Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's funny, here he is in Wodonga after poaching the Seeley factory from across the border.

Maybe it was Gladys who put up the barriers?

Oh wow, you managed to find one time he flew into Wodonga for a photo op, he clearly knows where it is 🙄

It was in Victoria and there are no restrictions for the NSW border, so no...

Good to see nothings changed, still no one knows who’s making any decisions

VICTORIA Police cannot say who approved the blocking of Albury-Wodonga's Union Bridge footpath.

Its media department replied to The Border Mail on Tuesday after the path was blocked with barriers at the weekend amid the COVID border shutdown.

"Police were made aware of barricades on the pedestrian footbridge on the Lincoln Causeway but they had been pushed aside and were not impeding travel across the bridge," a spokesperson said.

"At this stage It is not known who authorised the placement of the barricades at the site."
It was a creeping assumption.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The mask issue is quite important in the context of returning to work though. People won’t return to the office whilst they have to wear a mask all day.

Anecdotally from what I’m seeing at work a material section of our workforce is reaching breaking point with WFH. Some people love it but some also find it isolating and it’s starting to become a serious problem.

How is the productivity? Is it easily measured?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a fair indictment that people would rather work from home with all of the close(ish) contact collaborations benefits forgone, loss of social / mental health benefits, cost-saving benefits and far less interruptions, than sit in a sparsely populated office maxed to a 50% capacity limit, with dozens of COVID safe regulations and have to wear a mask flat out for 10 hours.

So as a result, our government is effectively saying that for 3 linked cases today all from a known source and in quarantine, we're going to give another kick in the guts to all inner Melbourne offices and associated supporting businesses such as restaurants and cafes.

that is what i'm doing at the moment, sitting in an office with no one remotely close to me but wearing a mask.

that is what i'm doing at the moment, sitting in an office with no one remotely close to me but wearing a mask.
That's because the women in the office prefer you to be masked...

How is the productivity? Is it easily measured?

It is easily measured in accounting and it was very high during lock down.

There is an acceptance amongst the smarter people in management though that people are beginning to lose their connection with work/ their teams and that is expected to hurt productivity over the next 12 months.

People in our business that were calling to end the office six months ago now see it’s likely not sustainable like this (acknowledging that Monday to Friday wasn’t sustainable either and won’t return).

I could have sworn I heard someone at a presser say he was holidaying in Victoria.

I bet he didn't miss out on the $200 rebate unlike myself... ;)

Well last time he was on holidays no one in the government knew that he was away nor who was actually in charge

But good on him taking a holiday, his evidence at the hq inquiry was he isn’t involved in any decisions that are made by the government so clearly there’s no need for him to be around.

Well his social media team posted a photo of him with his family so it’s a fair assumption he’s joined them.

But it’s nice to see his social media team doesn’t get a holiday whilst the boss is away.
He wont be there, he might be arrogant and negligent but even he wouldn't think he could lie/forget his way out of that.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Local Government, the 50% back by 11/1/2021 is reconsidered due to mandatory masks

you're lucky

my mob have banned us from the office until easter

Liberal MPs, Sky, 3AW and the Herald Sun are all demanding he return from holidays so he can hold the hose.
The PM spoke to Tony Jones this morning on 3AW. Both had no issue with Andrews being on holiday and the PM advised recent positive phone communications with Andrews regarding COVID.

Last edited:
you're lucky

my mob have banned us from the office until easter
Jesus where do you work? We are only half capacity so in my team 4 at home 4 at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back