How often do you buy a new or different car?

Remove this Banner Ad

Only ever had two cars. My first was a new Mazda3, which ran beautifully until someone ran a red light and pulverised the front 6 years later and it had to be written off. Sad to see the first longtime car go in such a manner.

Got a used Mazda3 and had it ever since. Had to change the car battery once roadside, but otherwise never had any ad-hoc work required.

I'm not into replacing cars, phones, gadgets, and all that jazz. I tend to look after things and preserve them, have that sort of bent, and as long as they feel homely, function properly and perform to your needs, then I'll hang on to them until push comes to shove.

I don't buy them often.

Usually last 5 years at least between them.

Buying the wife a Range Rover Evoque atm, I'm tossing up between a 17 badged Caprice or a XE Jaguar for myself.

Three cars since 2008.

1st in 2008 - 1994 Ford Laser. Hit a Kangaroo and wrote it off when I was about 18
2nd in 2010 - 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer. Absolutely loved the car, had about 90,000k's on it when I got it, got it to about 260,000k's and the engine gave way.
3rd in 2015 - 2010 VE Commodore, still got it and it's been problem-free. I've put about 80,000k's on it now, and considering upgrading to an Isuzu Dmax or a Hilux.

First car was a corolla for 5 years.
Then a daewoo for 5.
A ute for 5.
Current subaru is 10 and no plans to sell or upgrade. Will keep until it no longer works.

So, after writing off my Subaru outback 2007, I have purchased a Subaru outback 2011. New one is an upgrade in features and a diesel.
get it tomorrow from the dealer...

My last 2 cars, had my 1990 VP holden for 16 years, probably still going, you couldn't kill it, just leaked heaps of water, brought a 2006 VE Calais 3 years ago and probably wont sell that for a while either, still in excellent condition, 135k on the clock, dunno if i will wait 16 years though

I REALLY would love a Subaru XV

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes!! But I want a black one.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dont

I have a black 17 outback you have to wash it twice a week to keep the dirt off. That being said the new platform the xv is on is great. Handling build quality (96% of subaru's are still on the road after 12 years) and safety are as good as it gets. Down side is th 2lt petrol doesnt have much grunt off the line and servicing is twice a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back