands are out by both players going for the ball.

This is no worse than a player injuring themselves in a marking contest. Players going for the ball. An impact. An unfortunate injury. He is a fraction of a second out. Let’s judge it by watching in full speed, not super slow motion. Players are human. Hands are out by both players going for the ball.
Plowman got 2 weeks for what you’ve just described, soooo....?

The ungraded but sent to tribunal decision is a boldfaced admission that Hocking and Christian have no idea what to do, they probably want a suspension but can't justify it based on the vision because it wasn't a bump and he had his eyes on the ball the entire time AKA no other realistic alternative to contest the ball.

This photo sums it up best. If you can suspend the bloke on the left I have no idea about our game anymore. His fingertips are nearly on the ball. He was beaten to it by thousandths of a second. If he goes for this, my love for the game is dying faster than the game itself is.
I agree. Just pointing out the lie that Mackay got to it first.

Thank you. I nearly through my phone at the the campaigner.

Football incidents happen. Leigh Montana’s opinion was correct. Both players playing the ball at no point did he “chose” to bump.

Unfortunately Clark broke a jaw and that happens in contact sport.

Had he chose to bump its 5. The slow-no shows him playing the ball he should get off.
Absolute flog king.. McKay has a dip and gets there quicker, you can’t suspend someone for their opponent being slower or more timid in getting to the pill. Absolute disgrace it was put up, Christian and Hocking a laughing stock

Remove this Banner Ad

Back