Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya wouldn't want to own airline shares for quids.

Too right. Qantas might be shrinking their fleet in the immediate future. Lots of airframes to be gotten rid of. Those huge Airbus A380's that fly the Meb/Syd to L.A route are just parked over there in the Mojave Desert and nobody else is gonna want them.

In comparison Andrews performance has been absolutely diabolical and I’m very surprised you can’t recognise that.

The Hotel quarantine fiasco was diabolical, there's no argument from me. That there was no solid and obvious chain of command to oversee this quarantine cost many lives needlessly. However, the numbers the Andrews government had to juggle was FA more than anything that Gladys had to mismanage up in NSW. A mere trickle was allowed out of the Ruby Princess and those figures spread enough through Sydney's suburbs.

Melbourne's Covid carriers, all 700+ of them, would have spread the virus and we would have seen an explosion in infected. Just look overseas to see how the figure can rise from mere hundreds to tens of thousands in a short span of time.

The initial hotel quarantine was bungled for sure. There should be some consequences and definitely some lessons to be learned. But I believe it was the hard lockdown that saved the 700+ figure from exploding upwards and outwards.

For that Andrews gets a tick from me.

The Hotel quarantine fiasco was diabolical, there's no argument from me. That there was no solid and obvious chain of command to oversee this quarantine cost many lives needlessly. However, the numbers the Andrews government had to juggle was FA more than anything that Gladys had to mismanage up in NSW. A mere trickle was allowed out of the Ruby Princess and those figures spread enough through Sydney's suburbs.

Melbourne's Covid carriers, all 700+ of them, would have spread the virus and we would have seen an explosion in infected. Just look overseas to see how the figure can rise from mere hundreds to tens of thousands in a short span of time.

The initial hotel quarantine was bungled for sure. There should be some consequences and definitely some lessons to be learned. But I believe it was the hard lockdown that saved the 700+ figure from exploding upwards and outwards.

Way too nuanced for those who are just out for blood.

Agree with all your points, however I am less likely to vote for him than you.

Any fool could have shut down the entire city for 3 months.

Good management would have been to achieve these goals quicker and with less punitive damage.

The severity and duration has been due to a dysfunctional hearth departmental that had diabolical contact tracing - which is why CoVID got out of control in the first place and took so long to get under control again.

Andrews has been running health or been Premier for 13 of the last 17 years - but he keeps finding other people to blame.

Sorry but evidence shows he is an incompetent, lying ego maniac.

So he gets a tick just for fixing a problem his gov caused? And fixing it through a devastating way which will have long term economic and other consequences.

I predicted prior to the second wave that we’ll still be wearing masks at the end of the 2021 flu season and got some quizzical looks from people I ran it past. Starting with my partner, some of ‘em are now starting to think I may not’ve totally lost my marbles after all!

Is he basing this on medical advice or his own opinion again?
Just watched the part of the presser and his exact words were - “the public health team, they’ll provide us with advice, but I’ve tried to be pretty clear with people, I’m a hold out on this”.

Sounds like a captain’s pick to me!

Question for everyone:

It's July. You have days where you are getting 200-500 a day. What do you do as Premier?

Go.
Question.

It's March. You have potentially infected people in hotel quarantine. What do you do as Premier?

Go.

Coz my answer isn't use a security firm not on the recommended list of providers and instead of giving them training in infection control giving them lessons in diversity.

As long as Michael O'Brien is the opposition leader, Andrews will remain the Premier.
15% approved his performance. I'm stunned 15% know his name.

15% approved his performance. I'm stunned 15% know his name.

Truly and honestly. He's had this whole hotel quarantine scandal served up to him on a silver platter, and still nobody knows his name or face. Incredible stuff.

Question for everyone:

It's July. You have days where you are getting 200-500 a day. What do you do as Premier?

Go.

Question for you.

It’s February and you know a Global Pandemic is underway.

What plans do you put in place to monitor spread?

A hint - using fax machines and lying your f***ing arse off for 7 months telling everyone “VIC Contact Tracing is gold standard/world class” is probably not the correct answer..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truly and honestly. He's had this whole hotel quarantine scandal served up to him on a silver platter, and still nobody knows his name or face. Incredible stuff.
Think of the leaders of yesteryear.

Howard, Costello, Kennet, Beazley, Bracks, Keating etc.

They'd have made absolutely mincemeat out of the government's handling if in opposition. They'd be Premier in waiting.

Instead we're stuck with this clown, which despite this government's short comings, wouldn't win my vote in million years.

By July it's too late.
Question.

It's March. You have potentially infected people in hotel quarantine. What do you do as Premier?

Go.

Coz my answer isn't use a security firm not on the recommended list of providers and instead of giving them training in infection control giving them lessons in diversity.
Question for you.

A hint - using fax machines and lying your f***ing arse off for 7 months telling everyone “VIC Contact Tracing is gold standard/world class” is probably not the correct answer..........
Congratulations on all of you not actually answering the ******* question.

Because yes, Andrews ****ed up HQ and yes, because he cannot say who he delegated HQ to he is directly responsible for it he should resign at the end of all of this.

But since then he has done a very good job.

I don't see how you can say he ****ed up in March but not also realise that what he and Victoria has done since has worked. Do people not see the entire picture of things?

Question for you.

I'd focus all of my attention on ensuring low risk activities are banned, have enforcement maintained through heavy-handed policing, and try to be Mr Popular. Then I'd spend the next year covering my ass.

Because yes, Andrews f’ed up HQ and yes, because he cannot say who he delegated HQ to he is directly responsible for it he should resign at the end of all of this.

I don't see how you can say he f’ed up in March but not also realise that what he and Victoria has done since has worked. Do people not see the entire picture of things?
Sure. But since your post only focused on one half of the story I thought I'd mention the other half.

Sure. But since your post only focused on one half of the story I thought I'd mention the other half.
I have been fairly open about my view of the first half and everyone at the time was bitching about the 2nd with no comment of what they would do.

Which I am still yet to get btw

Because yes, Andrews f’ed up HQ and yes, because he cannot say who he delegated HQ to he is directly responsible for it he should resign at the end of all of this.

I don't see how you can say he f’ed up in March but not also realise that what he and Victoria has done since has worked. Do people not see the entire picture of things?
The entire picture includes lost jobs, mental health concerns, lost months of schooling, struggling business owners, obfuscation, etc.

I have been fairly open about my view of the first half and everyone at the time was bitching about the 2nd with no comment of what they would do.

Which I am still yet to get btw
I'd have done exactly the same. Except I'd have beefed up the ring of steel so it was more than just a catch phrase and allowed regional Vic to open up quicker.

I'd have done exactly the same. Except I'd have beefed up the ring of steel so it was more than just a catch phrase and allowed regional Vic to open up quicker.

Lol, ring of marshmallows you mean? Anyone who actually got stopped at one of their checkpoints and got fined was clearly a bloody idiot!

I never saw a single cop car on any trips out of Melbourne and I made a few!

The entire picture includes lost jobs, mental health concerns, lost months of schooling, struggling business owners, obfuscation, etc.
And I have directly experienced some of those personally and know a lot of people who have experienced the rest. But what was the alternative when case numbers were rising?

Thank you

It’s June, you’re on top and about to ease some more restrictions. With lockdown over, 10,000 people are planning to march in protest over the death of an American criminal

What do you do? Support the cause and promote it? Or condemn them and stop the protest going ahead?
Send police to an anti-police protest. Always a good idea. Should have condemned the protest a lot more.

Still waiting on links with proof of cases from the protest though (btw I didn't support the protest)

And I have directly experienced some of those personally and know a lot of people who have experienced the rest. But what was the alternative when case numbers were rising?

Thank you

Send police to an anti-police protest. Always a good idea. Should have condemned the protest a lot more.

Still waiting on links with proof of cases from the protest though (btw I didn't support the protest)

Yet when the protest is against the Government they had no issues!

I see they are back to a softly softly approach with aboriginal protesters out near Ballarat atm

Posted it more than once! By the time they stopped updating it they were up to 40 from one cluster and was linked to the housing commission towers

Yet the DHHS classified the original case as a mystery case but ruled out the protest as the source, was funny.

Fact remains protestors got virus, went to work and spread it. Not only breaking the law at the protest but ignoring all health advice to isolate for 14 days after the protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back