Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I have directly experienced some of those personally and know a lot of people who have experienced the rest. But what was the alternative when case numbers were rising?
A more targeted approach with less focus on daily case numbers and more focus on holistic societal health. I understand the need to get community transmission down though personally would have preferred a more drawn out approach with less sledgehammer usage.

I feel we got lucky here. Patience was waning in the community and you could see that in posts here on Sunday.

A more targeted approach with less focus on daily case numbers and more focus on holistic societal health. I understand the need to get community transmission down though personally would have preferred a more drawn out approach with less sledgehammer usage.

I feel we got lucky here. Patience was waning in the community and you could see that in posts here on Sunday.
I totally agree. When we had to wait because of a possible big outbreak in the Northern Suburbs I was ******* livid

My friends overseas where everything is open and they don't care about it asked how do you cope with the lockdown and I would say "you cop it on the chin cause you have to grind it out" and Sunday was nearly my knockout blow

It’s June, you’re on top and about to ease some more restrictions. With lockdown over, 10,000 people are planning to march in protest over the death of an American criminal

What do you do? Support the cause and promote it? Or condemn them and stop the protest going ahead?

It's October, you're still a racist.

Congratulations on all of you not actually answering the ******* question.

Because yes, Andrews f’ed up HQ and yes, because he cannot say who he delegated HQ to he is directly responsible for it he should resign at the end of all of this.

But since then he has done a very good job.

I don't see how you can say he f’ed up in March but not also realise that what he and Victoria has done since has worked. Do people not see the entire picture of things?

I‘m blinded by his brilliance.....

and my 5 friends who’ve lost their jobs, my brothers cafe that’s gone under, the people I’ve had to sack to keep by my
business afloat, the family I’ve not seen for 6 months because I had to move to Sydney to keep some revenue coming in, the friends that are now seeing psychologists to help cope with the stress/pressures.

Andrews has done nothing - the Victorian people have done everything.

Andrews has stuffed Hotel Quarantine and Contact Tracing in March and lied about it for the next 7 months.

Other than lock up an entire city what has he actually done that’s helped?

Any fool could have shut down the entire city for 3 months.

Good management would have been to achieve these goals quicker and with less punitive damage.

We'd all love to be South Korea, but I'm not sure the circumstances behind their success could be replicated here. Their approach was aided by a population very willing to share personal data, are we as willing?

FWIW they've settled into a groove of about 100 cases a day, something no Australian government state or federal appears willing to tolerate.

Congratulations on all of you not actually answering the ******* question.

Because yes, Andrews f’ed up HQ and yes, because he cannot say who he delegated HQ to he is directly responsible for it he should resign at the end of all of this.

But since then he has done a very good job.

I don't see how you can say he f’ed up in March but not also realise that what he and Victoria has done since has worked. Do people not see the entire picture of things?
It was a very expensive fix to a problem that might never have been a problem in the first place if not for issues that have been discussed for many months.

You'll forgive me if I'm not enthusiastically applauding the victory lap.

pPmhJbE.jpg

The entire picture includes lost jobs, mental health concerns, lost months of schooling, struggling business owners, obfuscation, etc.

& the repercussions are going to be a factor for the next 20 years at least .... is this the wind before the storm, it may well be.

It was a very expensive fix to a problem that might never have been a problem in the first place if not for issues that have been discussed for many months.

You'll forgive me if I'm not enthusiastically applauding the victory lap.

the victory lap

Are we kidding ourselves, a victory lap now is the equivalent of leading at quarter time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s June, you’re on top and about to ease some more restrictions. With lockdown over, 10,000 people are planning to march in protest over the death of an American criminal

What do you do? Support the cause and promote it? Or condemn them and stop the protest going ahead?
I would have told organisers to delay the protest by four weeks on public health concerns.

& the repercussions are going to be a factor for the next 20 years at least .... is this the wind before the storm, it may well be.
Early accounts from friends and teachers I've spoken to suggest the kids are bouncing back quickly as life resumes some semblance of normality. I thought the world would have fallen off an economic cliff by now, but some of the data including stockmarket highs in the US and house prices in Australia has been staggering.

It wasnt like a normal recession with crisis of confidence and a shortage of money.

Problem is tempting people to spend money when they really want to spend on the things they cant have like going OS

It wasnt like a normal recession with crisis of confidence and a shortage of money.

Problem is tempting people to spend money when they really want to spend on the things they cant have like going OS

How about shut all the shops and have the money spent on Amazon. That will do wonders for employment and tax revenue.

Genius thinking by Dan. Good thing he has such extensive experience working in the private sector otherwise it would be so much worse.

I've spoken to suggest the kids are bouncing back quickly as life resumes some semblance of normality.

Kids (depending on age) can have “ignorance is bliss” attitudes. Where it gets challenging is when they don’t get any homework for the entire 6-8 months and their language and education level suffers.

And don’t forget the sports that’s missed out on as well.

I totally agree. When we had to wait because of a possible big outbreak in the Northern Suburbs I was ******* livid

My friends overseas where everything is open and they don't care about it asked how do you cope with the lockdown and I would say "you cop it on the chin cause you have to grind it out" and Sunday was nearly my knockout blow

And this will hurt us into the foreseeable future..European citizens won't be allowed to travel to Australia, nor will American, and all because they're too selfish to give up their way of life for a few months...* me.

My friend in Italy was telling me she can still go to bars and restaurants all the while 20000 cases a day are reported.

Democracy is useless during a pandemic...and so is sipping a latte at your local in Venice.

Fwiw. I'm not keen to go anywhere near a restaurant or bar at this early stage...way too risky for now.

The second wave was caused by returned travellers being quarantined by a shoddily trained private security outfit, yeah? The first lesson to be learned is that all returned travellers in a pandemic/quarantine must be overseen by Border Force, which is a Federal branch as I understand it. The Feds control the air, land and sea border into this nation, not the States. Individual States should have no role in a national quarantine emergency except as support rendered under centralised Federal control.

This is a lesson that must be learned. Returned travellers are a Border Force responsibility. Shoddy private security hired by the State of Victoria should not have even been an option.

Yes, Andrews botched the initial quarantine selection. I think he handled the recovery as well as anyone could.

Us adults of voting age will be able to register our pleasure or displeasure of his government ant the next State election. I know who I will be voting for. So do you by the look of it. Fair enough, this is democracy.
Now you’re deflecting again from the fact that states agreed to manage and operate the quarantine program.

The Victorian Government was responsible for managing this program and hired unsuitable, unqualified and dodgy security companies.

Daniel andrews and the alp Victorian state government were responsible for that situation and no one else.

Question for everyone:

It's July. You have days where you are getting 200-500 a day. What do you do as Premier?

Go.

Did not have much choice but to do what he did, maybe he could have eased things within the 5 k zones a bit earlier ie: cafes and restaurants within your 5 k zone only, with all the covid safe plans so they could see what works and what needs to be fine tuned, places will be madness this weekend, and whilst i want to support local businesses i'm going to let the dust settle first.

The government started the so called 2nd wave, but we did not help ourselves either with decisions people made.

Last edited:
I recently received an email from village cinemas stating that no opening date has been given to them. Seems like a strange decision giving that gyms will be opening early November.

Kids (depending on age) can have “ignorance is bliss” attitudes. Where it gets challenging is when they don’t get any homework for the entire 6-8 months and their language and education level suffers.

And don’t forget the sports that’s missed out on as well.

What school are your kids at? Mine got plenty of homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back