Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
be77d42b-d195-4a95-93ef-ac6b565b7ef9-donut-day-photos_3.jpg

I think Andrews should move the 11.59pm tonight to 11.59am this morning so that we can all have a lunchtime jar!

Thats not where the bloodbath is, apparently peeps are going nuts booking the beauticians almost as soon as the presser started. my missus has already booked her "denist" appointment for tomorrow

The good news on this is the unknown source. its fallen again to 6, will fall to either 3 or 4 tomorrow. Depending upon many of the 6 unknowns get tagged, we can comfortably stay around the 4-6 mark for most of the next couple of weeks (fingers crossed). The 2 and 3 numbers on the unknowns are not really unknowns too - off memory only 1-2 of these are actually unknown, the bulk are all from the preston schools.
1603748961869.png

Cluster news also remains good. As of yesterday arvo, Box Hill is down to 5 actives, and SE down to 4. Chaddy and Hoppers are now rocking donuts. Even Northern is looking promising. 22 actives, but this is down from 39 confirmed cases overall. Total actives are also down to 91.
1603749189335.png

Two donuts in a row is impressive, and whilst i will never be a fan of the decisions this government made to put us in the position we found ourselves in, i find it disappointing people could not put their bitterness away for a day or two, we have all suffered mental anguish through this, and anger.

Time to enjoy what we have achieved over this time, holding on to anger is not a good thing.

My time to show my disappoint me will be at the ballot box next election against the current government, not just Dan, i have never held him completely responsible for all of this, and his so called team have kept themselves quiet through this for self preservation, typical politicians.

Two donuts in a row is impressive, and whilst i will never be a fan of the decisions this government made to put us in the position we found ourselves in, i find it disappointing people could not put their bitterness away for a day or two, we have all suffered mental anguish through this, and anger.

Time to enjoy what we have achieved over this time, holding on to anger is not a good thing.

My time to show my disappoint me will be at the ballot box next election against the current government, not just Dan, i have never held him completely responsible for all of this, and his so called team have kept themselves quiet through this for self preservation, typical politicians.

I'll make one bold call, you may be able to vote for Jenny Mikakos!

my money, the deluded fool is prepping for a run as an indy, or if she can beg her way in the greens or reason party

her tweets about the extension and the announcement over the last 48hr were delusion and frankly disgraceful (given her key role is managing the DHHS)

also agree there are a fair few squibs letting andrews take 100% of the heat. Not saying he doesnt deserve heat full stop, but Neville and Pakula have been in hiding (except when one of them decides to make a politically suicidal decision on the Cox Plate, and again lets Andrews cop 100% of the heat for that)

This isn't a great comparison - in terms of unknown cases which are one of the main concerns for the government response NSW has had under 10 over 2 weeks for pretty much their entire 'second wave', whereas we've just dipped below this mark now.
Yeah don't point that out, people don't like reading that.

decisions this government made to put us in the position we found ourselves in
This is important to remember. Yes we got out of it and yes we can finally begin reopening which is a fantastic achievement

But let's not forget the errors that got us here to begin with

my money, the deluded fool is prepping for a run as an indy, or if she can beg her way in the greens or reason party

her tweets about the extension and the announcement over the last 48hr were delusion and frankly disgraceful (given her key role is managing the DHHS)

also agree there are a fair few squibs letting andrews take 100% of the heat. Not saying he doesnt deserve heat full stop, but Neville and Pakula have been in hiding (except when one of them decides to make a politically suicidal decision on the Cox Plate, and again lets Andrews cop 100% of the heat for that)

Yeh that won't be happening, she is a much a part of all this that we ended up in, probably more because her department was the main problem for me.

Yeh that won't be happening, she is a much a part of all this that we ended up in, probably more because her department was the main problem for me.

Absolutely

I expected her to go off quietly, and hope to pick up a job as a union peep (the nurses union were the only mob standing with her at the end)

I reckon she's drunk her own Kool aid, and is convinced she did an awesome job and it's just nasty people scapegoating her

Strange observation...but during a pandemic it's fairly obvious that we need to be dictated to, democracy won't work, Europe is out of control. This mess is only going to get worse.

Strange observation...but during a pandemic it's fairly obvious that we need to be dictated to, democracy won't work, Europe is out of control. This mess is only going to get worse.
crazy hey?

remember China building mammoth hospitals in the space of 2 weeks with their authoritarian government.. seemed to work for them.

would take 2 years of permits and paperwork to get approval for aus to do something like that.

wonder how loose all this will become when we are in a 'state of emergency' again in the future.

The buck stops with Dan. Full stop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But we stopped each spike by contact tracers quickly tracking everyone at risk and getting them tested and quarantined.

So a few hundred people stay home while 8 million go about their lives.

The underlying unknown source of infection aka the 'mystery' cases will be the measure of our contract tracing.

There continues to be problems over masks in some Melbourne hospital covid wards.

Limited news coverage ? Only stuff that supports a oarticular view of life - sad really.

said this before, but two issues hurt him on promoting this.

Firstly it was way too late. Rather than leading the discussion, it was a response to the alp plan. The fact the plan was basically a diet lite version of the ALP didn't help either (it came off a a duplication with fewer pain points)

Secondly, the Libs response had been dominated by the idiot brigade lead by Tim Smith. If the media want a reaction piece, they go to him because its good copy. Coming out with a plan is boring when compared to shadow ministers wanting andrews arrested

Unfortunately both are on O'Brien, he needed to control his idiots, and he needed to provide leadership when it was lacking in the state

Last edited:
But let's not forget the errors that got us here to begin with

:thumbsu: :thumbsu::thumbsu:

said this before, but two issues hurt him on promoting this.

Firstly it was way too late. Rather than leading the discussion, it was a response to the alp plan. The fact the plan was basically a diet lite version of the ALP didn't help either (it came off a a duplication with fewer pain points)

Secondly, the Libs response had been dominated by the idiot brigade lead by Tim Smith. If the media was a reaction piece, they go to him because its good copy. Coming out with a plan is boring when compared to shadow ministers wanting andrews arrested

Unfortunately both are on O'Brien, he needed to control his idiots, and he needed to provide leadership when it was lacking in the state

O'Brien & co are not an alternative, the ball is still in Dans court.

crazy hey?

remember China building mammoth hospitals in the space of 2 weeks with their authoritarian government.. seemed to work for them.

would take 2 years of permits and paperwork to get approval for aus to do something like that.

wonder how loose all this will become when we are in a 'state of emergency' again in the future.

Or not close down the perfectly good infectious diseases hospital that we had already?

I'm more interested is systemic issues, which the current inqury has done a pretty good job of. These can provide real improvements whereas replacing one politician with another...well you get the drift

This website seems to have sacking Dan as the object. Why bother with taxpayers money when theres already Murdochs deep pockets on the case?

I'm more interested is systemic issues

:thumbsu:

Its going to very difficult for the DHHS & EMV structures not to be overhauled with the benefit of hindsight. After we stop thanking everyone we need to get dinkum, e.g are the best people in the jobs that count, the best people for the job, not some PC hybrid.
A quick read of some of the submissions to the Coate Inquiry suggests not.

If you're looking for hope and positivity, stay away from religious and political forums.

I can't wait to read the Trump thread after election results are in. Irrespective of the result, comedy will be the winner.

Neville is an interesting one after Crisp came out and said be never briefed her as he said he did and was legally required to

First off I call bullshit that he didn’t and besides, if Neville wasn’t being briefed, why didn’t she chase it up?

But it seemed to be another step in trying to protect her

Neville is an interesting one after Crisp came out and said be never briefed her as he said he did and was legally required to

First off I call bullshit that he didn’t and besides, if Neville wasn’t being briefed, why didn’t she chase it up?

But it seemed to be another step in trying to protect her

as ive said before, its clear the public servants were running on autopilot in some depts, which indicates systemic failures over many years in terms of leadership from ministers of both parties. the current place holders had their chance to fix things, didnt, and more importantly didnt try to take control in a crisis. Neville and Pakula at a minimum have to look at demotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back