Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raj is going to lose his fifth job because Melbourne's most liveable city tag is under pressure?

LOLSY.

All those other cities that Melbourne is competing with for that tag are also battling the same pandemic.
So it all cancels out.

The real issue is that the pandemic is exposing Melbourne's sordid underbelly of preggers Zoe from Ballarat collaborating with far-right extremists to organise protests.
Hate to be your brain.

Reckon there are two things behind it. First being she (like any human) would have had mates in the party and they are cut for her. No issue with that at all, i'd be pissed at my boss (who I like) if he axed my mate.

Second is the Health Services Union (the one that demanded Mikakos be sacked) is aligned with Somyurek, who is bagging Andrews over this (tweeted "at least I didnt kill 700"). I suspect the former allies of Somyerek are seeing this as an opportunity to defeat the Bracks/Macklin branch stacking review by attempting to get Andrews overthrown.

Or it's a News-scum beatup.

Don't underestimate the purpose of this court case being to find a way to get documents into the public domain and the curfew decision on the weekend coming right before the court case.

I suspect the curfew decision was in part motivated by a desire to prevent documents from becoming public and the decision to persist with the case despite the curfew being listed (and no damages being sought) being motivated by trying to get those documents released.

Don't underestimate the purpose of this court case being to find a way to get documents into the public domain and the curfew decision on the weekend coming right before the court case.

I suspect the curfew decision was in part motivated by a desire to prevent documents from becoming public and the decision to persist with the case despite the curfew being listed (and no damages being sought) being motivated by trying to get those documents released.
I’m not across the details of the case but a couple of questions-
If the relief sought is declaratory, that is at the court’s discretion - from memory, a relevant factor in exercising that discretion is whether it serves any practical purpose (might not be strictly correct on that point). If that’s the case, wouldn’t the govt just seek to have it struck out?

Second point follows on, if the ulterior purpose is to get certain docs into public, does that support a strike out application?

the documents are out - they have already been handed over. given the litigant is a prospective lib candidate for the next election, there is as much a chance of that info staying secret as i have of being FF for the tigs

btw dont disagree the case is about getting hold of that info. the other motive i attach is raising their profile before preselection (its an age old tactic poli's from all sides have done)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can still only go out for the 4 approved reasons

Nothing has changed in that regard
No and it's working. Sick of people being selfish. All me, me, me. Everyone is so precious. This might teach kids some resilience but unfortunately some parents only care about themselves. No wonder some kids are so cooked these days. We are nearly there. We will get down to super low numbers and old mate Michael O'Brien will still whinge. You can quote me on that

They can still only go out for the 4 approved reasons

Nothing has changed in that regard
Let's be honest the curfew was setup to ping people having parties where covid numbers sky rocket. Sure it might not harm or kill anyone in their twenties or late teens it's the fact that the pass it on. Exactly what happened last time with Eid parties etc

1. No chance disruptions are worse without lockdowns. The fear came from our governments terrible messaging. Without that fear messaging and lockdowns, people would've carried on normal schooling like the Swedes did.
Yes, the fall from 700+ cases a day down to 5 today has nothing to do with the lockdown. :tearsofjoy:
The fear existed well before the government's messaging - the media was covering the spread of the virus extensively.
As I said, being in a school when cases are increasing exponentially is not "business as usual". You don't work in a school so you have NFI.

3. I agree, there is no program in place to help the 10000+ kids in Vic to catch up. And I don't have the blind faith in Andrews' and Merlino's ability to do it, that you do. There's a reason all the Grattan research is from overseas. I've cited Australian research showing that kids in this country simply do not catch up when they miss educational milestones.
All I have said is that targeted interventions programs can work if well funded - and that Vic Govt has a moral duty to ensure that these students are not left behind as a result of the 2020 lockdowns. You said it was impossible - which is simply not true.

And hope for more home schooling, so you can have more time for your gaming. I'm glad remote learning worked out for you, but it didn't for 20000+ kids in Vic and NSW.
I feel sorry for the kids you teach.
Wow - triggered much?

Though I acknowledge the impact on many disadvantaged students across the state, I was able to use various online differentiation strategies to continue to teach low SES students valuable skills for their future. Y'know, actually doing something to help these kids (albeit my job) rather than using them to push an agenda.

Now go back to complaining about greed in society whilst simultaneously flogging penny stocks in the finance forum. :tearsofjoy:

Yes, the fall from 700+ cases a day down to 5 today has nothing to do with the lockdown. :tearsofjoy:
The fear existed well before the government's messaging - the media was covering the spread of the virus extensively.
As I said, being in a school when cases are increasing exponentially is not "business as usual". You don't work in a school so you have NFI.

All I have said is that targeted interventions programs can work if well funded - and that Vic Govt has a moral duty to ensure that these students are not left behind as a result of the 2020 lockdowns. You said it was impossible - which is simply not true.

Wow - triggered much?

Though I acknowledge the impact on many disadvantaged students across the state, I was able to use various online differentiation strategies to continue to teach low SES students valuable skills for their future. Y'know, actually doing something to help these kids (albeit my job) rather than using them to push an agenda.

Now go back to complaining about greed in society whilst simultaneously flogging penny stocks in the finance forum. :tearsofjoy:
Mate enough of the common sense. It has no place here in Big Footy. Thanks in advance

Wow - triggered much?

Hey Deliverance

1601267489972.jpeg

Let's be honest the curfew was setup to ping people having parties where covid numbers sky rocket. Sure it might not harm or kill anyone in their twenties or late teens it's the fact that the pass it on. Exactly what happened last time with Eid parties etc

And had they actually brought in the curfew at a more reasonable hour, say oh majority of shops shut at 10 anyway so 10pm would be reasonable, then the only people being upset would be those who just want to complain.

The fact Dan gets up there and says nothing is open after 8pm shows how completely out of touch with reality he truly is. But he probably hasn’t gone shopping in over 6 years so we can forgive him there, but maybe he should have sought expert advice instead of a captains call!

At my local course. $8 for 50 balls on the driving range, $15 for 9 holes. $22 for 18 holes. Not exactly fox and hounds.

Golf is far from an expensive sport, you don't need to spend a lot to enjoy it ,i'm involved in a couple of social golf clubs that play at various course local and country for example Trentham, Goonawarra, whilst they are not top of the range, for our level they are decent . In one of them which i'm a treasurer we charge 50 for the round which gets you your 18 holes, a bbq lunch after and prizes at the end of round for A&B grade winners, generally a $ 25 coles myer voucher, pls golf balls for nearest to pins, long drives etc. We have a few other ways to bring cash in, selling drinks cheaply, but it is about the enjoyment for us.

Golf is far from an expensive sport, you don't need to spend a lot to enjoy it ,i'm involved in a couple of social golf clubs that play at various course local and country for example Trentham, Goonawarra, whilst they are not top of the range, for our level they are decent . In one of them which i'm a treasurer we charge 50 for the round which gets you your 18 holes, a bbq lunch after and prizes at the end of round for A&B grade winners, generally a $ 25 coles myer voucher, pls golf balls for nearest to pins, long drives etc. We have a few other ways to bring cash in, selling drinks cheaply, but it is about the enjoyment for us.
Trentham is a great course. The sport definitely isn’t a rich mans game unless your conclusions come from trump and caddyshack. Even hipsters like number 37 would have the occasional hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back